Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Edna Adan wants to come back to politics.

The only reason why poeple rumour that Edna Adan is Christian is because of her history. She happens to be the first Somali lady to have complete education from prep to university and become professional nurse at Kings College in London. She became the first Somali female to buy and drive her own car. She was independent woman from early age and travelled by her own self. All these were tabboo in those days... and hence the rumour that she is a Christian.

She is not the only one. Saleebaan Gaal was also in the same boat. He happened to be the first well known Somali to have married a white chick in the 1950s in London... Coming to Hargeisa wit ha white chick and wearing sunnies, he copped the name Saleebaan Gaal.

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

yeah ,, i guess i can say miles is a cow ,, now he should believe me
:D

^^At least, if miles was cow, it makes senses. ;)

Moo mooo icon_razz.gif

What if I were to tell you the good lady and I were in the same Sunday parishioners? I could tell you more of the good lady, but I do not want to, for one must respect the good lady’s privacy; her religious belief by the way is hers, it’s no secret, and she is not the only non-Muslim in Somalia, so leave her alone and in peace.

Saalax   

Originally posted by AYOUB:

^ These days, it seems everyone can issue Fatwa declaring another person "is not Muslim".

so true. :D:D

Originally posted by miles-militis:

What if I were to tell you the good lady and I were in the same Sunday parishioners? I could tell you more of the good lady, but I do not want to, for one must respect the good lady’s privacy; her religious belief by the way is hers, it’s no secret, and she is not the only non-Muslim in Somalia, so leave her alone and in peace.

You can declare your Christianity but no one will believe you when you talk about someone else.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by miles-militis:

What if I were to tell you the good lady and I were in the same Sunday parishioners?

Are you a Christian then Miles?

Anyways, whatever you say has to be weighed against reliable folks who saw her in Makkah about 2 years ago.