Sign in to follow this  
Alle-ubaahne

Ethiopian Army In Chaos, Internal War is Brewing Now!

Ethiopian troops defect to Eritrea

Nairobi, Kenya

10 August 2006 01:57

About 150 Ethiopian troops, including a senior commander, have deserted the country's army and escaped to Addis Ababa's arch-foe nation Eritrea, officials said on Thursday.

They said the desertions, which still remained unexplained, were the first to hit the Ethiopian military, but Asmara attributed them to a growing disenchantment with the ruling party.

"According to our reports, around 150 members of the Ethiopian army defected to Eritrea on Tuesday," an official with the United Nations border mission told Agence France-Presse (AFP) on condition of anonymity.

"This seems to be the first massive defection of Ethiopian soldiers ... we have no information concerning the reason of this defection," the official said.

Defence Ministry spokesperson Dawit Asefa only confirmed the defection of General Kemal Gelchu on Tuesday.

"An Ethiopian general, Kemal Gelchu, escaped to Eritrea two days ago, that's the only confirmation we have," Dawit told AFP by phone.

An Eritrean government website said the defection pointed to a growing disaffection by Ethiopians with the government, which it blamed for "suppressing the struggle of opposition organisations and failing to honour the outcome of the popular election and desperately trying to prolong its stay in power".

"As a vivid demonstration of these developments ... [a] senior commander of the enemy force ... and tens of other army commanders including colonels together with hundreds of soldiers safely arrived in Eritrea ... along with their full logistics, communication equipment and military hardware," Eritrea's information ministry said in the website.

Relations between the two Horn of Africa nations have remained tense since they fought a two-year border war that claimed the lives of about 80 000 people and continue to trade blame over the unresolved border demarcation.

In addition, Addis Ababa repeatedly accuses Asmara of supporting rebel movements in Ethiopia in a bid to destabilise the government. -- AFP

Hope is hope, my friend, but the facts are unearthed inside Ethiopia and that will definately favor for us as it proceeds this way, insha-Allah.

Let's listen the news in the next few weeks!

Military officers' defection is a symptom of a chaos that might finds its place in that nation's future but not in its present time.They can fix the problem,ethios are damn nationalists and that won't affect them in any way.This move might even be a manouvre of somekind and might not be what pple really think it is.I don't think the fall of ethiopia will ever help us in anyway.If they fall,what would stop the somali members of that region to be greedy and declare themselves as a state?Somalia needs to be liberated and there is only one way to liberate pple and that means pple liberate themselves,liberators do not exist and never existed.In which ever way u look at somalia's situation,war is inevitable.None of those corrupted sick old men wants what is good for somalia,some want names,others want power and riches and others want clan monarchy.Neither the old men of the tfg nor the old men of the uic want what is best for somalia but what is fit for them.What they are good for is to blame each other and do the name callings.In short,an external influence can only be over comed when the internal mess is cleaned up.

Originally posted by Yo-Yo Ma:

Would it be so bad if they(Somaligalbeed) declare themselves to be another Somali State, and not join the chaos dat's SOmalia today.

Then we have a situation :,

1.If somali galbeed doesn't release itself from the ethiopians,the pple would still be dominated and suppressed.Somali galbeed can declare themselves as a state.

2.If somalia cleans its mess and emerges forth as a state and then gets to be part of that somali galbeed liberation as it was before,Somali galbeed has no right to declare itself as a state from the rest.

Yoyo mama,then in that case, i think the best alternative would come along with the situation.Therefore it was a premature assumption that i made on my part,thanks for correcting that part.On the part ''An other somalian state'',i would vote for only one somalian state including djibouti itself.We have somali land,puntland,juba land,and yesterday i was hearing a darwiish land.So from there,one can conclude many vital aspects,and none of them would be in accord with a nationalist's views.How about if things were made to be before those silly lines were drawn by the colonialists?The whole thing came with the damn world war one.Therefore what is ours is ours regardless of claims and legitimacy. ;)

Buur Cad   

Ya, ya, ya ! First you burn your country down to ashes. Then, you start eying your neighbors country to burn. What kind of animal are you? You even pray to Allah that the carnage is visited upon Ethiopia. How pathetic !

