Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

In pictures: Mogadishu life

raula   

Currently..iam sick of seeing "classic greek-style mansions and business premises" on many regions of SOMALIA(including SL/PL). Are you telling me after 14yrs of civil war, an ailing economy/"PENNY-PINCHING" catastrophic environmental and social detriments-that this is the REALITY of the Country :confused: Where are the Shanty homes and "GHOST-TOWN" cities at :rolleyes:

NASSIR   
Originally posted by Rahima:

[QB] ^Do you actually buy what you have written?

It is reality . I have lived in Mogadisho in the early 1990s particularly when the war between the two major factions collided to the extremest. Please watch the recent documentary and news footage made. It is truly bloodcurdling

Blessed   

Originally posted by raula:

Currently..iam sick of seeing "classic greek-style mansions and business premises" on many regions of SOMALIA(including SL/PL). Are you telling me after 14yrs of civil war, an ailing economy/"PENNY-PINCHING" catastrophic environmental and social detriments-that this is the REALITY of the Country :confused: Where are the Shanty homes and "GHOST-TOWN" cities at :rolleyes:

Nobody takes pictures of those sites sis, but they do exist. Nobody wants to acknowledge them or be reminded ofthem. No, we are happy to sit back and enjoy pictures of other people’s hard work. Who cares about those poor savages.

Our homeland is slowly turning into a class society (both physical and mental). Yet, with our competitive and arrogance.. Nobody cares :(

Aaah, Muqdishu was one of the most glorious cities in Africa. It was called the city of lights by the Arab historian Ibn Butata (spelling?). Thanks to the sweet tales of my relatives, I was always captivated by this city, though I’ve never been… I've always wanted to see Muqdishu, to see if it was really as good as it was described (or if my silly siblings were just being mean 2 moi).

and now that it has been turned into a shadow of it's former self, I don't see the point...!!

These pictures are sad. may Allah help our people. May Allah guide them.

Liqaye   

I would like to know if it was very difficult to post the worst pictures one could get of mogadishu post it under a neutral title then make them most stunning turn around by posting up 3 better pictures of irreleevant developments with the normal helping of dismal english grammer?

Because if it was I was not paying attention.

In the end mogadishu is a testament to a somali traits that is evident in every somali cities recent history namely although somalis might inflict damage on themselves they survive and it remains to be seen if they will posper

Burco, Kismayoo, Galkaacyo and baidoa come to mind.

Forgive me if I have forgotten to add your particular tuulo to the list.

Samurai keep posting those impartial pics, obviously you are much better informed than us.

Is it just me or do people realise4 that thesum total of somali development cannot be measured in the opening of expatriate hotels or another telecom company?