Sign in to follow this  
WILDCAT

A woman wearing MACAWIIS

Originally posted by Kafaaxiye:

i do have to admit the goorgaradyaal are not as comfortable as the macawis, because of all those nitty-nanny robes at their end,
and the ones i have seen are either too loose or tight
. so why not allow the xaliimas the same freedom we faraax's have enjoyed for so long.

LoL..Sxb..are you implying that you have tried on a Gorgorad?... :D

Cheers

I dailly walk in the streets of the West with my charming macawiis to firmly adorn myself with the beauty of my traditional dress. It brings me the fitting allegancy of flamboyant style.

Accept, it is hard to dress it in the winter, but with al-Cumar, the protective underwear gears who use against the cold weather.

No one can bad mouth the beauty of Macawiis!

^Aniga far baa ii taagan though, yaa sheekh :D .

It’s a symbol of laziness, and there is nothing great about it. in addition, it mocks my manly style so no more Macawis, I say :D . I just imagine an elderly man struggling to keep his stuff covered against blowing winds. That’s not a pretty scene :D , you know.

Midda kale, how one is supposed to wear this peace of cloth that encourages inactivity and still be productive? It does not fare well in our age, or does it?

Guhaad   

Zu, you almost got me. No, no i never tried one on. well, i have been in many situations where i have been the observant. anyways, if the girls want and demand likewise to wear it at their home, why can't we let them do it?

guys, don't make it all macawis, cuz it might just look like you are chillin with the boyz, so don't forget the feminine tough whatever that that might mean to you. :cool:

CHE   

Not that I have read all the posts,but why not try one of them open-ended Sarong for females.

I am sure u'll find it just as comfy.Maybe lil revealing,but so what especially with pair of legs like that.

Sarong.jpg

Ibtisam   

^^so you have tried wearing a korgard? @Kafaaxiye

in any case i have problems with controlling dirac and korarad at weddings let alone wearing it at home, as for macawis, i hate it on guys, let alone me wearing it. But i don't see anything odd about a women wearing ti, it is just a long skirt, just be careful you don't flash ppl on the street :D

and if you like it why hide it, wear it to the corn shop (it would be a laugh if they were Somali!!, you can take the piss out of them!, yes them!)

Som@li   

A woman wearing GOgarad is absurd,and bizzare as man wearing Diric, Waa kaa xayuubin lahaa hadaan kugu arki lahaa. :mad:

WILDCAT   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

Wildcat, the sarong/kanga far outfoxes the macawiis. Durable and multi-purpose. If I ever come round yours though, lay a fresh macawiis out for me. I'd give it a wrap.

I may just do that to go out in. However, half the fun is seeing people's reactions, brightens up what might otherwise be a dull evening. One has to amuse one's self when indoors behaving well for the nanas.

Easiest way to be contrary, but through the use of a garment, rather than other means. It's a way of controlling my urge to wreak havok and wind people up out of sheer boredom. Macawiis[/b] wearing is in fact an act of selfless kindness and charity on my part. I am baffled as to why I'm not being congratulated and thanked. People are strange folk.

And CHE', that lady has puny ostridge legs and clearly has not used enough diana, remove the offensive pic from my thread at once. You could at least have put up a decent woman possesed of tree-trucks with plenty of fur, I vastly approve of fur, and skin as white as blotchy see through tracing-paper. Far more pleasing, most becoming in any garment.

I say why not, easy access after all, if you think the Dirac was hotty on some gals imagine the macawiis, just one touch and is off ... only when is halal ok.

WILDCAT   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

...Am sure London Boys can object to such
allegations
- Yes - you heard it right...I call it "allegations" with the hope that they [Londoners] will disproof your notion of jelly behinds.

I have heard no objections so far. ;)

Aside from that, we need a proof that you look good in it..otherwise we have to assume you will look odder than a somali fella with a 'leso'.

I shall consider this. I would have to suitably diguise myself or blur my face to avoid being lynched in the streets by offended jelly boys. :eek:

WILDCAT   

Originally posted by Digaale:

Isnt there like a law against cross dressing?

If there isnt' there should be one, cuz i dont want to see any xaliimo with a macawiis!

kabish

It should be banned from the jelly-boys who bring a very nice item into disrepute.

I'd bet if I poked ya', you'd wobble for weeks. smile.gif

Guhaad   

Ibtisam: ^^so you have tried wearing a korgard? @Kafaaxiye

Nope. sister. You don't want to know any farther than that i hope. but i think you should try Macawis sometime, maybe, you will like it. :D

Mowgli   

*raises hand* Wild Cat never fear...you aren't alone, I own macawiis too :cool: but as ayeeyo already thinks there isn't any hope for me, i thought it best not to subject her to the sight of moi in macawiis

I used to think kilts were cool, however the price tag soon made me change my mind