Jabhad   

Airline Begins Flights to Mogadishu

The Nation (Nairobi)

NEWS

August 11, 2006

Posted to the web August 11, 2006

By Nation Reporter

Nairobi

Kenyan carrier, African Express Airways, is flying thrice weekly to Mogadishu International Airport in Somalia.

This follows the reopening of the airport by the Islamic Courts Council after its closure nearly 14 years ago following the outbreak of armed conflict.

The first international scheduled passenger flight landed at the Somali airport at 10 a.m. on August 3, 2006. African Express operates four aircraft and was designated a flag carrier in May last year. It is allowed by the Kenya's Ministry of Transport to operate flights to the United Arab Emirates, Sudan, Senegal, Zanzibar, France, Oman, Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (Comesa), Qatar, Somalia and Saudi Arabia.

The low-cost carrier says it is in preparing to resume flights on the Nairobi-Mombasa route, and Nairobi-Johannesburg and Nairobi-Juba flights in alliance with some major carriers.

"Warlords could not allow any airport operations until the Islamic Court Council removed them. There is order everywhere. The main port of Mogadishu is also fully open with loading and offloading of ships being done with no security problem," said the airline, owned by the Bulhan family, in a statement.

African Express Airways is owned by a Kenyan born family of Somaliland origin. The famous rer Bulxan family of Hargeisa. It was one of the first airlines to make flights to Somaliland when it declared its independence in early 1990s.

Its good to see they also started flights to Mogadishu.

Cammi,

Sxb, first of all, qofna kaa dawayn kari maayo hadaad Somaliland qabiil ku sheegtid. So,

if that is how you interpreted what I wrote above, so be it. Somaliland hadii qabiil kali ah lagu sheego iyo hadii qabiiladdada wada dega lagu sheego, intaba sharaf iyo cisi ayay ku maalan oo dadka wada dega kula noolyihiin oo haday xukun noqoto iyo hadii ay wax kale noqotaba kula wadaagan.

Xoogsade   

Suldaanka, But was I wrong in my interpretation about the family's connection? That is how I understood. I know many somalis and no one identifies themselves as somalilander except some of my friends from one particular family, that of yours suldaanka. No offence brother.

I am not sure qof cerigavo ka yimid inuu leeyahay somalilander aan ahay ama qof laascaanood ka yimid. If some do, I have no objections to it as well though my objections if I had any would amount to nothing anyway.

You can appreciate the fact that majority of somalis associate Somaliland with one clan and love to ignore the claims made by somalis like you that Somaliland is representative of many clans. Aniga kula hadlaaya maantoo dhan haddii la igu wacdinaayo somaliland qaabiillo badanaa ku nool oo raba inay goonni isu taagaan, I dismiss it with ease.

Anyways, waa la is maan dhaafsan yahay. Wixii dhunsan/lunsan ilaahay hasoo hanuuniyo.

ME

lol, yea, I would say it is fun if it wouldn't offend our Suldaan here.

Xoog

There is no point in replying to someone who already had set his mind up about something. So in that regard, wixii aad isu madadaalisoba, ha kuu macaanaato, adeer. :D

Nephissa   

I bet rer Bulxan's airline is as crappy as any other airlines operating in Somalia, always making you feel like cattle stuffed into a tin can. Ii soo sheega when British Airways or Air France starts flying to Muqdisho or anywhere else in Somalia. Even after all these years, I still miss the Somali Airlines days **sigh** I still have memories of flying with them as a small child and loving every minute of it. I'A in no time we'll have the good old days back under a strong Islamic government, without having to worry setting foot on one of these clan owned airplanes or supporting them with our money.

PS: Xoogsade, so tell me, how many does your family own? :D

Originally posted by Tyjwania:

I still miss the Somali Airlines days **sigh** I still have memories

lol. Bisha, I still remember Somali Airlines. The night I was leaving Somalia (as a very young kid), I was asked by the security agent at Mogadishu International Airport if he can inspect my passport and other documents. I gave him my passport and my Canadian immigration papers. The officer walked into some office next door and disappeared out of my sight.

Oh boy ... you can just imagine what is going through the head of a young kid who was lectured by his family not to give his documents to Tuugyaasha. Mar baan is iri ma ka daba orodaa oo ma raadisaa ninkii. loool.

He was just a decent, professional officer doing his job. He came back with our documents, and took his time to "wacdi" us (me and my sister) on what to say when we get to other airports (Cairo and Rome). I remember he kept touching my head. A very good man.

Goormaan arki doonnaa similar service. Good old days. Insha Allah our country will recover from the devastation.

Xoogsade   

lol@Bishaaro, ii waran abaayo? Funny that my registered name on SOL is "Bulxan". We haven't robbed enough somalis to be that rich to own Planes :D

I have got other riches of my own necessary for winning the hand of a girl like you. And of course, I can't tell or detail these riches in public to avoid spoiling opportunities for you(you never know who will beat you to me first, see, waan kuu ilaalinaayaa fursadda, you gotta love that), it will have to be private revelations per your request.

Suldaanka.

ii sheeg horta, maku qaldanaa isku xirka reerka iyo somaliland? ogoloow inaan kaa badiyay saxib.

Nephissa   

^ As I'm sure you know, most girls will stick with a guy like you for richer or poorer ;) , but haddana if I have to beat them to get to you first, it ain't worth my time. I loved the "fursad" you've given me though, must admit it was a hard one to pass icon_razz.gif .

LST: We always tipped big to avoid the koofi cas Immigration officers :D . Always had the gates open, straight to the bottom of the plane.

Xoog

Adeer, look, meesha adiga ayaa qabyaalad aan loo jeedin soo galiyey. Adiga ayaa wax kale kuu gayaamaya oo marmarsiiyo u baahday. Somaliland hadaad wax aad ugu soo gabato weyday, ayaad desperately trying to twist things.

If my mere mentioning of the name Hargeisa is enough for you to vomit that kind of nonsense about Somaliland, ilaahay ha ku daweeyo.

Besides, it is not my aim to change anyone's mind about Somaliland, the facts about Somaliland are out there for anyone who is sane enough and frank enough to know more about it. NOt the sick indivituals who are akin to the much disliked Bull from Doollo, who is said "indhahiisu wax san ma arkaan, dhagahiisu wax san ma maqlaan". If you know what I mean.

I bet rer Bulxan's airline is as crappy as any other airlines operating in Somalia"

If the country is crappy itself, crappy is what it gets my dear. icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

He was just a decent, professional officer doing his job. He came back with our documents, and took his time to "wacdi" us (me and my sister) on what to say when we get to other airports (Cairo and Rome). I remember he kept touching my head. A very good man.

Goormaan arki doonnaa similar service. Good old days. Insha Allah our country will recover from the devastation. [/QB]

Saaxiib I am sure with the Islamic Courts in control the entire country, you will find not only Sheikhs mercifully touching your head as a grown up now, they will also preach you for remaining cognizent in Allah's fear and taqwa.

your role now is to support them to save our people and country from the Ethiopian wolves who are doing everything to bring somalia under their filthy feets.

nuune   

Posted by Alle-Ubaahne

Saaxiib I am sure with the Islamic Courts in control the entire country, you will find not only Sheikhs mercifully touching your head as a grown up now

lool, aad baad oola dhacdey nimankan maxaakiimta sxb Alle-Ubaahne, laakin hawl fiican bey wadaan runti, in la garab taagnaadana wey u baahanyihiin, shucaac baa ku jira arrinka ay wadaan qaarkiis, shucaacaas waa in ay iska nadiifiyaan si ay u noqdaan shuyuukh xalaal ah!