Sign in to follow this  
Jaamac_Bootaan

CIVIL WAR IN SOMALILAND!!!!!!!!! according to Somaliland Media!!!!!

Casualties as supporters of jailed traditional leader revolt in Somaliland

- Thursday, March 04, 2004 at 13:19

Hargeisa (SomalilandNet) - Constituencies of the imprisoned traditional leader Boqor Osman Aw Mohamoud “Burmadow” arrested a few months ago in the Northwest Somalia (self-declared republic of Somalia) clashed with forces loyal to the Somaliland government in Dararweyne, Sanag.

Casualties on both sides were reported. Four deaths and have a dozen injuries on the side of the Somaliland forces with one death on the dissidents are being reported. Further uprising which could in result in clashes in other regions are also reported. The situation is said to be tense with emotions being very high among Boqor Burmadow's supporters, and could easily get out of hands if not contained.

Boqor Burmadow, a peace broker and a highly revered traditional leader in Somalia, Somaliland in particular is remembered for his role in mediating disputing political parties in Puntland State last year.

Accused of divulging state secret and aiding "enemy of the State" according to the Riyaale government, Boqor Burmadow’s residence was raided in the middle of the night subsequent to an interview he had given to one of the local newspapers in Hargeisa. In the interview, Boqor Burmadow discussed reconciliatory and mediation efforts he undertook with the government of Puntland State of Somalia over the issue of the disputed regions of Sool, Ssanag & Ayn on behalf of the Somaliland government. He stated that he only planned to start negotiations with the Puntland government officials after he was assigned to engage the Puntland administration, and with the full knowledge of President Riyaale and his government.

Additionally, Boqor Burmadow asserted that President Riyaale's government had a change of heart in seeking peaceful resolution to the problem after the President's sudden visit to Djibouti last year.

Consequently, police raided his hotel room under armed presence having his room ransacked for evidence and incriminating documents.

An elderly man reportedly with poor healthy condition suffering from high blood pressure among other ailments, Boqor Burmadow is currently held in Hargeisa's main prison where he awaits his destiny at the mercy of Somaliland's rudimentary legal system.

Other traditional leaders from Togdheer and western Sanag regions traveled to Hargeisa late February, but failed to negotiate for his release. It was reported that the government in Hargeisa rejected calls from the traditional leaders to release the Boqor "King" desisting any official meetings with them. Disappointed as this is viewed in clear contrast with traditionally accepted customs, elders returned empty-handed to Togdheer and Sanag last week.

Tension and emotions are said to be very high as news of armed clashes resulting in the death of civilians and government forces reaches other cities and villages. In Hargeisa, the capital as witnessed by our local reporter tension is said to be the highest, and people increasingly disconcerted by the situation are fearful of things to get out of hand.

In El-Afweyn and Erigavo, where the majority of Boqor Burmadow's constituencies are concentrated, preparations for demonstrations calling for his immediate release and armed uprisings are being reported.

Traditional elders, intellectuals, civil society organizations have all condemned the arrest of Boqor Burmadow, and called for his immediate release.

Political parties, Kulmiye in particular which also maintains a significant supporter base in Togdheer and western Sanag have condemned the process and manner in which the imprisonment of Boqor Burmadow had been conducted.

"It is very worrisome, but in all fairness, it took a lot longer than expected" said a local reporter in Hargeisa.

"We felt on the day of his arrest his supporters, mainly from his sub-clan would have taken arms demanding his immediate release. And they have not made any attempts to break into his prison cell and rescue him out either." he added.

We will keep you posted as news reaches our local news desk.

SomalilandNet Newsdesk

[ March 04, 2004, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Libaax-Sankataabte ]

Jamac Botan, that wasn't a very smart move saxib. It would have been nice if you cited the appropriate source for the article instead of changing it. Or maybe you underestimated the intelligence of Somalia Online nomads. No need to change the source of the article saxib. Somalilandnet and Allpuntland are both propaganda machines for the areas they claim to represent and it really makes no difference to us as to which one wrote what.

