Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Breaking news from Hargeisa

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

It is a norman process ...... those politicians should learn and obey the constitution or this is the punishment.

You can't pick and choose when to follow the constitution. Udub never consulted or respected the constitution in the past, why now? Politicians like (Muj. Xashi and lady Adna) tried to serve their country within the constraints of existing political parties as "independent" candidates but Riyaale didn't like their honesty and integrity and sacked them. What is someone like Muj. Xashi supposed to do, retire from politics? We're not talking about the arrests of people who are "enemies of the state and religion", are we? Far from it. The shameful thing about this episode is, while the likes of Dr. Gaboose are been hounded, the leadership of other new party (Badbaado) openly boast of meeting Riyaale. This is unacceptable. Time the smart ones within Udub to stop the rot.

Gabbal   

JB, intriguingly the article you brought writes of the negative impact this has on Somaliland's recognition campaign. Do you still believe the arrests were good political moves?

FUNDS AT RISK

Diplomats say the arrests may put at risk funds which the government hoped to get for local elections due later this year.

"This would obviously jeopardise the democratic process the international community is willing to support," said a Nairobi-based diplomat who declined to be named.

"By doing so, Somaliland is probably jeopardising its efforts to gain recognition for its sovereignty."

I think it is a good move by now. The government is wrong by targetting only Qaran and they should arrest others parties too if they willing to arrest all the new parties.

But Qaran seem to be more active and more influencing ....... others announced the parties and didn't do any activities so far.

We're not talking about retiring from politics but they could join the existing parties and start the process from within. I like M Hashi but only when he is an independent politician pointing the corruption and mismanagement of the government.

I'm sure Qaran would do the same if they are the ruling party. Each time the ruling party has the power order and the rest should respect and follow that. Mucaaradnimo lama diidana laakiin hadii la is maqli waayo then waa in wixii la isku maqlayo la sameeyo.

HA, i don't think it will put the funds at risk since those parties are not registered ,,, it can only delay some supports. I'm sure they will be released soon.

N.O.R.F   

Udub and Riyaale have made a big mistake here. I think this has made many people's mind's up in the coming elections.

Sayid   

Even three party system is a load for a place so small like Somaliland. Kulmiye serves as the resemblance to opposition, the UCID as kind of sidekick role to UDUB's ruling party; what need is there for a fourth? unless for a redundant, maybe a communist one..

Juje   

Originally posted by Sayid:

what need is there for a fourth? unless for a redundant, maybe a communist one..

And what is wrong with a 'communist' party?

AYOUB   

But Qaran seem to be more active and more influencing ....... others announced the parties and didn't do any activities so far. [/QB]

Believe it or not, being influential and active are positive characteristic for a political party.

Like I said before , Mj. Xashi was a member of this administration as an "independent" was sacked for his honesty. How can he be denied to form something that suits his vision?

Sayid   

^^ A Communist may bring an alternative to Somaliland scene, although it collides Somali's traditionally free mindedness.. A party maybe a commie If you see Horumar, Horukac, midnimo slogans.

Xargaga   

iam sure from now henceforth Qaran is going to be more popular and its leaders are going down in history as among prominet political prisoners in this times of Somaliland Political evolution. Belive me Qaran is here to stay and would be strongest opposition party Comes next general Election. GO QARAN!!

Xargaga   

Qofka wax tabanayaa waa inuu shuruucda dalka raacaa, waana inuu garsoorka maraa, xadhiga Qaran wax lala yaabo maaha ee dawlada ayaa cadayn doonta waxa ay u cuskatay xadhigan iyadaana laga sugayaa anaka nooma taalo, cid kastana waa la xidhi karaa Aniga, (Faysal), Siilaanyo (Gudoomiyaha KULMIYE) iyo Madaxweynahaba, isga Madaxweynaha dhawr jeerbaa maamuuska xayuubin lagu soo ogay, Imbiijmankuna (Maamuus ka xayuubintu) waa xadhig oo hadii xilka laga qaado waa la xidhay madaxweynaha markaa ma aha wax lala yaabo xadhigu" sidaa ayuu yidhi Faysal Cali Waraabe.

:D:D

Just look at what this comical faysal is saying in the wake of such heinous act by the Riyale Administration. Are this the type of politicians we are looking up to?

and what did you expect from Faysal ??

Any how ,,, i'm telling you these guys won't stay long in jail ......... is just lil lesson for them to follow and constitution ,,,,,

I STILL DON'T FIND QARAN AS A POLITICAL PARTY ..... I MEAN NOT YET