Sign in to follow this  
nuune

It looks like 1990/1991 war, who is responsible of what is going on?!!

J.Lee   

^^^Isku Xishood.

Originally posted by sky.african:

thats why i dont understand why ppl still respect afweyne. the daanyeer died in a nigerian toilet.

Sky, I can't blame you for you're just a product of your environment and as the saying goes; hate breeds hate laakiinse maandhow have respect, regardless of your feelings or opinion, for the dead.

Lander, if I may be bold enough as to enquire, how do you differ from the ones you prod for portentous balefulness and insensitivity since you yourself come across as if suffering from the same syndrome by only noting own anguish whilst dismissively obscuring others’.

You see my dear lad, Somalia’s problems started well before 1988. And even before 1978 as BN noted. One would argue the national unrest, the decomposition of social and state machinery that precipitated the clan war in modern Somalia began well before 1969. Prior to the 1977 war, the civil strife mostly remained political and was predominantly fought through the democratic process with the creation of impromptu, spin-off political parties, despite isolated, thwarted revolts in some pockets. With that brewing in its midst primarily amongst its senior military officers, the junta began rotting at the roots whilst all the while loosing its grip, maturing rather swiftly with the honeymoon period coming rather rapidly to end. The opposition got stronger, more influential, and the need for a resolution had gotten more acute. The general public that had embraced the entrance of the military regime as a replacement for the corrupt civil government that preceded it lost esteem and interest in the new leadership as a result of its failure to make any of its promises good. This animated a rather docile opposition. It also pushed the now frantic leadership to hatch a way out. Diversion was required. Then born the big plan: revitalise the nationalist sentiment. But how? Create an enemy. But whom? Somalia’s oldest enemy under the premise of liberating western Somalia “Ogxxxnia†came the answer. Ethiopia then was in political turmoil with the kingdom abolished, a fractured military junta installed, and the country falling apart at the seams. A chance of a life time presented itself. Bingo! Invade Ethiopia! And the rest is history!

Now, all through this, there had been regions in Somalia that remained at odd with the military government – suffered indeed they did perhaps not at the same scale, but no less they did. And to mock the Mogadishu crowd (anyone born and bred in the beloved city) for failing to recall anything beyond the 90s, only to lionise the 88 onslaught whilst trivialising what had come before it, is a travesty in itself, one which no right-thinking persons could excuse.

The moral of this all: Embrace thy neighbour’s angst, should analogous is to be tendered!

Let that be lesson for you dear lad – but then again, perhaps that shall not sit well with you, or shall it?

Later!

LANDER   

Samurai, I see that condescending attitude of yours is alive and well. As usual, you tend to make assumptions all the while missing or ignoring the main points you supposedly wish to respond to. Should I just consider this a little spontaneous rant that was not really addressed to what I posted, perhaps to demonstrate your intricate knowledge of historical/political events? The type of speech one of your grand parents can give you at any given time where they jump from one unrelated topic to another, or am I to take you seriously? Do me a favour, assume what you like but be more concise in your assumptions and as to the reasoning behind those assumptions.

Lander – I am sorry, did I touch a raw nerve old chap. Well, well ...loosing our cool, eh?

“waar ka joog, oo dhallinta qalim guurka ka daa†was the object my old boy, and as rightly noted earlier on that did not sit well with you. rather predictable, would not you say?

The old adage “alamtarna soo daaf†springs to mind as I read your note. My dear lad, if one attempts to correct you from committing historical revisionism and faux pas to further your point, which mind you could be made without, why would you cross the floor in slinging mud at the old (grand parents). It is me, my dear lad with whom you should be crossing the sword not the old pensioners at their retirement.

Perhaps, the caqaar is not quite as handy today, or is it that the market is rather dry, or is it that the state provisions had not reached your pocket yet – either way, dance as you will, but halt you shall.

Another saying goes ....

Oh, well …. I have lost interest …

Night …