:confused: :confused:

Jaamac_Bootaan:

Hargeisa (SomalilandNet)

Jaamac, that is very lame one, I may say. :D

Anyways, the level of hatred from Allpuntland.com, is very apparent. It makes a mountain out of a small grain of sand. Amazing! :eek:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm falling off my chair saaxib! just testing your IQ.....and It's pretty good average IQ of SOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I've been caught redhanded

Besides if Somalilanders wrote it, than people think it's more serious than coming from Puntland media.

Gediid   

Any chance this guy broke any of the SOL Golden rules :confused:

Examples:

1 - Qabiil: absolutely no qabiil talk. Not even a mention of any qabiil name. No qabiil discussion of any kind.

"We felt on the day of his arrest his supporters, mainly from his Habar Jeclo sub-clan would have taken arms demanding his immediate release. And they have not made any attempts to break into his prison cell and rescue him out either." he added.

5 - Trolling: don't make posts that are inflammatory just to annoy people.

LANDER   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Somalilandnet and Allpuntland are both propaganda machines for the areas they claim to represent and it really makes no difference to us as to which one wrote what.

:confused: :confused: [/QB]

Libaax,

saxiib in your effort to stay impartial, you overstated the role of Somalilandnet in all this. I have to say the Somalilandnet in honesty doesn't propagate nearly like allPuntland, off course they take the stance of Somaliland sovereignty with its respective borders of june 1960. However, the articles I read on Somalilandnet usually quote sources and usually try to base their articles on actual statements and not fabricated and often blatent and childish lies like those of allPuntland. There is the occasional opinion based article, but even you would have to agree they don't compare to what you might find on the Jerry Springer equivalent of somali news AllPuntland.

Gediid, any chance your nickname is squeeler? Why didn't you send me a PM and give me a chance to edit it.

PS: You call that trolling? People can't take a joke except for Spadez.

Gediid   

^^^^^Another Golden rule broken

7 - Flaming: absolutely no personal attacks (direct or indirect). Criticize ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated in any way. This includes any material which is vulgar, profane, defamatory, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.

Gediid, any chance your nickname is squeeler? Why didn't you send me a PM and give me a chance to edit it.

Now Squeeler was the nick name of one of the pigs in Animal Farm tho I dont quite rememeber what his character was all about but I bet he was a basaas.The word itself means an informer or a basaas which in Somali is derogotary in nature.......Now thats is CAY in every sense of the word........

Now thats not the way to stay around for long on SOL ;)

It's pretty obvious you're trying to get the Puntlanders out of SOL, I'm telling ya "ain't gonna work". Don't expect me to call you saaxib...I like Somalilanders and have a lot of Somaliland friends but you are a real piece of work!

Keep going...what you are doing is not in the rules, but I'm sure snakes are not allowed in SOL. What I did was not to hurt people...squeeler waa CAY kulaha..bisinka!!! I said it in english not Soomaali!!!! finding ways to get rid of me, while I've contributed so many good stuff during my short period.

Gediid, lol walaahi you are too funny. Maba hadhayside. lol Give the guy a break. Besides, don't you know some memebers in this forum have a lee way to piss standing up if they choose. lol You're acting like you're new here. I a casual surfer of this great website noticed this, yet you a member didn't. lol Wakey wakey. lol I mean LST was the first to comment to this, yet he didn't see it. I remember a while back just before I registered Sophist was huffing and puffing about some one indirectly talking about clans, when he himself posted an article which had explicit clan names. His defense, it was satiracal. SOL action, deletion after more than a week. No public warning, no nothing. lol Leave Jaamac Bootan I like him, he's funny besides. At least he didn't call people christian like Bari Nomad, he likes to call us Jews. lol I like that better smile.gif

Gediid   

Mana walaan mise Cadan baa laga hesayaa

what you are doing is not in the rules, but I'm sure snakes are not allowed in SOL.

When you call a person a snake you are saying that person is a worthless treacherous fellow...

Thats now BIG TIME CAY and CAY and CAY.....I just cant define it any other way........

Gediid, lol you know why you are being called a snake and a squeler, becuase you did it in the open. lol follow the rules man. lol blow the whistle. use it, that's what its for. no need to do things publicly. lol man get with the program smile.gif