May God snatch the guns and the swords from you hands because you used them unjustly on women and children. I pray that some Arab guy give you employment as a doorman in Jeddah or Dubai.

Wiilo   

Soomaali waxay tiraahdaa "God siray ha qodin haddii aad qodana ha dheerayn ku dhicidoontidaa ma ogide" Ethiopia inta ay maleegaysay distruction ka Soomaaliya, godkoodi ayaa biyo ugu soo galayn, it their turn to collapse. Can't wait to see that day, insha allah it is gonna happen.

Go figure:...

Buur Cad   

Originally posted by Wiilo:

Soomaali waxay tiraahdaa "God siray ha qodin haddii aad qodana ha dheerayn ku dhicidoontidaa ma ogide" Ethiopia inta ay maleegaysay distruction ka Soomaaliya, godkoodi ayaa biyo ugu soo galayn, it their turn to collapse. Can't wait to see that day, insha allah it is gonna happen.

Go figure:...

Oh! Waw ! Waw! New truth has just been unearthed, courtesy of Wilo. We now know that, contrary to popular perception, it was Ethiopia who destroyed Somalia, not the warlords. And for good measure, she mentioned the name of Allah to go with

May Allah protect us from liars and violent thugs! Amin ! [/

Xaabashi

Xabashi....Take chill bill buddy,

Somalis destroyed Somalia, but Ethiopia gave helping hand by housing Somali rebels and supporting the warlords dat massacred our people.

Ethiopia is no by means an innocent bystander.

Destruction of Ethiopia is no body's interests, but I think It will eventually go the way of the Former Yoguslavia. There is such so much oppression one could tolerate.

Now what makes me sick is when certain individuals transform a legitimate arguement and make it kinda personal and thus make some personal attacks,that my friends is a shame.Xaabashi,Maybe u do understand,maybe u dont but get the facts straight from me son,Ethiopia as of the state or as the individual citizen,As for the state ,its our sworn enemy and has been our sworn enemy as long as history could tell.As for the ethiopian individual,we wish no harm to them but that won't spare them anyways for the state is theirs and by their will,the state does and acts on their behalf.Therefore do not get confused,ethiopia is an enemy and i for one only live to take it down on its knees.Did ethiopia participate on somalia's downfall?Yes.Does ethiopia oppress and suppress somalians?Yes.Does ethiopia committ war crimes against the poor stateless somalians?Yes.So what else do u want to prove the enemity between us and the ethiopians?By no means we shall have a war one day and maybe it might not be that far but mark my words,History does repeat itself over and over again and as always,the ethiopian soldier will lose every battle and resort to the phobia that they always had of us.This is nothing about u,this is only a fact,one that always stood strong.Next time,maybe u might want to understand.What can ethiopians do?Ethiopians got to respect somalian politics and let them be,they got to give back that land they have from us and they got to absolutely stay away from us.Will they do that?No they won't.What's the result?A wrath that will always echo through the voids of ages and wars that will never cease.

Tahliil   

Lieutenant Halane;

Strong words Indeed. But try not fall into the trap bro...The collapse of Ethiopia will only bring millions more of hungry Ethiopian refugees into Somalia. Have you lately seen the cities of Hargeysa and Bosaso and Berbera? The sheer number of starving Ethiopian refugees from as far as Gondor is humungous? Sections and sections of those cities are now called the Amhara quarters...I think if a plague, more violent than what they got now, visits their cities and towns, we will have our hands full with a lot of displaced Amaharas...No one is like Somalis, with family ties and connections, we survive through tough times but these poor people will die in our alleys and streets and we will not be able to come to their aide. I think we should pray for now an immediate and a new regime in those urine-stained, beer-polluted, Aids-infested, hunger-tainted, poverty-stricken, stinking-potholes of those infected Addis streets so that at least they can stay in their countries. When I was there last year, for a minute, I thought maybe we need to build a fence a long the border to keep the unwanted, the surplus labor of the Ethiopians out. That said I wish them no harm though...