Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Gen Duke’s words to the Mudug team as they reach Semi’s….

621.jpg

"I believe many of you here have heard of me, I am a veteran of many battles, have been decorated a war hero on various occasions and have lived through some very difficult times defending the interest of the Somali state of Puntland.

I understand that many have written you off, believing falsely that you are lucky and don’t deserve to be here in the semi finals. However my boys know on this day, that all of Mudug is rooting for you, that the Diaspora is also rooting for you that we are trully 100% behind you, and that you have the necessary skills and determination to go all the way. Captain, I have something special for you. When ever I faced a dark day, and all I wanted to do was to lie down and give up, I read this old Victorian poem; it inspired me a great deal and focused my resolve. I hope it is as useful to you as it has been to me.

Go, Mudug, you have made your region very proud thus far, and we expect you to do your best, that’s all. I also wish all the teams left the best of luck for their remaining matches"

Gen Duke meets the Mudug team

The poem that will inspire my team, thet may not be the most skillfull but they have true passion in their blood.

....Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

UZTAAD   

:D

old Mudug team used to be the best in puntland but this new team consist youngsters and they have good chance to left the trophy this year.

^Lool, Reer Mudug playing football in the style of Mudug :D

And how do they do their selection: Walaale ninkii laadi yaqaana kubadda kooxda kudara, war meeyay Ina Hebel kudara kaasna wuu laadayee lol

BiLaaL   

Since when did sport turn into politics? This post and others like it, do not belong to this page. Stop abusing the leniency shown by SOL admins.

SOL has a page dedicated to sports. Use it!

war reer mudugu kubbada laguma gaaro saa mooday mahn

I know brother I was only joking, my visit to Puntland last year I learnt a lot, I have always thought that Mudug or Galkacyo was highly political city. However, I found out that Mudug was the least political compared to Bosaaso(people mainly busy with business and their life but more political than Galkacyo I observed) and Garowe( highly political, if u need politics stay there), and by far Galkacyo was the most active in terms of sport, almost all that I met were following the clubs in Europe and the youth or kids wearing Arsenal and Barcelona shirts. Even the politicians asked me about their teams in Europe, one kept asking me about Man United and their ground while I wanted the news of Shirarki Nairobi kasocday lol.

Abtigiis   

The Mudug team chose a sheep as their symbol and they played like sheep.

What they luck in talent, they compensate with indomitable Indho-adeyg. They will bounce back next year!