Sign in to follow this  
FatB

left wing vs right wing

FatB   

wat does it mean if someone calls themselvs a left wing activist? comared to that of a right wing activist?

is the rebublican party of the us a right wing or left wing party?

who are neoconservitives???

please assume that i do not know anything about politics for right now am a extreamly confused!

It means you are an activist for the democrat party. The leftwing is the Democrats and liberals and the rightwing is the conservatives and republicans. So the Republican Party is the right wing. Neocons are a political group, which are conservative republicans. The organizers were liberals and democrats who became more conservative in their views. Democrats are mostly referred to as liberals because they favor individual freedom, to some extend free market, representative democracy, private property rights, social welfare, ect,

Democrats are the ones which are mostly against teaching religion in schools, while the republicans who are more conservative want religion to be taught at school. Liberals are pro-abortion while conservatives are anti-abortion. Liberals are pro-welfare, while conservatives are anti-welfare. Liberals are pro-gay marriage, while conservatives are anti-gay marriage, conservative are pro-gun ownership, while the liberals are anti-gun-ownership, the list goes on, and the conservatives are fairly strict with cultural values and morals.

You will have to start attending political classes, it becomes interesting. There are too many political parties, which have different names but at the end of the day most of them are associated with each other. Don't let them trick you :D

Taliban   

I'll add this:

When it comes to foreign policy regarding Muslims or Muslim countries, there's no difference between the two.

Galbeedka seemingly has a monopoly when it comes defining what one belongs to.

Ever heard or seen Bush called a militant, radical, fundamentalist, ultra-..., etc? Heck, I never ever read or saw in the mainstream media a labelling Bush 'conservative president.' Iskaba dhaaf rightwing. Some few brave souls on the net call him, rarely, a neoconservative [neocon], which his cohorts seem to enjoy this description.

No, it never happens, though his actions are militant, Christofascist, fundamentalist and radical. They even call his regime 'adminstration,' which I can understand it is an American tradition to call whoever fills White House '[name] adminstration;' however Bushists in Aqalkacad behave like a true regime, thus do not deserve an adminstration title that his predecessors enjoyed.

But the Iiraani president is usually labelled 'militant' and 'radical.' Xamaas as whole, including its leadership, too. I can undertand if one labels Xamaas 'militant,' because they are an armed group.

It, however, seems Muslims have a particular terms set by Westerners: Radical, fundamentalist, militant ... you get the picture? Iyagana leftwing iyo rightwing ayee iskugu wacaan, obviously less loading words.

FatB   

so if the Republicans are conservative christens why was it that they abolished slavery rather than the democrats who are for individual freedoms?

holly smoke! i would say, try going to college and learn a lil bit...back then Rep/party, was different then what u see today!! they were the pro country party, so they were against slavery... u dig. without knowing history, u be like another tumbling weed..!

Actually, both parties are the same! unless u watch tv and get brain-wash that they have diffs.

how can say its democratic process and only 2 parties... whats wrong with that pic???

u tell me!