Sign in to follow this  
JIDAAWY

Would you marry a religiouse person ?

JIDAAWY   

Living in the West, would you want to marry a religious person?

By 'religious', I mean not only somebody who is observant of the basic acts of worship eg. prayer and fasting. But in addition, somebody who views themselves as 'culturally Muslim'. With a certain dress code, mannerisms, view toward the opposite sex and general outlook on life.

Rahima   

Every muslim - regardless of location - aspires to marry such an individual...don't they?

I believe they do! At least i do, i can't see how anyone would not aspire to marry such a person. Nothing better than a God-fearing individual.

Miriam1   

I c where u are coming from, it would be difficult for a person who was selfconcious..one who would turn red from embarrasment when they walk into the subway, and see people stare or point at their partner.

And its sad life for that person...because to me the most beautiful people are those men and women who wear the religious/traditional clothes.

I dont know but men who wear the thob with a nicely shaped beard have an air of dignity and respect to them...

Peace smile.gif

Haneefah   

Jidaawy...what a lovely nasheeds (or Dhikr), very touchy Masha'Allah (it gave me goosebumps)...where would I be able to get it walal?

As for the question...Definitely! We only dream about meeting such person.

SuNsHyNe   

I'de definately marry someone that is religious, someone that can influence me to be a better person!

After all we are all working for the afterworld.

Khayr   

Salaamz,

K let me present an example to some of you nomads.

Suppose u brothers met a sister and she wore

Niqaab (never shows her face in public, so she veils it) but she has a great personality and

alhamdulillah is a good muslimah.

You talk to her about Marriage and she is willing

and ready but won't take of the Niqaab in Public

after she gets married.

If u suddenly Jump at a YES reply,

then u're fooling u're self.

Try bringing her to your workplace after you get married or anywhere in the public.

You got you pair of jeans and normal shirt

while she goes all out and covers her face too.

Wouldn't you look a little Oppressive?

For the sisters, suppose u wanted to marry a brother and he always wears the Muslim Turban were ever u might go in the public (except maybe to work).

The thing is so big and makes him looks

like Bin Laden. He looks suspect for sure

whenever he is in the public.

To add to this, he is always using a miswak

in the public like there's no tomorrow.

I'd like to know how u would react to these people

and if u would still consider them for

'Marriage'

Fi Amanallah

This is what I think. There are people nowadays that are very observant on the technical part of the deen but not that spiritual aspect. I personally wouldnt not marry someone who will be an "enforcer", if you know what I mean. I don't need another father :rolleyes:

bilan   

salam

i guess that person is the perfect person that we are all looking for, and i doubt they exist these days in this western world.

hukri   

When there's a will there's a way!

Khayr, I've been thinking about what you said about the niqaab and the turban. You see if you really want to marry this person you gotta take it all. I mean okey, I understand it does bring unwanted attention and assumptions but you gotta make a choice. Marry one who's good for you or turn them down because you fear what others will think. Someone once told me that marrying someone for their religious ways (by the way you can't do better!) I think there was some kind of ajar involved, I'm not sure but I'll find out!

And seriously if it is such a big problem in the west, why not move to a islamic country?

I mean if that person would be my perfect match and I could learn things from him, I'd do it!

|Peace|Love|Respect|

JIDAAWY   

fist and foremost i have tremendous respect for those brothers and sisters who are able to ignore society's 'fashions' and opt for Hijaab, niqaab and general Islamic attire. Our prophet PBUH has encouraged us to consider Deen/Piety as a key issue in terms of selection criteria (above say looks, family background and wealth)..

having said that.. I believe that these days outwordly ritualistic displays of religiousness, does not necessarily make one a true believer. True belief comes from the heart. In a Muslim it comes from having the Taqwa or the presence of Allah (SWT) in one's conscience and love of the Creator. Good behavior is a significant part of a Muslim's identity.

I think some Muslim's would argue that a truly pious husband could never be unkind. I don't know what to think of that? Since such a line of thinking could excuse people and allow for much oppression and injustice, in the name of Islam!

Originally posted by Nafisa:

Jidaawy...what a lovely nasheeds (or Dhikr), very touchy Masha'Allah (it gave me goosebumps)...where would I be able to get it walal?

As for the question...Definitely! We only dream about meeting such person.

thats how i feel everytime i listen to this nasheed.. the lyrics are more touching the the vocals.. anyways.. i have found this Nasheed on this website...

http://www.enshad.net

Al-Usaif-back.jpg

the tape is called Al Asaf and you can listen to more Nasheeds of that album by visitng this this site.. http://www.enshad.net/htm/mixes/mixes1/Al-Aseef/