Sign in to follow this  
Nur

In His Memory!

Nur   

Time To Examine Our politicians Motives

Nurtel Presents

The Living Memory of Cag Bakayle

( From Nurtel Archives)

It was 15 years today that Cag Bakayle, my brother, the fallen hero of Reer Qurac had given his life defending our goats, camels and our prestige. His life was not in vain, today at Qurac Dheer we have more goats to export to Dubai to buy sugar and to Qat for our men. Cag bakayle was a man of bravery, he did not care about death, he did not care about anything, for him his tribe's dignity and goats was everything.

Unfortunately today many people of Reer Qurac who have moved overseas do not appreciate his valor which earned them the respect of Reer Qansax, our arch enemies who have stolen our goats and camels.

When Cag Bakayle was twelve years old, he made sure that no camels or goats of reer Qansax can drink in the common water hole in the village, which made Reer Qansax furious.

Cag Bakayle ferociously wrestled with three Reer Qansax youths to the ground and kept them pinned down up until adults broke the fight and called for Tribal council.

Ever since, Cag Bakayle was known as the fearless kid, he never prayed a day in his life, he stole more than 100 camels and 300 goats from different tribes to enrich his tribe, his record can not be matched with anyone after or before him.

As we stand at this memorial of this great waranle of the Reer Qansax, it is important that we look back with awe and learn from this great leader. Here is a man who lived and died for his tribes dignity, and nothing else, he despised anyone who can not fight, including women and the wadaads.

Cag Bakayle never listened to a woman, including his mother, neither did he listen to a wadaad. But he enjoyed the company of the elder tribesmen who inflamed his anger and enmity at Rer Qansax fueling him with more and more hatred to the point that one day Cag Bakayle took of angrily to hunt the head of a Reer Qansax man whose great grand father killed his great grand father, Cag Bakayle only slept after he shot that man dead while the victims kids looked on, later the Reer Qansax attacked our village and killed 7 men and torched our huts with fire, leaving many women and kids homeless.

Cag Bakayle, never forgot the scene of his dead family and he vowed to take revenge in the years to come.

Cag Bakayle was indeed a hero, like we say in Somali, he was " Nin Dhiig Leh" his memory will be with us forever.

Cag Biciid( Delegate of Reer Qurac at the Peace Conference)

Nairobi, Kenya

Nurtel Social Engineering Labs

We Attack Problems, Not People

-------------------------------------------------

Nur is a regular writer at the Islam Page of Somaliaonline

Baashi   

Creativity and Focus is what comes to mind when one reads ur posts Nur. Keep it up sage...i got the sublimal message there...awesome!

By the way, ever thought of contributing to a Somali Magazine? I've helped found E-Magazine on Somalinet (Somalinet Magazine). It worked only one year and then dissappeared it...I think I know why!

Nur   

Baashi Bro.

I would appreciate if you could launch an e-magazine titled " The Anarchist ", I'd be very glad to contribute more subliminal messages to help cure many social ailments with wisdom and patience. Let me know when you launch the long awaited " The Anarchist ", magazine, I predict a wide circulation in the e- world.

Nur

Baashi   

Nur,

How about if we make this as group effort and have u lead the way in realizing this dream of yours to reach a "critical" mass so your noble cause can be heard.

Plz join me in appealing SOL owners publicly(remember this is their backyard) to allow us bring new ideas to this blessed site of theirs. I would let you do the talking :D I will be mobolizing the talented nomads who congregate here into this direction.

It can be done!

Deeq A.   

Baashi and Nur, we are always open for ideas.

One of the adminstrators acually brought this up two days ago. We will provide the platform for any such useful content.

Please private "admin" so that we can discuss this in detail.

Assl All Wr Wb

This place definitely needs something to enrich its content and take it beyond the 'forum-for-posts' site, to more brain stimulating, rich in content site that reflects the diversity and the intellect of young somalis around the globe.

