Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Anti-Somaliland Demonstrations in London

Lidia   

Question(s): Is it true that Somalis are nomadic pastoral people that dwelled in deferent regions at different times in history? If so, how could secession take place without a national referendum by the people? If northern Somalia does secede, who has the right to live there? Can I, a Somali person enjoy the land if I so choose, even though my family members were not born there? What is the difference between a Somali and a Somali Lander? And finally, what are the historical claims to the northern region of Somali territory?

Thanks for your time and I eagerly await for your answers.

Cheers,

L.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by GJ_Goate:

Emperor, the people love to eat Jam and donoughts. The people want their rights! We speak for the people and we are the people! People is a word which is chucked into arguments because it is a word that is almost taken as sacred these days. If the people want something, then it must right? In this case the people of Laaska are being occupied and held against their will, but what about those that actually support and aid Somaliland? Do the ones that support PL have more of a right to rule Laaska then the ones that are rooting for SL? On the one hand the one who seeks alliances from Bosaso is a hero and the one who seeks friends in Hargeysa is a traitor? If there is no such thing as Somaliland and Somaliland is part and parcel of Somalia, then what is wrong with one group of Somalis from Hargeysa and one group from Laaska taking over that city? Don't get me wrong, Somaliland was wrong to takeover that area. Mind you the majority of the "people" are oblivious to these two monkeys of regimes. Majority of the " people" are silent and get on with the lives, they have no real say in these matters. What is sad is that some Somalis are raising money in the diaspora in order to start a "clan war" against the enemy foreigner (SL). When the reality of that matter is they will be fighting their own cousins and potentially destroying their own cities. For what Somalinimo or Qabyaalad,Greater Puntland?

Your asking too much 'think' 'analyse' and 'respond' there mate :D

The real issues will be avoided and 'the right to protest' will be repeated thus how things occur on these here pages ;)

Well I just popped out for lunch and what a sight that greeted me…. Yes Yes the Somalis demonstrating outside 10 Downing Street with there banners saying all sorts of things but most were demonstrating for unity & peace... Get Ethiopians out of Somalia… free Oromo, some were asking for Aid etc... Sadly the majority were old man & woman so what happened to the Solers who continuously preach in sol about these issues? Why didn’t you attend this demonstration? This is the second time I am spotting them I just can’t help but wonder what happened to the young guys/girls who claim they feel the pain of Somalia. Is there pain limited to blogging and you tube and fall short of actually going out there and joining the solidarity movement? If so can these members be stopped from uttering false convections in Sol since they only talk the talk but don’t walk the walk?

those simple minded 'somalians' who demostrated last week, lacked the simple notion of democracy. if they understood what true democracy stood for they would respect somaliland and its seccessist agenda. Also most of the words on the poorly presented A4 size paper plackards has racist overtones. I truly wonder if those men and women holding the plackard understood what was written on them. these innocent people were manipulated by people with a deep hatred of somaliland and its achievements.

NGONGE   

^^ Of course they understood.

ps

Easy on the democracy drivel, saaxib. Though I get the point you're trying to make, you're risk looking like a simpleton in the way you made it. Besides, some of these people hail from areas which Somaliland considers part of its own territory. Is it democratic to protest against your 'own' country?

Ibtisam   

CL maybe they has jobs and things to do, it is 2pm on a Wednesday who on earth (young people) are free to stand out in the cold at these hours. Pluz you seem to think these demos achieve something?? UK still went to war in Iraq, it cares even less about African affairs.!

I urge you to go out there and see for yourself the last time I checked democracy was everything you fail to mention hell I even think you don’t know it stands for you seem to *******ise the concept of democracy as far as I am concern…..as for the slogans am sorry I passed them/had a clear look none of them had any Somaliland mention on what you call poor A4 papers…let alone where they uttering those words… you mock people attempt to seek unity and are urging the government to support there cause because You disagree with the cause… so please remove your ignorance and prejudice against them just because they don’t conform to your pathetic norms/beliefs….. Hell you’re like a flag blowing where the wind goes: one day your pro-unity and against tribes next your recognise Somaliland as independent state……. You preach democracy but you mock civil society that is exercising there fundamental right to demonstrate

You’re the prefect e.g. of Stultus est sicut stultus facit

Ibtisam   

^^^Loool. You seem to feel so strongly about the issue, why were you not supporting the pro-unity demo?

Lool @ no thats treason! wow talking about turning democracy on its head.

Don’t quote Latin on me, it’s not fair, it’s unnecessary and unwarranted!

civil society holds no tangible power!

I have to get back to work, so bring yourself and your latin notes tonight at my place! so that we could discuss it more depth! no pun intended!

MARC

Faheema.   

Originally posted by marcassmith:

Don’t quote Latin on me, it’s not fair, it’s unnecessary and unwarranted!

civil society holds no tangible power!

I have to get back to work, so bring yourself and your latin notes tonight at my place!

LOOOOOOL , sorry redface.gif LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL....ala beerka