Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Somaliland Officials Involved In Secret Talks On Reunification With Somalia

I think if Somaliland was given the appropriate promises in terms of power-sharing PLUS a favourable "Plan B" i.e; If Somalia turns back into civil war again, we will recognize Somaliland as a self-governing country, Somaliland would accept unification.

But I'm just speculating so Jacaylbaro and all the other SLanders, please don't point your guns at me :D

Somaliland's Foreign Minister, Abdillahi Mohamed Duale, is currently in Addis Ababa. He left Hargeysa about a month ago to an undisclosed destination.

The Somaliland government has placed a news blackout on Mr. Duale's whereabouts.

This is interesting, Duale has been away for a Montha, doing what? :D

As for reunification, nothing of the sort, the Somaliland entity will come under Mogadishu, they will get a good position and so on, but no more than any other region.

The game is about to end.

Viva Somalia. :D

Biixi   

Don't mean to offend anyone but what does Somaliland has to offer to the rest of Somalis? They've been selfishly lobying the world for their recognition I say let them have it, just make sure to leave those disputed areas behing an dnot come back. That should make everyone happy!

Castro   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

<---As Southerner... I do not support a unification with SL until SL compeletes its secession
:D

Clearly, the leaders of the rest of Somalia have shown themselves incapable of governance and may be a leadership from Somaliland is just what the doctor ordered.

Both president and prime minister from Somaliland. That's a conversation starter for the return. :D

P.S. Riyaale and other secessionists need not apply.

Somaliland admin have been in contact with the TFG from the day Mogadishu fell.

The TFG controls 15 out of the 18 regions of the republic, Somaliland can not even step into half the area they claim. Thus the advantage lies with the TFG.

As for stress if the report of Duale being in Adis for a month is true. Then they are not getting what they want.

Anyhow a gradual approach should be taken, with an undertsanding that the 2009 elections should be participated by those in Somalilan as well.

^^^Considering these people are from the regions n question. Some are even related to Riyaale who is no more effective nor important than the leader of Puntland which has been as peaceful as Somaliland and has developed quite well like Somaliland throug the civil war period. Yet these North Westerners will never admit to this simple fact.

RedSea   

Originally posted by TheSomaliEconomist:

Soon, there will be an interstate road to Hargeisa from Mogadishu lol. Next Stop H-town!
:D

Interstate5incentralvalley.jpg

I hope so, but rather than interstate, it would be inter country road, linking different side by side brotherly nations. However Muqdisho is still under occupation. The Ethiopians and their stooges have to be gotten rid of first.

lol@ admit to simple fact.

when will you people admit that the TFG isn't going anywhere, and the people of Muqdisho nor most of Southern Somalia don't want to have anything to do with it.

The area you mentioned are under Ethiopian occupation or what you considered TFG control, only we would see them get out of their 'control' the day those occupiers leave teh country.

As for Somaliland, the people are behind it and are in support of it, unlike the TFG which brought foreign armies to massacre and capture cities for them...that is not controling nor is that a government, but rather cold blooded murder squad.

No comparison here. Things may look good on paper, however the reality on the ground is totally a disaster. Even the U.S which use to support this foreign project said it's time to for new leadership. This is ship is sinking if you would admit to that.

Stealth, great saxib, but stop with the snide comments, the capital of Somalia is noe home to its national governemnt. Hence al the new secret deals and the heat being felt by the secessionists.

Things have changed. For good.

RedSea   

Actually mr. Duke,

I think you have observed enough to know, that more than anything things will come down to the people's call. So whether or not mr. Ducaale or any other Somaliland politicians make deals behind close doors, one thing is certain, they will join the Buubaa group.

It's the people's call, though mr. Ducaale said none of it is true.

Secondly, the reason perhaps the TFG and Somaliland officials met is because Ethiopia has huge influence in both areas. One in particular they have involved themselves militarily. Is there any doubt about that mr. Dukow? ;)

^^^Ethiopia is an ally saxib, it has done a great favour to the TFG and has destroyed the threat coming from Asmara.

So if Ethiopia helps in brining in Somaliland or the Burco-Berbera-Hargaysa traingle back its a other posative step.

Soem used to sugegst Ethiopia wanted to divide up Somalia, I think this is another reality check.

Sayid   

With all the time and the chances they had, Somaliland has no were to go since recognition is unattainable. Post TFG, not this TFG, is likely to negotiate or (force if needed). Until then,keep them parked.

RedSea   

To mr. Sayyid, aaah I have response for you....aaah WHAT?

The Duke,

That is the most redicolous thing I have ever heard.

One thing you should know though. Somaliland has a mission to accomplish, no one can stand in the way of what the people want. The TFG can coward behind Xabashi tanks for second time, however one thing is clear, the world is watching this time. There would be no excuse that 'terrorism or neo Islamists' are in the area.

Secondly, the people of Somaliland are willing to fight and fire in one direction. they have stood through test of time, one bothered, these people know how to handle bussiness.

Ethiopia would be making stup1d mistake if they attempted to try to role their tanks into Somaliland territory, because Somalis in Southern Somalia and those living in Somaliland as well as Somali galbeed will actually UNITE and Ethiopia will be make to realize their mistake.

BTW...if you are Somaliwayne believer, it doesnt make sense to consider Ethiopia as an ally, simply because EThiopia doesn't want to give back Somali galbeed, a big piece of Somaliwayne.