Bashi and Nur, I knew i could always trust you two the fronting of any new movement, positive, that is.

Salaam.

P.S. Nur, why Anarchist, as a title? How about leaving it as 'Nomad'. Just a thought.

Nur   

Bro. Geel Jire

you ask

" P.S. Nur, why Anarchist, as a title? How about leaving it as 'Nomad'. Just a thought."

So that our most important problem is put on the front burner.

Nur

Coloow   

Nuur LOL.

Cagabakeyle kicked the basket but his legacy has fuelled a new brand of waranles. The latest news from the reer qurac is that they have appointed "boqoldile" as their leader. Boqoldile was born in the small village of afbarwaaqo where according to legend, he was addressed as Najis, Doodfaar and Libaax.

four decades ago, the young boqoldile who was by then known as "shalaboow" was arraigned infront of the elders of the reer qurac. As the norm was, he was asked to swear on the kitabka jaamaca that he did not commit the crime. On seeing the size of the kitaab, young shalabow was quoted as saying "kitaabkaan wuu yaryahaye ee bal mid weyn ii keena".On uttering these words, his peers were heard saying "Libaax, walee waa najis, waa doofaar etc".

Since then young shalabow embarked on a process of taking the leadership of the reer qurac. when Cagabakeyle died 15 years ago, Shalabow took the leadership helm. He got more NAJIS; DOOFAR and Libaax and bahal votes than the other contestants (lamagoodle, reer koraad, reer baadiye ).

During his first year tenure, he devised a plan to wipe out the qurac's competitor, the reer qansax. A few months after the death of Cagabakeyle, the reer qansax had also lost their chief, "Jaalle Jaahil" who was responsible for the holocoust on reer garas (a peace loving society) that adhered to faqi buraalism ideology.

The knowledge spillover of Jaalle Jaahil's and boqoldile in terms of death by qabilism has not only spread to the reer garas who are mainly farmers but have also been echoed among the reer garamgaram.

to be continued

Nur   

Shifta Bro.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

You are a natural indeed, you are officially inducted to the e-Nuri writers guild, your thoughts are awsome,descriptive, subliminal and provocative, thinking out of the box is the only way to see what is in the boxed up minds of Cag Bakayle and company's way of reasoning.

The highest recognition and praise showered on Cagbakayle like you said, that he was " Najis Najis Dhaly, and Awoowgii La Gub" Geesi ah, oon il libiqsan, oo dhiig cab ah, what a great heritage is ours? and how brilliant are we folowing the footsteps of our forefathers?

I really like that piece bro. more please,

Nur

Coloow   

Assalamu calaykum,

Baashi iyo Nuur

I would be more than willing to contribute to this thread. Insha allah, I am going to tell you more about the life stories of Cagabakeyle, shalabow and Jaahil when I come back from a journey to africa.

Nabadgelyo

Baashi   

Shifta,

Safar salaamo bro. If you would, plz send us report about the life in SA.

As to the satirical pieces, Bro Nur will fill the void and will keep us enlightened about the H.E. Najis Boqoldille, the undisputed leader of reer Qurac.

I will weigh in the new "warasada" of reer Qansax who are so pacifist they were nick-named "cid uma joogayaal" who had never spilled milk from "habar" thus "weligiis habar caano kama daadin".

Illaaheey ha ku soo nabad uruuriyo.

Coloow   

Assalamu calaykum,

On behalf of Captain X, welcome on board KLM flight 521 from Amsterdam to Johannesburg. The local departure time is 10 am and the flight time to Johannesburg is expected to be just over 11 hours.

" A long flight" I whispered to my two colleges. But sheer up we are going to Africa, the best continent on earth! I was shivering. I never liked flying- not because I am Cali Mardhoof but because I had earlier read about the risks long flights pose to passengers.

