Sign in to follow this  
Batuulo

Girls ~~ Do you ever try to defence yourself?

LuCkY   

Yeah BatuuLo-six inch heeLs.

I dont Like knives...so hopefuLLy i wont face them.

There is aLways an aLternative:

Using the tips you aLL shared or:

Using some of the wrestLing moves i Learned-wwe smackdown style-i have my bros to thank for that.aLways picking fights with me(smaLLer than they were)and by that time their torture time for me was over-what a chaLLenge they had to face. :D

Or you can aLways jab them on the nose-i Learned that in my psy.cLass...weLL actuaLLy its a technique used when a dog attacks you-i guess it can work both ways. :confused: ;)

Gediid   

Originally posted by Lucky:

Yeah BatuuLo-six inch heeLs.

I dont Like knives...so hopefuLLy i wont face them.

There is aLways an aLternative:

Using the tips you aLL shared or:

Using some of the wrestLing moves i Learned-wwe smackdown style-i have my bros thank for that.aLways picking fights with me(smaLLer than they were)and by that time their torture time for me was over-what a chaLLenge they had to face.
:D

Or you can aLways jab them on the nose-i Learned in my psy.cLass...weLL actuaLLy its a technique used when a dog attacks you-i guess it can work both ways. :confused:
;)

Or maybe Lucky try swapping 6" heels for a pair of Nikes and working on your lower torso and learning that when running AWAY from an attacker make sure not to run in a straight line but a series of quick zigzags ;););)

Originally posted by BARWAAQO:

quote:Originally posted by Gediid:

I will either run for my life or cry like a little girl
smile.gifsmile.gif

LoL! One better than me...I would probably faint as soon as I saw the knife. Ilaahay hay naga qabto.

Batuulo....that
is
scary sis.

Nin Yaaban,

It is not just women that are attacked, u kno. I read a newspaper article not too long ago which claimed men (especially young men) were 4 times more likely to get attacked in London than young women. I don't know if its' the same in the States or not...but apparently, men get involved in fights more easily, they are not careful or aware of their surroundings when they are out (especially late at night) and most importantly they are too over confident.

So, it is important for both sexes to learn some form of defence. Insha'Allah, ur skills will never be tested, but whether it proves useful or useless, you'll at least have more confidence. It is also a good way of staying fit....a good thing whichever way you look at it. Maybe you should try it b4 u knock it.
;)

I'll try to find that article now.
I dont understand you. :( Hows fighting related to being attacked, or assaulted? Fighting is a different thing from being assaulted while walking down the street on your own.

Anyways, walaal it doesn't matter if you have marshal art trainings or not. There are some really screwed up people out there, who only seem to be preying on women. So i would suggest that women stay home, and not even bother giving those screwed up ones any chance to assault a women.

Lucky walaal there is nothing wrong in staying home, it may even bring a good name to your family. Its the best thing to do. Women who stay home, are said to be, NAAGAHA ugu fiic fiican. So, walaal staying home carries a honor for the somali women. I would strongly suggest that you stay home.

LuCkY   

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY GEDIID:

Or maybe Lucky try swapping 6" heels for a pair of Nikes and working on your lower torso and learning that when running AWAY from an attacker make sure not to run in a straight line but a series of quick zigzags

I might just do that. ALthough i can teLL you that i have the zigzag part down-Learned it when i was on the footbaLL fieLD.

LuCkY   

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY NIN-YAABAN:

Lucky walaal there is nothing wrong in staying home, it may even bring a good name to your family. Its the best thing to do. Women who stay home, are said to be, NAAGAHA ugu fiic fiican. So, walaal staying home carries a honor for the somali women. I would strongly suggest that you stay home.

Listen i dont mean to disRespect you but you seem to have issues that you need to Resolve.

My famiLy aLready has a good name so i dont need to woRRy about that and neitheR do you.

I dont caRe foR what otheRs think or say. I am a good peRson-eveRyone who knows me and my famiLy aRe awaRe of that(thank you veRy much).

As faR as honoRs goes-i have enough-i am not heRe to pLease peopLe onLy the ALmighty-ALLah.

