Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Kismayo: alshabaab’s waterloo

Castro   

Xiinow, like Duke before you, you're betting on the wrong horse with Sharif awoowe.

Originally posted by Gabbal:

It is a tribal outfit masquerading in Islamic garb.

The clan is everything.®

Kamaavi   

Reer gedo horta ma sidanaa ka dhaba mise tabar la'aan ayaa qaarna shabaabka daba dhigtay qaarkii kalena doolo ka riday ,,, icon_razz.gif

Castro   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Castro, come again awoowe

You're betting on the wrong horse with Sharif who has no charisma, little vision, and even less power or influence. I admit his "election" in January had good potential but the man is wearing shoes he cannot fill. In fairness, the Somali problem is greater than any one person but Sharif will be another soon-to-be-forgotten footnote in our saga.

Unless, that is, you've gotten off the Sharif caravan in which case, I apologize. :D

Castro, nothing new in your above post there.

fyi xiin still thinks the Caravan has been a success. He supports Sharif not because Sharif is strong, but because he is right on the most important question in somali conflict and the alternative is worse.

Castro   

^^^^ Only because you asked me to repeat what I said. Sharif (and in fairness, most who came before him) are examples of the Peter Principle.

"He" supports a weak leader? :D Love the third-person reference.

And you do know that being right means nothing awoowe.

^^Being right means a lot to me, for if I were to base my support on one's strength I would have supported different players in this conflict, and the ones before it.

I am tempted to say something about the absurd notion of being strong as a measure of success…but I will let it pass awoowe

Castro   

^^^^ Being right without being strong means nothing. It is a necessary but (woefully) insufficient condition.

Is that more palatable to your engineer mindset? :D

^^ :D:D

ok. I see you have some time in your hands.

Serioulsy, if the lack of military strength in current TFG is what makes you utter these livid words, I am not wrong I suppose to think that you will come around the minute Sharif’s tanks enter in Baydhabo. Or am I :D ?

Castro   

The TFG remains a puppet regime and a failed enterprise saaxib. No doubt Sharif is in the wrong place at the wrong time no matter how "right" you insist he is. Time will prove one of us (probably me :D ) right.

And strength != tanks, yaa Xiinfaniin.

^^So you are rooting for the regime change effort in the south :D (spear headed by Alshabaab ,of course)?

And other than pointing out the proverbial political shoes, which you claimed Sharif's forcing his feet in, are not tailored for him, what alternative do you have given the fact that alshabaab are not interested in talking to a murtad government?