Sign in to follow this  
Alle-ubaahne

Ancient Beauty Evaluation for Women

Our great grand fathers used to evaluate the beauty of a woman from three dimensions, as the wisdom goes, they say, Saddex ha u weynaato gabadha,

KUBKA,

BARIDA, iyo

INDHAHA.

In the same token, our great grandfathers used to see some great significance in having three other parts of the women's body to be minimally small in size:

Cagta

Sanka iyo

Dhexda

In this wisdom, I would ask our beautiful somali girls, what do you make of it, is there any relevance to that as to how it pertains to contemporary beauty evaluations, especially for men when they realy mean to pick a girl based on her physicaly charming attributions.

I think, ceebna ha igu ahaatee inaan sheego, Kubka is under my list of vital measurement to consider for evaluating women's beauty. :D

Alle-Ubaahne,

Classic case of 'does my niqaab make my kubk/bari look fat?' You either choose one or the other..cant be sticking both fingers in the pie friend!

You of all people judging a woman by her physical assets...in your own words..aint she supposed to be covered from head to foot?

Also, in the same ancient measurement for beauty evaluations are three other attributions that are important in the intrinsic characteristical beauty of women, oo ah inay saddex u gaabnaato:

Codka

Cuntada iyo

Camalka

Who likes to spend live with a glutton woman, or an ever loudly speaking girl, or an angry woman with all her dealings? Not me, for sure! lol But guys, I bear witness that our great grandfathers were an expert for understanding the true elements that perfectly deserve for considerations in choosing Gabar Shax Shax ah.

Originally posted by Femme.:

Alle-Ubaahne,

Classic
case of 'does my niqaab make my kubk/bari look fat?' You either choose one or the other..cant be sticking both fingers in the pie friend!

You of all people judging a woman by her physical assets...in your own words..aint she supposed to be covered from head to foot?

Iga daa hada ciyaarta Femme, I was just joking. You know even if I was given the chance to glance at Kub Cadaan badan, I wouldn't look at it, since Kub fiiriyow clears the way for Bari fiiriyow. By the way, sister Femme, when it comes literature we've to make some retrospectives in the ancient mindworks of our people to see the remains we've in our current attitudes. And believe me, I am only offering my take as to what I would preffer in my dreamy hand-made selections off women's beauty. :D

But for a shiiq like Alle-ubaahne, what matters most is the Diin and the spiritual sense of the person, which is the best out of the four categories that people select their mate in marriage aspects. Now you understand the seeflabood, I surmise! :D

Ok, now that our great grandfathers had many wisdoms to offer in terms of beauty aspects, let's consider the negative negative behavioural characters said on women by our Ancient elders.

Haweenka Saddex Baa U Xun:

(1)Sodohdeed La Caaytama = She always argues with her mother-in-law

(2)Soojeeda Dhega Weyn = Basically dumb in her presence, Doqon

(3)Soofka u Dhaqaal Daran = Very reckless in taking care of her family property

the quest for digging more about this subject is going to be continued, since its very intriguing as a literature, insha-allah, to make sure we present the purity of our ancient father's attitude and understanding towards the world of our early Ayeeyooyin.

^Very interesting indeed. Do continue please. I never realized the extent of the responsibility placed on women for the perservation of our culture!

P.S. What does seeflabood mean? I keep reading it everywhere. If I take it apart seef is sword and labood means to jump out. But I somehow think you don't mean the literal sense. :D

Femme, that is right, my younger sister :D . Our decent culture expects more on our women, but not today's women. There is a great distinction between today's women and our great grandmothers. Just thinking about the nature of the previous great somali women makes me lose the appetite for these feminist women running around every where today. An epoch to incline and the people to be proud of only exist in our history, thus making everything we see now the least quality. Iga daa ha igu soo qaadine!

lol

Originally posted by Aeronwen:

She must be young

She must be pretty

She must be a good labourer

^^ The universal and
timeless
requirements of men when it comes to women.

Abaa quruxda amaan si kale u naqaan, meela badana wey gashaa, marka qurux eragya la dhaho waxaa moodaa inaan la isku raacsaneyn. Marka from universality of such statements is not valid unless it becomes compatible with the ancient wisdom of somali men, because that is more universal enough in terms of their dillegent works and superior discoveries of human needs. Igu raac arintaas, anigaa ku iriye! :D

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Alla-ubaahanow:- sadex iney u dheeraato soo maahayn?

1-Timaha

2-Luqunta (qoorta)

3-San-qaroorka

Waa runtaa saaxiib, alleylahey inaad naago-garrad tahay, ee ninyahow waxaan ku iri illa daadihi mowduucaan si aan usoo bandhigno waxyaabihii ay odayaasheenii hore ay ka qabeen quruxda dumarka.

Haye hada, aan shubno ceelka! smile.gif

Waryaa iga daa waryaa

fatarakuuseey inay u ekaato waayo

Indho ~ bul!

jirka yac

seenta xiim

marshada qac

igee lee hartay yaah :D

Laakiin batante ay ku weydiinaayan nooh :(