Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

They are here to Stay

Somalia: Ethiopian foreign minister says troops will stay in Somalia

Aweys Osman Yusuf

Mogadishu 29, May.07 ( Sh.M.Network) Ethiopian foreign minister, Seum Mesfin, revealed that the thousands of Ethiopian military forces backing the tenuous Somali transitional government would not be withdrawn immediately, saying they rescued the Somali population from Islamic hardliners. LoooooooooooL

He made the remarks following his arrival in Mogadishu in early this week while he witnessed the resetting up of Ethiopian embassy in the war-torn country.

“Many Somali officials, civil society members and tribal elders asked that we should not leave Somalia while it is still vulnerable and we are determined to make sure that Islamists do not come back and traumatize the population,” he said.

The Ethiopian embassy was reopened closer the president’s compound where security is heavily fortified. Prime minister, Gedi, said Ethiopia sacrificed to save Somalia and enable the Somalis to have an affective central government since the ouster of former president, Siad Barre, in 1991.

Mesfin said he would prefer that Ethiopia should not be seen as an occupant force but force that saved the Horn of African nation from the hard-handed of the radical Islamists.

He reiterated that Ethiopian troops would not be pulled out of Somalia until both Somali and Ethiopian forces make sure that their military operations against the routed Union of Islamic Courts and international terrorists in the country did not end in failure.

“We need to be certain that such Islamic elements will not disturb either the Somali government or the Somalia population,” he said.

Shabelle Media Network Somalia

E-mail us: info@shabelle.net

Castro   

Tell this to the seemingly grown men on this site and elsewhere who keep parading the same old shameless lies that this not an occupation but an invitation.

Uff!

Jacpher   

“Many Somali officials, civil society members and tribal elders asked that we should not leave Somalia while it is still vulnerable and we are determined to make sure that Islamists do not come back and traumatize the population”

“We need to be certain that such Islamic elements will not disturb either the Somali government or the Somalia population,” he said.

Determine and certain to mass murder whoever gets in the way including women & children to carry out Ethiopian's interest in the Horn.

Gabbal   

Well what is done is done and there is no going back in time. At this moment, if the Ethiopians were to leave, a power vacuum of immense proportions would occur. I am sorry those of us in the comforts of our homes in the Western World are so eager for that vacuum to ensue but I cannot in all honesty say the same for our war-weary and malnourished people back home.

I think the majority of poster here are cyber fakes. Stop drumming for a war and/or battles you are not likely to see!

Castro   

Originally posted by N/AA:

At this moment, if the Ethiopians were to leave, a power vacuum of immense proportions would occur.

The withdrawal of American troops from Iraq would embolden the jihadists, who would then take advantage of the power vacuum to promote Islamic rule similar to that of the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Have you been reading the American Chronicle N/AA?

Gabbal   

No I have not, but all those who use caqligoodu saliimka ahi will come to the same conclusion. Perhaps it is time some of us around here started using it?

Note, however, I am not against anyone describing what is going on as an occupation following an invasion but the same instance the situation is much more complicated then we are just occupied and the occupation needs to end. What then after the end of the occupation?

Well what is done is done and there is no going back in time. At this moment, if the Ethiopians were to leave, a power vacuum of immense proportions would occur. I am sorry those of us in the comforts of our homes in the Western World are so eager for that vacuum to ensue but I cannot in all honesty say the same for our war-weary and malnourished people back home.

I think the majority of poster here are cyber fakes. Stop drumming for a war and/or battles you are not likely to see!

There Goes the Neighborhood..

Dear Sh.Shareef, Please respond to the weak & the faithless..

Oh,wait I think i hear something from the good sheikh....

Interviewer: What is your current vision for a solution? With whom would you like to engage in negotiations?

Sh. Sharif:

1. Withdrawing the Ethiopian troops from Somalia.

2. Holding a reconciliation conference in a neutral country and inviting all concerned parties to take part in this conference.

3. Ensuring international support for this conference and respecting its recommendations.

Interviewer: Did you receive any foreign support during the last periods of the conflict? Is it true that you received support from Eritrea?

Sh. Sharif: These are nothing but lies. We did not receive any foreign support. Our only support was our people's solidarity.

Interviewer: The governments plan or the proposals for negotiations or reconciliation, do they contain any points you agree on?

