Sign in to follow this  
Oromali

BREAKING NEWS: ETHIOPIA MPS DO NOT WANT TO ACCEPT SOMALIA PLEA

Oromali   

this is strange, ethiopians are rejecting somalia parliament plea for assistance

http://www.africanpa th.com/p_blogEntry.c fm?blogEntryID=6949

Ethiopian MPs say No to saving Somalia Government

June 20, 2009 12:07 PM

According to BBC and AP, the Somalia government and parliament has asked Ethiopia, Djibouti and Kenya to send military support to save it once again. The Ethiopian government has always supported the government in Mogadishu but according to sources, many Members of Parliament in Addis Ababa have already rejected the plea of Somalia.

Most opposition MPs in Ethiopia do not want to send troops into Somalia to save the government from collapse since a central government in Somalia has never functioned. The state of Somalia was created only a few decades ago. Even during Somalia's best days under dictator Siad Barre government, his regime barely controlled more than 50% of Somali territory and he was repeatedly carpet bombing Somali towns through out his rule. The then American massive military support to the Siad regime was the only thing that sustained and emboldened it, but its collapse was inevitiable in 1991.

Sending troops is also costly financially for the already poor Ethiopia. The only worrying problems regionally are the expansionist ideology of the anti-government insurgents in Somalia (who have threatened to annex eastern Kenya and eastern Ethiopia territories) and the al-Qaida affiliated forces in that country.

But Ethiopian Opposition MPs have always supported the idea of putting troops in the border instead of sending into Somalia. Another dilemma of sending troops to help Somalia is the clan problem and the problem of pro-insurgent media in Mogadishu who are well-known for fabricating anti-Ethiopia and anti-AU propaganda. Ethiopia and other countries who try to help Somalia always risk their image being tarnished by Human Rights Watch (HRW) and other western organizations who use the propaganda from pro-insurgent media and witnesses as evidence.

However, the Meles Zenawi ruling party which holds almost 68% of parliament seats will likely accept the plea of Somalia and send troops to save Somalia government once more.

The Somalia President blamed al Qaida for the suicide attacks and for invading his country.

The madow kid in Washington cut all the aid he was giving the Ethiopian government Ethiopia cant even feed it civilians , and sh dalxiis is talking about Melez can you please save me from al shabab, guess sheikh dalxiis is on his own. lol.

The Zack   

The Ethiopians should act now and take the war to Mogadishu before it is taken to Addis Ababa. It is their own interest that they help the Somali government.

Oromali   

Originally posted by Xaaji_xundjuf:

The madow kid in Washington cut all the aid he was giving the Ethiopian government Ethiopia cant even feed it civilians , and sh dalxiis is talking about Melez can you please save me from al shabab, guess sheikh dalxiis is on his own. lol.

shariif is finished

Som@li   

Originally posted by Najmudin:

The Ethiopians should act now and take the war to Mogadishu before it is taken to Addis Ababa. It is their own interest that they help the Somali government.

Saxb, you trust Ethiopians more than Al shabaab, Ethiopians lost the war before , and I underestimated somalis problem when they entered Somalia last time, I think they will not enter somalia this time, they have more of their own problems.

The Zack   

I have no trust on Ethiopians not do I want them to invade Somalia, I was just pointing out how these Shabaab cowards are crying about Ethiopians entering the country when they are ones who are attacking everybody. Since they are brave enough to attack the Somali government they shouldn't whine about the tigray guys coming to get them.

let the Somalis fight it out. The warlord thugs and the non clan inclined muslim fighters. No wonder they rule 2/3 of somalia today.

Let the real freedom fighters who have the majority of the people support win! amiin.

Thats a good deal.