Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Somalia: Puntland court sentences former governor-Progress?

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Yes, only six months and I guess the actual killers will face no justice either. I guess it is symbolism that matters not ( men in power being prosecuted) that would make difference to the victim's family.

The actual killers have been sentenced to death and those who supported them to long prison terms in absentee. Geesay was charged with negligence and gross dereliction of duty, which got him 6 months.

It is progress ya Che. ;)

Wacaal Daray ah :::

2 dambiile oo lagu eedeeyey dilka Warsame C. Shirwac oo toogasho lagu xukumay; 3-na xabsi daa'im.

[Dhegaysi ...]

Galkacyo, Oct 13 - Geesey, guddoomiyihii hore ee gobolka Mudug oo 6 bilood oo xarig ah lagu xukumay ...

... [...]

audio

Originally posted by ThankfulSP:

Answer my question please. What past immunity was there that the accused parliament rapist lost?

Unless you read something else, it says the first time, which I understood means nothing like it happened before. Report didn't say there were other MPs or Governors that got away with crime, in PREVIOUS administrations, or did you read it that way?

Why does this news portal agitates you every time they report something about PL. Take it easy dude, this is after all a Somali news portal.

Thankful   

Currently, there is a Puntland MP jailed in Bossaso awaiting trail for a rape case, making it the first time a Puntland lawmaker was jailed and
lost his immunity.

Ok Mr.Ghelle T, you still haven't answered my question, it is saying that it is FIRST TIME a puntland lawmaker was put in jail and lost his IMMUNITY. Now I am saying, what immunity did law makers have? They have ALWAYS fell under the same laws as everyone else and if they break it, they must face the courts. Garoweonline are lying about this and trying to take advantage of such a tragic situation.

All I want to know is about this Immunity business. They are saying a Puntland Lawmaker lost his immunity, what immunity!!!!! So there are certain crimes they don't get punished and are immune to?

bilan   

Immunity because he was Member of Parliament, the way I understood is that, this is the first time a member of parliament committed a crime. probably you are reading this the wrong way.

Thankful   

GD Fair enough! If you look at Puntlandgovt.com english section, it hasn't been updated since January! The new Puntland Government website is Garoweonline which we all know is run by the president sons. Garoweonline is more concerned with President Faroole image then Puntlands image. By writing stuff like our lawmakers have immunity over the law and that this particular one lost his really hurts the state. It makes it look like we are lawless.....when we are not!

ThankfulSP, maybe you are looking things with different lenses. But carry on bro, it's all about the Faroole's son and anything reported by that website is somehow an attack on Adde's admin, in your eyes.

Thankful   

You're the one that mentioned Cadde not me.

I might be looking at it with different lenses, but you are blind to the facts! Ina Faroole are trying to take credit for arresting someone and are saying that in the past immunity would have protected him, their fathers government is different! You can try and rationalize what they said. And make me seem like i'm the one that is not understanding it.

But like I said, you are avoiding my question. What freakin immunity did lawmakers have that this guy lost??? So there is some immunity clause that lawmakers have in Puntland?...i'd like to know what it is!!!! What is Farooleonline talking about when they say lawmakers have immunity.

^^^

Firstly, Thankful, of what benefit is it to Ina Faroole to 'take credit' for the punishment of this crime? I mean... what in your mind will Ina Faroole achieve from all of this??

Secondly, I personally don't think the former governor will serve a single day of that sentence. This is simple showboating on the part of the Faroole administration, trying to make it seem that they are actually doing something worthwhile.

p.s

Thankful, where you once upon a time a shareholder of garoweonline and did Ina Faroole hoodwink your rightful share of the mediocre news site?

Thankful   

What Benefits is it to ina faroole? Is that a serious question? So it makes his father look good!

puntland2009.png

Last time i'll say it, the presidents website said that this lawmaker lost his immunity and that "it was the first time a lawmaker was arrested and lost his immunity", this is very concerning to me. I want to know, what immunity did parliament member accused of rape have, that he lost. Immunity from what? I've answered your questions, now before you ask me another one, just answer that, what immunity is the Faroole's kids talking about.

^^

I don't know and quite frankly I don't give a rat's a$$. However, it is very sad, that your emotional constitution is so shockingly violated by the likes of Ina Faroole over nothing whatsoever.

Thankful   

So it doesn't concern you as a Puntlander that the presidents son's website said that a parliament member lost his "immunity?" If it doesn't bother you, it does bother me. I didn't realize our judicial system was unable to go after lawmakers for certain crimes.

What is quite sad is your childish and immature insults that you spew to people on this site when they corner you.