Sign in to follow this  
Qudhac

Are you Somalians or somalis?????

Qudhac   

Alot of people from somalia have been constantly been making a big fuss about whether people from somaliland consider themselves somalis or somalilanders.. and i would just like to return the question..

so do you guys consider yourselves somalians or somalis??

this might sound silly but could you give a serious though as to what you consider yourself.

OG_Girl   

Here we go again huh?

Ok as you said your self is silly question.. but I will try my best to give you serious answers :cool:

Somali is Ethnicity.... Somalia is a Country..******ia/SomaliGalbeed/kilinks5/zone5 is a Region under occupation.... Djbouti is a Country...Somaliland wishes to be a country... and NFD is a region under occupation...they are all Somalis...but their nationalities are not the same...because somalis in Somalia are SOmalian....somalis in ******ia are ******ian/SomaliGalbeed..and Somalis in Djabouti are Djiboutians...and those in NFD are...lol Shiftas.. ..and those in Somaliland are Somalis but.. they're landing on the moon …………..lol

Admin...So sorry BUT silly question deserves silly answer :D

Oooh the question was who is better?

They all Somalis dee innit? :confused:

Salam

nuune   

looooool OG_GIRL,

qudhac u know u r somali, so what's the matter with u, r u denying dat or r u Pashtun in someway, in dat case be a Pashtun lool waryaa just kiding yaah but u r somali be proud i know u r from Goljanno and beerihii Xaraf :D:D enjoy dat looooool

ooh i forgot da question, dat wasn't really a question, but in any case the two terms are not the same, the term somalian is not used at all, it is a mistake dat came from the mouths of Landers to mix up and confuse people by saying somalians and somalis, there u have my answer which when i analaysed was equal in weight to ur question

Qudhac   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

Somali is Ethnicity

Thank you very much, now maybe people will stop asking moronic questions like this one constantly.

OG_Girl   

Exactly you should stop long time ago dee

If I know my silly answer for your silly question would make you understand I would stop being serious ;)

Note : Only somali North and South are from Somalia or republic of Somalia, Two are under accupation , and Djibouti did not join the unite after their Independent from France.... hope you will quote me this too.

Salam

Qudhac   

OG

although i thank you for answering me this question, i asked specific people from specific country am sure the question makes that very clear.

Curly   

Sorry I didn’t quiet get the question, are you talking about grammar? Because some people say we’re Somali and other say we’re Somalian.

But obviously Somalian isn’t in the dictionary yet both the west and us choose to refer to us as Somalian. Personally I don’t see it as a big deal because you are what you are regardless of what anyone else says!

Or are you saying that a Somalian is from Somaliland and a Somali is from Somalia. Which is all rather confusing because whether you’re from north or south you’re a Somali or a Somalian. :confused: :confused: (which means exactly the same thing! (You say tamato I say tomato) BIG DEAL!

Like for example people from England have southerners and northerners but they’re all English.

OG_Girl   

Sue, my dear, you are so innocent and pure.

This guy talking about people NOT somali at all.

He thinks when Somaliland get recognition he wont be Somali...OK Qurac I have some suggestion and please pass to your parlement and for sure they will thank me..here my suggestion :

Get other Name other than Somaliland... Like Djibouti have it so they don't have to hear Somali word all the time. Only that case you wont hear any one call you Somalian or somali.

Leave our name alone NO one will force you to be somalian redface.gif

No need to thank me thought smile.gif

Salam

Qudhac   

sue

i have stated that the question was a silly, nevertheless there is was purpose behind it and i was simply trying to make the people who constantly ask whether you somali or somalilander understand that the two have nothing to do with each other.

Somalian basically means someone from somalia and somalilander means someone from somaliland same as jboutiyaan etc etc..

but somali is an ethnicity SINJIYAD not a nationality, you can be from any country in the world but your ethnicity can still be somali.

my post was simply there to show this constant question is silly.

OG girl

i have not asked you to be my spokesperson so please speak for yourself.

and can your quote me when i said

" when somaliland gets recognised. i am not somali"

OG_Girl   

and can your quote me when i said

" when somaliland gets recognised. i am not somali"

Merci Beaucoup, Thank you , Shokran, Mahdsned smile.gif

That is all what I needed to be done inabti :D

Salam

OG_Girl   

Please stop this OLD SONG "All somalis hate us ... they Anti-somaliland"

When this victimhood will end :confused:

I am not from Somali Republic and still you think I am Anti you noble people? redface.gif

Man, hate blind your eyes and mind as well.

Hope all Somalilanders are not poor mentality like you other wise I would say " wa 3ala donya salam)

Salam