“Is this your first trip to Africa?” I asked my fellow colleges. Yes, this is our first time and from what we gather Africa is a beautiful continent; lots of exotic animals, but it is also a continent that is going through hardships.

“True”, but I think Africa is more than animals, dictators, Aids etc. Africa posses all the hallmarks of development. There is of course inequality, injustice, thugs, civil wars and for that matter animals but the mass media portrayal of Africa is not true. You see A and C, in the western media, we only see how Africans die and not the way they live. Hopefully, this trip would change your mind”!

My two colleges started nodding, while I was reciting Fatixa. Allow ceebteena astur. May we see another Africa than the one I saw three years ago in Kenya. You see I went to Kenya on a Swedish passport and the madax korankor were all over me when they discovered MOGADISHU as my place of birth. No, no, I was not born In Mogadishu laakin waa isku dhiibay. Little did they know (the madax canbuulo) that I was from garamgaram nation in that place that was stolen by the Kakuyus and their brethren. I was released on bail (oops paid bribes not to hamper my visit- my hooyo was expecting me and at any price, nothing would stop me! I came to Mandera having taken Gantaal bus from Eastleigh.

When I was in Mandera, I went to Beledxaawo (Buulo xaawo) several times and felt like a Somali, not the garamgaram I was. It was a booming town with some kind of governance. When I was leaving mandera on a chattered qaad plane, I was stopped at the airport and asked, “did you go to Buulo xaawo?” Yes, I did (with some pride). The immigration officer retorted: In that case, you are hereby arrested for violating visa regulations! Buulo xaawo is in another country (Somalia) and according to your visa; you should seek another extension if you visit another country.

I was about to explode “kuma mama yako!” Nacalatulaahi calayk! I am a bonafide shifta- this is my country. Buulo xaawo anaa iska leh, NFD-na anigaa iska leh! This is not madaxkorankor land. This is my beautiful mandera! But I hesitated. Had I said, I was born in NFD, they could extend their accusations to include Treason. I was after all wanted for treason- that is the crime shiftas are accused of!

Anyway, I bribed my way, came to Nairobi with a lot of blessings (the garamgaram nation are good at invoking duca on her citizens not to mention the many gashaantos who you are encouraged to marry). At Jomo Kenyatta airport, the garamgaram police found some “illegal substance” in my hand luggage (My mom made sure that I had enough ODKAC!) Hooyoy la’aanta, hooyadu waa lama huraan.

Waan is xariifiyey! After all I was leaving Madax korankorland to my new gaaloland, Sweden. The three police officers started conversing in the kiswahili language. I couldn’t resist- sheydhaan ayaa I maray! No sooner did I utter the words, mzee mimi apana mlendo! Sina mgendo. I found myself handcuffed and charged! At the end of wto hours of interrogation, I succeeded paying 200 dollars in bribes and declared persona non grata! I was banned from entering Kenya for 5 years!

Anyway, that was 4 years ago.

On the flight to south Africa, I was praying. Eebow ceebta afrika astur! Illaahow sida kenya hakadhigin. Ilaahow gaaladda hanoo jabinin etc.

At 23 000 hrs, local time, we landed at JIA! Finally, the moment of truth! My own litmus test. To my surprise, the immigration officials did not utter a word. I even tried in aan la kaftamo- nada. They won’t budge from their self-imposed silence! Three months visa for this dude! You see, things are smooth in Africa. We spent the night in city lodge- one of the best hotels that I have ever seen. The next day- Durban- kwazulu natal. Chief Munguthuzu Buthlezi’s empire. The land of the great shaka Zulu, where we booked a hotel on the beach! Very fine hotel but the owners gave us a warning “don’t go alone- don’t ever go to the hawkers market!, Don’t ever gone to the harbour area- too many Nigerians!

The university of Kwazulu Natal in Petermerizburg was a dazzling university! It is located on a hilltop, very picturesque! Too many students in a modern milieu. I went to the university mosque, with the hope that I would see some Somalis- Although a zulu lecturer who loves afro centrism did tell me there are a number of Somali students, I did not find them.

