Sign in to follow this  
Janna

Why Did You Dump...........

Originally posted by ADNAAN:

Ever heard of something called engagement. It’s a holy union where uget unlimited access to some of the pleasures without much cost…..

humm,,, why buy a cow when you can get a free milk! i like that engagement idea, i should try it too lol

ADNAAN   

My point still stands, gf & bf is an acceptable in both religious and culture terms apart from a little brief and clean relationship when laying the foundations for along term commitment as hibo already mentioned.

Originally posted by Good-Credit:

quote:Originally posted by ADNAAN:

Ever heard of something called engagement. It’s a holy union where uget unlimited access to some of the pleasures without much cost…..

humm,,, why buy a cow when you can get a free milk! i like that engagement idea, i should try it too lol
----------------------------------[EDITED BY ADNAAN]----------------------------

Oh yeah If u want it u can always make it easier 4 yourself and have it the easy way “engagement†;) .

^^ You seem to have changed your tune.

I'm curious, what's the definition of your 'engagement'? How does it differ from marriage? If you're getting everything else from it, why not your cooking also?

ADNAAN   

Phanta sis, I only know of one kind of engagement. The settling down issue (i.e. moving 2gether) is different and is down to those two who got married, whether they are ready or not.

As to my tune, am not really aware of any inconsistencies. (U might be kind enough to point them out)

By the way this is my fiftieth post, do u by any chance know wat difference it might make? smile.gif

Faheema.   

Horta heedhe Somalidu maxay u kala soocdaa Engagement and Marriage? If you’re engaged you are Islamically Married , ama Aqal gal ama kolba koone ku balama. icon_razz.gif

I Say cut the BoolSh!d and get real Biibol :rolleyes:

lol   

^^^ Couldn't agree more walaashiis... Engagement if the meher occured then u r married... so stop sneaking around and take your bride home.. will ya?

Adnan: Am glad u r on the same plateform as I am.. Its time they have restricted this area.. but teh real question remains.. will the guys refrain from it? I mean the only way to restrict it is by sorting of ppl by gender.. and since that can be changed at will my guess is.. guys will be taking on feminine nicks to get access... So it still remains...unsolved.. any ideas?? :D

Haddad   

Originally posted by Cawo:

Horta heedhe Somalidu maxay u kala soocdaa
Engagement
and
Marriage?
If you’re engaged you are
Islamically Married

I believe you got a mixup. Somalis have nikaax and aroos. Nikaax (plus qaddo) is the real thing, while aroos is superficiality which doesn't has to happen. Engagement isn't nikaax. The Somali engagement is more like faataxeen, which is nothing more than a promise.

Janna   

Come on guys! Stop turning this into a conversation! Send one another private messages or something! So far there is probably 5 people that have replied to the topic. The rest is on about who got laid and didn't!

**Must I remind you people!

Pujah   

^ ^ LOL

He was mama's boy :rolleyes:

by the way, being engaged and being married is one and the same when you are somali

If Marraige and engagement are the same so technically you can be engaged to four women at the same time??... hmmm wicked!!!

there you have your answer

Cheers

Som@li   

Hello,good topic,

i know abt Qudba Siraysi,which was common old days,but getting popular thse days.

I left my Ex,cuz AREEBANIMO,

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Haddad:

The Somali
engagement
is more like
faataxeen

Haa, I see…so the “Faataxeen†just makes it Official miyaa? Tell me how this differs from the western term of b/f and g/f if both families know these two are seeing each other before the Nikaax? :confused:

I could just imagine…Hebel iyo Heblaayo baa loo faataxeeyey..o maxaa dhacay…dee way is guursan rabaan :D