Sign in to follow this  
rashida

SISTERS AND BROTHERS I NEED YOUR HELP

Oh my god...15 :eek:

Rashida I will do my best to help ya out.

First of all you need to reconise that you aint in Somalia and these kind of stuff shouldnt continue. Try to explain to your dad that you are way too young to even enter a relationship, forget about getting married. How can you look after a family when you havent fully grown yourself? If you have already spoken to your father & he has said no then the only thing left is to Run away.... & Ama not joking about this as others would. Try to find your sister then explain to her what she has done & that you should stay with her.

At this age...My old man wanted me to get married to (To cut a long story short) I explained to him that I was too young, blah, blah, blah, You can image the rest.

Hoped that I helped ya alot. :(

Jamelia   

Dear..Rashida...ur in a tough situation,,,,so this is what i suggest you do....Talk to your father.cus i believe that every problem has a solution....try to make him understand that this is not what u want,,,,and as your father..he should respect your wishes,,,,and if worst comes to worst tell him that he already lost one daughter surely he doesnt want to lose two........mabye giving him an ultumatium. :D:D:D hope

that helped u out a bit.....

Xafsa   

Nafisa, Tamina, Barwaaqo, and modesty all said what I wanted to say.

At the end ,the decison rests with you...Talk to your dad and explain to him why you just can't do it. Pray and Allah will show you a way out of this.

No matter what anybody says...there is no excuse for trying to force a daughter to marry a man she doesn't want...there is no place for it in islam..so macaanto talk to your dad.

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum

Rashida sis you are in difficlt sitaution, I have been in it before. My dad arranged my marriage when I was 16, Even though my dad is the most important person in my life, and would never utter a word of disrespect to him, he had to know I had a life ahead of me. I wasn't willing to get married to someone I didn't know. He understood, and I told him am going to call the guy and tell him I wasn't interested, and that wasn't the end of it. Since then when ever someone asks my dad my hand in marriage he tells them to talk to me in Islamic setting. Sis talking to your dad will be the only way to get out of this situation, inshallah he will understan. Good luck.

My first advice to you is don't run away the same way your old sister did because you will end up a devastating and disaster life. You're too young and you could end up more worst than you expected!

The second thing is: There's a way you can make both yourself, your father, and the dude happy and that is to inform both of them that no matter how long it takes you would like to know him better before marrying him. If you somehow start to like him, then it's up to you to make the final decision. If you don't like him whatso ever, then you have a real case and its reasonings to present to your father and him explaining why you don't him. I believe your father will accept your decision without feeling being liar or shameful!

The third thing is: Since you're 15 years old, tell your father that you're not ready enough to become a wife and you need more time to grow up. If the dude is over 30, that's no no but if he's very young like you, he needs to grow up too and find a girl for himself.

MashaAllah, this forum comes to life-- brothers and sisters pull 2gether to give the best advice possible ---im deffinately coming here with my problems!

sis i see your dilema and i think the above quote from lefty best gives your options, talk to your father, dont run away, get to know the guy for his sake, but dont jump the gun!

15 is a young age, but it depends on how mature you are, it depends on your feelings and views, its not all about age, coss people have kids younger than 15 (illegitimate) and still survive.

khayr walaalo, i aint no Islamic teacher or preacher. and the brother/sister that said a woman cannot be forced is correct, women have rights in Islam, and if the sister says no, the marriage is in valid.

sister,,,,pray the prayer (2 rakaatstikhaara) and pray that Allah makes your desicions and life easier.

may Allah help you sis--Amiiin

Originally posted by rashida:

my dad arranged a marraige for my big sister who just turned 18 and iam 15 years so my sister didn't like this idea so she disappeared and now my dad turned on me he said he promised this guy a girl ,and if he don't get him one he will be lair. to tell you the true, yesterday when he was asking me to he was crying really tears i never sees my dad cry even when my grandfather died.

i hope you dont mind i tampered with yr original post but i really think you should talk to yr dad. and because i dont think hes thinking vey rationally in the situation you presented us (having one daughter run away, and than marry off the other one, not for her sake but because of a promise), maybe you should talk to yr mother or some uncles and aunts, but only the ones he is close to, so you dont alienate him. if yr dead set against this marriage, or even just frightened by it than talk to yr father. and if you feel like yr opinion isnt being heard than talk to yr other adult family members. the only time id say run away is if you were in any physical danger.

Woooooaaahhhhh! :eek: Abbayo I feel you right now. This is the only advice I can give you...FOLLOW YOUR HEART. If you believe marriage ain't your thing then let your father know. Communication is the best way to deal with problems. You gotta talk to your father. Let him know how you feel.

Whatever you do, don't run away.

.:peace n luv:.

young 1, there is no way u can get at 14yrs. please go to one your relatives and explain to them what you dad is doing, cuz it aint right ok! otherwise,please call the police! no man should marry a 15yr ole period.

do it, dont even blink ok!!