One afternoon while taking a walk on the beach (dabaal ma aqaani anigu), I heard the words “wariyaa!”. I was in SA for 10 days and this was the first time I heard the code word, wariyaa! Waan sii jeestay- a Somali looking figure was approaching me! War haye akhi, Ii waran? Ragga maxuu sheegay?,

Nabad walaaalkeey, he answered!

Ma intaad degantahay saaxib?

Haa saaxiboow, intuu buufiska ii kenay!

Sxb, aniga shaqo ayaan u imid laakin sweden ayaan deganayahay- ma somali badan ayaa degan?

Johannesburg iyo Cape town ayaay ku badanyihiin laakin inta xoogaa ayaa degan.

Adiga maxaad meeshaan ka qabataa?

Garaash ayaan leeyahay, naagtaasi Hindida ee meeshaas fadhisana waan aroosay oo sharci ayaan ku qaadan rabaa, si aan u aado Yurub!

Yurub? sxb, Yurub anaa degan, meel loo haajiro ma aha!

Abdi: sxb, aniga waxaan ahay reer xamar, miskiin ah adiga ma reer waqooyi ayaad tahay?

Shifta: maya sxb, waxaan ahay reer garamgaram- waxaan ka ahay sijui! laakin somaliya oo idil waan tagay ilaa zeylac, kismayo, bender qaasim , af barwaaqo, beerlula carligeedi, berberbera qabrigii cilmi boodhari!

Abdi, maya sxb anaga waxaan nahay reer xamar masaakiin ah, adiga laakin afkaaga lamagoodle aa lagu moodaa!

Shifta; sxb, aniga widaayowna waan aqaanaa, bish doonte, akamjirta iska daa, naw-dana waan gashtaa- doofaar, doofar dhalay, najis, eeebow etc iskaba daa. waxaan ahay qaxooti rasmi ah. Adigu 1990; ayaad qaxooti noqotay, anigu se qaxootinamadu waan ku dhashtay!

Abdi, maya widaayow, xumaan ha u qaadanin, waxaan ku moodaayey reer waqooyi- oo waxaan islahaa wadan ayaad leedahay!

Shifta: sxb reer garamgaram meel waliba waa laga soo dhoweeyaa: somaliland, puntland, hiiranland, naarkacyo, banaadir, jubooyinka, bay iyo bakool. Gedo iskaba daa waxbaan wadagnaa!

Abdi, sxb qof baasaboor gadaayo ma taqaanaa?

Shifta: bro, carli gaaleed 16 sanno ayaan deganahay , wax loo hiloobo ma aha! Ee meeshaaada rabi ku sug!

Abdi: walaalkeey adigaba waad joogtaa ee aniga maxaad iigu diidi?

Shifta: aniga haddaan rabaa inaan somaliya ku laabto (bal waan arkayaa haddii laiga qaabilaayo somaliland, puntland iyo Landerna kale ee soo baxay).

Abdi, saas miyaa?

Shifta : haa sxb

While talking with Abdi on Somali issues, my two colleges join us and I introduced my countryman Abdi to them. The language of discussion becomes the English language.

After 20 minutes, I ask Abdi whether he has access to the Internet, so that he could get an indepth view of the western world as regards the somali situation....

No, I don't have...

I wanted to hell him about the many somali websites that came out of the blue...wanted to tell him that the somali websites have replaced tribalism at baar lugabaxsi... I wanted to tell him that on somali websites, people tend to communicate like two indian cajuusos...

to be continued

Nur   

Caaqil

Time to reflect back on our great heroes, men who boost our tribal prestige, men who congregate in Nairobi to work diligently for their tribes interest, men who make peace in Nairobi as a breathing time tactic for the next wave of violence, great politicians indeed.

Cag bakayle

Signing off