Sh. Sharif: This is not a reconciliation that we could accept. For us, this is not reconciliation, but rather infighting incited by the government.

Interview: Incase you refuse this proposal and the others reject your own conditions, how will the future be like? What are the prospects? Is it more infighting?

Sh. Sharif: Frankly, we have always been seeking peace and we are continuing to do so. However, we cannot agree on something that will not bear any results. Those setting arbitrary dates for reconciliation are not being realistic.

Interviewer: The way the current war is being fought; will it lead to the fallout of the present government and the withdrawal of the Ethiopians?

Sh. Sharif: I have no doubt about it. I'm confident that they will be able to drive out the invading Ethiopian troops out of Somalia

Pujah   

2. Holding a reconciliation conference in a neutral country and inviting all concerned parties to take part in this conference.

3. Ensuring international support for this conference and respecting its recommendations.

Isn't this how the TFG was created smile.gif

Castro   

No I have not, but all those who use caqligoodu saliimka ahi will come to the same conclusion. Perhaps it is time some of around here started using it?

I understand where you're coming from saaxib but you have to remember that the argument of "power vacuum" is the classic one used by occupiers to justify their occupation. Also, the only ones who actually benefit from the occupation, in this case Ethiopia and the TFG, would be the ones to use such an argument which can easily be debunked. No one really knows what will happen once the Ethiopian occupation ends but Somalis will be no worse off than they were before it began. At least there's no compelling evidence that they would be any worse off.

Fabregas   

That is the same excuse they use in Iraq. Ohh if the Americans leave Iraqi will descend into chaos. As if it hasn't already descended into chaos. The people who want them stay are the people who won't feel safe if they leave.

Originally posted by Puuja:

quote:

Isn't this how the TFG was created
smile.gif
Correct.

Here is what the Sheikh said.

The warlords were also an obstacle. They established a huge anti-government coalition and were able to overthrow it. They then planned for the Nairobi conference that led to the creation of the present government. This government was created to satisfy the desires of the Ethiopian government and its terrible plans for Somalia. Apparently this government was fighting our traditions and customs - Islam and Muslims in general. Each candidate used to have his program and he had to say explicitly that he would fight Islam and the Muslims. Abduallhi Yusuf was one of the first of them

Does that answer your query yaa Pujah? smile.gif

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brown:

Dear Sh.Shareef, Please respond to the weak & the faithless..

Oh stop it right there sxb. It is ridiculous how some of us have become ehlu-diiniyan over night and the rest of us are mujirms. War yaad ka Muslimsantahay? Adiguse yaa hubo waxaad samaysid iyo meeshaad u socotid? If we are going by stereotypes then Faraxow, based on your own contributions to this site, you strike me as a very secular sort of fella hardly a muqaawama, if we are to take a page out of Kashafa's book. Marka adeer meesha waxaa ka socoto isma oge islaan dhaan.

Sheikh Sharif, alle danbigiisa ha cafiyo, nin xushmad badane wuu yahay waxna oran maayo lakin anigu waa ii kow jihaad la iclaamiyoo laga tagay.

So Farax, the supposed moral superiority might work on others but not with I sxb. Ishaan kaa eegi, anigana ishaan doonayaa in layga eego.

Now, fadlan address the topic at hand sxb!

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Geel_Jire12:

quote:Originally posted by N/AA:

That is the same excuse they use in Iraq. Ohh if the Americans leave Iraqi will descend into chaos. As if it hasn't already descended into chaos. The people who want them stay are the people who won't feel safe if they leave.
Well if the Americans do leave quite likely Iraq will be come more of a disaster then it already is. It is much more then likely we will probably see an ethnic cleansing of the Sunnis. Now at this point of time it is not relevant whether it is the U.S who started everything by invading, or even privately stoked tensions between the groups, but it is very apparent outcome that civil war will in Iraq and tremendous amount of innocent civilians will be caught in the crossfire.

It is as if everyone around here has become dense cynics. War caqligiinu isticmaala alle caqli inawada siiyaye!

Castro   

Well if the Americans do leave quit likely Iraq will be come more of a disaster then it already is and will probably see an ethnic cleansing of the Sunnis.

N/AA, aside from the Fox News talking point, what evidence, argument or even similar historical precedence do you have that a power vacuum left after Ethiopians leave would be detrimental to the population?