Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Goat Brassiere

There is a peculiar photo that hangs on one of the walls in an office in Hargeisa. At first glance, it appears like a couple of vultures at a fancy costume party. Then, you get curious as to why all of them would want to wear a similar outfit. When you look closer, you realize that they are not vultures at all. It is a herd of goats perched on top of a tree, browsing. It feels like I’m wasting the word ‘browse’, to describe the act of an animal searching for leaves to feed on!

Later, I came across a goat wearing a piece of cloth. This extraordinary piece of cloth is tailored into a pouch with strings extending from it. These strings are then used to secure the pouch in place. The goat’s tits are dipped into the pouch. At the risk of sounding vulgar, I will ask you to picture a goat wearing a bra. Can you guess what the goat bra is used for?

Goat milk is a precious commodity here in Somaliland. The bra ensures equal distribution of milk between the humans and the goat’s young. Only goats that have recently given birth wear the bra. You can easily tell if a goat has a kid or not. If it does not, it will walk around the streets topless. Bottomless?

For your information, goats have been known to regularly pull incredible stunts. I remember one goat that prophesied that there would be a catastrophe of great proportions in my village. To prevent the village from being wiped out, everyone was to vote for a particular fellow in the impending local elections. It ‘talked’ only once - to a group of influential friends of the guy. Many people were suspicious at first. It soon ended after they saw our village and it’s hero goat on the provincial newspaper called ‘Kisomo’.

The goat’s prophecy was fulfilled since our village is still intact. And yes, the politician made it into parliament.

My advice? Don’t let anyone cow you with any cock and bull goat stories!

somalie-chevre.jpg

Paragon   

At the risk of sounding vulgar, I will ask you to picture a goat wearing a bra.

Loool@suldaanka Waligeey saas uma qoslin. SO what you are saying is that goats too starting wearing it? :D Lama-maqal, lamanasheegin lol..

Gabbal   

Believe it or not, this is real, Goats in Hargeisa can claim up on top of the trees

markii waxkala lagu faaniwaayay, ma adhi geeda fuulikaro ayaa lagu faanayaa?

Xarago   

Horn maya huuno saas mahiin, ee wax yalaha lagu faano ayey ka mid tahey , ma ahan midas oo qudha.

Mise waxad rabta sidi reer Puntland in aan gebi mesha kawada dhigno sawiiro... :D