Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Sri Lanka : crushes Tamil tigers [model against extremists]?

NinBrown   

What is the purpose of this Liqaye person....say or even 'copy & paste' something instead of attacking individuals....you need substance mate, u ain't more intelligent than anyone here on SOL.

Which part dont u understand; you either agree or disagree with the topic.

I personally dont think there are many similarities between whats happenin in Sri Lank and the situation in Somalia;

1- Sri Lanka has a fully functioning government

2- No Somali army/group would commit the genocide these people have commited against the Tamils.

3-There is no religious aspect to their war.

4- Sri Lanka is not as geopolitically important as the Horn.

5-lastly, too many factions in the somali conflict.

Duufaan   

we do not even agree who extremist are. my list of extremist is just too long and my not likely include Islamic movement.

Thankful   

Mr. Oodweyne, if you consider your constant debating tactic of accusing the other person of not understanding the issue at hand, and then refusing to answer any questions as an engagement, then so be it.

You continuously mention Col. Yeey and Pirate land. I think your obsession with Abdullahi Yusuf is a little concerning, however. All I am trying to show you is that you leader is a man that has tortured and executed people. He is a man that after gaining power refuses to hold elections. My whole argument and the only reason why I mention him is so that you can realize that you are attacking Abdullahi Yusuf constantly when you are in no position to do so.

All in all; if you ever want to understand Somaliland, and her fitful of democratisation process, see to it to look thing, in that larger scope and ask yourself, which entity” in the old Somali peninsula could even attempt to come close what Somaliland is attempting to perfect (even if she is failing as of this moment to hit the bull’s eye, in that endeavour of hers).

That's what you don't understand what Somaliland is attempting is not impressive. For one dominate tribe to break away is rather easy. When you have the opposition and the current vice president members of the this tribe as well. What is more impressive is when a diverse(for somali standards) group tries to form a government and work together(like President Sharifs government), a group that have had issues between the two of them and are willing to try to put them aside, rather then trying to make borders and seperating. So the rest of the "somali-peninsula" is far more impressive to the worlds eyes, which is why the leaders Somalia selects are given presidential treatment by being invited to summits, opening embassies and even promised 250 million in aid and just recently Australia promised more money. The world is more impressed by this then one "group" trying to break away, and don't ever forget that.

After all is said and done, Riyaale was elected to the position and is now unwilling to step down, and with his questionable bloody past, it's obvious why. So, while you always mention Col. Yey and Pirate Land, you hailing from where you hail from are in no position to talk and should focus on your own leader and land.

Liqaye, nin yahow get a grib. Waa run that dukey misspoke but perhaps you misunderstood his question?

From what I have read and understood by this 3 page long thread is that its neither here nor there when it comes to some of your posts. I say this not in defense of Dukey but that reading the headlines of the major news papers does not make any one of you an expert in Sri-Lankan affairs, goodness gracious pple, get a grib and tend to your own affairs.

Besides all that, I feel that Dukey was talking in terms of government action and lack there off and how the government of somalia should take note by committing to this war against the M**ryaanta in similar fashion, nothing more nothing less insiders, ee please give it a rest.

Also, to add to this topic, I feel that even thought the Sri-Lankan war went on longer than our own war, Sharif's government ought to take a note of the major events thats unfolding in the world and seek ways to defeating the global war on terror by studying the various ways the tactics of war have changed over the years and to adopt different strategies.

Todays global war scene is much different from the wars that were fought in past history, especially the two World Wars. Chaos is everywhere and you are either committed to taking the necessary steps to defeating the nabad-diids and dowlad-diids by adjusting according to the rules of engagement, which is much different nowadays and be open to carrying methods that are unconventional and willing to get your hands dirty and always brainstorming various ways of defeating the enemy or he and the rest need to step aside.(so far so good)

They have to think and fight like a muhajid because thats how you defeat a muhajid, one neighbourhood at a time. Most global security experts concur and I hope Sharif thinks small when he is in the warroom with his people.

So far, Sharif has proven that he will not roll over and play dead and he is committed and I think I will continue to support him.

In any case, my advise is for those of you that are looking to flock few feathers to just come out and state your business but hagu marmarsiyooyin waxa uu Dukey soo jeediyay, waa simple

question oo u baan a simple jawaab.

Hanii macaanaato

PS:For heavens sake, we have nuune challenging dukey over Sri-Lankan affairs, hahaha, go figure, nuune, mr I report gossip. A TMZ reporter talking about foreign politics, waa cajiib.

nuune   

^^^ My dear Layzie-Girl, where have u bein, intaa meeshaan ka maqnaa adna ma maqneed, labadeena waa ballansaneen waa ogtahay, shirweyne aa noo yaalo oo albaabada u xiranyihiin smile.gif