So youR suggestion is Rejected.I know whats good foR me and I can ceRtainLy take caRe of myseLf.

Xafsa   

Originally posted by Opinionated:

I would stab you in the eye, you nasty creep!!

loooooooooooooooool :D:D

I swear to god I was laughing like a mad woman....

Nin yaaban I suggest you watch who you go after...it could be deadly.

Nin Yabaan:
it doesn't matter if you have marshal art trainings or not. There are some really screwed up people out there, who only seem to be preying on women. So i would suggest that women stay home, and not even bother giving those screwed up ones any chance to assault a women.

This is not a very useful suggestion. Do you mean that we (women) must be stuck in the house 24/7? Can you honestly see that happening? Attacks will happen whether it's night or not - you could get attacked picking the kids up from school or buying some groceries from the corner shop. Would you rather not have a fighting chance?

Also, how likely is it that your (Insha'allah I hope this never happens to anyone) attacker is a martial-arts expert? Even if you have the slightest knowledge of defence you can wound the attacker long enough to get away.

Nin-Yabaan:
there is nothing wrong in staying home, it may even bring a good name to your family. Its the best thing to do. Women who stay home, are said to be, NAAGAHA ugu fiic fiican. So, walaal staying home carries a honor for the somali women. I would strongly suggest that you stay home.

Can I ask what the point of this post was? I dont see how "a woman going outside" can give the family a bad name. What about work and school? I am afraid that perhaps you have been hanging around with too many unscrupulous characters that have given you a bad impression of women. If so then you should stop generalising and bringing down all women.

Barwaaqo, I look forward to reading that article.

harmonyangel

Batuulo   

Waraa nin yaaban, get a live Baazuuko kulahaa, Maxaad u maleysaa in dumarku ragga ka liitaanbaa? I'm proud who i'm :cool: ..

Originally posted by harmonyangel:

This is not a very useful suggestion. Do you mean that we (women) must be stuck in the house 24/7? Can you honestly see that happening? Attacks will happen whether it's night or not - you could get attacked picking the kids up from school or buying some groceries from the corner shop. Would you rather not have a fighting chance?

Also, how likely is it that your (Insha'allah I hope this never happens to anyone) attacker is a martial-arts expert? Even if you have the slightest knowledge of defence you can wound the attacker long enough to get away.

In traditional Soomaali society it's still normal to see women spending more time inside their home, than outside of it. It's just recently (when people came to Amerika?) that many people started changing their ways and picking up the GAALO dhaqan. Walaal marka staying home is something thats really good for you. I try to convince that to Lucky but she seems to be offended by the whole idea. I can't see why.

Believe me walaalayaal, its unheard of women getting attacked inside her home. That happens unfortunatly all to often on women walking outside by themselves.

Batuulo   

okkkk...

a/c wr wb

.. hold up Nin-Yaableh, i don't know what's wrong with you , but keep it your mind, women is just like you, olso When women see a ''caution'' sign, they carefully avoid it, while men assume that it was meant for someone else, and come home with every bone broken :D .. So! nin- yaaban wax kalaad is moodaye ,, easy boy..don't jump too hight.... ;)

biG mOm   

As-salaama calaykum wrhmtullhi wbrktu

first thks bro & sisters for the tips you shared with us. i appreciated.

alla meesha maxaa feer iyo fara laab ka socdaa

Nin yaabsan Walaal Habalaha u daa Ra'yigooda :eek:

-I am mad at the men who think that women cannot, should not or have no interest to think, act, make decisions, have a life outside of house, husband and kids, be politically active, derive satisfaction from career or other outside interest, have no aptitude for understanding economics, politics or anything else and therefore have to rule the roost. :mad:

-Women want respect, dignity, the right to make our own choices, to pursue our own dreams, to live in safety with enough economic resources so that we can give our children a happy childhood which encourages them to discover their own unique strengths and to help them build defenses against their weaknesses, a mate who is a tender lover, a best friend, a comfort in hard times and a joy in happy ones, supportive and and in need of support.

-Most of us want autonomy--the right to define who we are, not to be defined by others.

.allaah knows best.