Sign in to follow this  
Juje

DOWLADDA PUNTLAND EE SOOMAALIYA : New Name

Meiji   

Originally posted by Jaanjumow:

I think I have the solution. Let us have a blend of Federalism and Centralism. I will explain what I mean. First of all, Puntland is too powerful for this strategy. It is shaped as an independent country. It needs to become a region that does not have regions within it, whilst at the same time having the same powers as a federal region. The country should be split into federal regions with EQUAL opportunities. Mogadishu will not choose the governors of the regions (which shall be made up of districts), but the people residing in those regions will through local elections (doorashooyinka deegaanka) throughout the whole country. The regions governors will have a regional assembly which shall decide how to spend its budget. They will be given a budget big enough to pay the salaries of the civil servants (e.g police, teachers) by the central government. It will also have control over the regional police force. It will be in charge of building new roads, schools and hospitals etc. Tax shall be collected throughout the whole country which will be given to the central government. All revenues from ports, airports, oil etc, shall be given to the central government. With this money the government will decide a budget for itself and FAIR budgets for every single region. The government will be in charge of national defence and overseeing the work of the regions. The National Assembly (Golaha Shacbiga) in Mogadishu shall include MPs that are voted from their constituencies nationwide in general elections. The central Impartial government will hold the power to veto any of the actions of the regional assemblies if it deems them unfit, only after voting on the matter. It will also hold the power to make new national laws and every region will have to follow them or else face consequences. If a region fails to follow any of the laws passed by the National assembly and refuses to acknowledge them, the National Assembly will have the right, after a unanimous vote, to disband that regional assembly and call for fresh elections in that region. This will ensure the rights of the people to choose their own leaders, and also make sure the country has a far system of governance regardless of clan lines.

Enlightened view bro.

Your scenario is one in which the central government is on top while it grants local autonomy to districts in certain area's and ultimately has the power to disband a regional administration if it acts against the national interest of Somalia.

Your scenario is one in which the central Somali state devolves some responsibilities to regional administrations and in which regional administrations take care of regional affaires without negatively influencing the national interest of Somalia.

The 'Puntland'model as pushed forward by Duke is nothing but a ''state within a state'' and if other Somali clans follow that example we will have ''clan-based states within a state''.

Imagine how that would weaken the central Somali state and how that would aid foreign predatory powers in their quest to interfere and control Somali affaires.

Your scenario is one in which the central government is on top while it grants local autonomy to districts in certain area's and ultimately has the power to disband a regional administration if it acts against the national interest of Somalia.

The states interest, and the Federal government's interest are parallel at times, and are not sometimes. Infact there are aligned in most areas of the security, foreign policy, and long-term economic development...howeve r, the States should not be looked down nor undermine..like a centralist government disregards it's districts ...incase the interests don't align, then a consesus and compromise should be reached...not..and I repeat the states interests should not be neglected ...don't even mention disband..(USC mentality type thinking is a disaster bro)

opps..I meant the african mentality..if the internal shareholders/politic al parties/states have a concern regarding a policy or a law in place..then the path to solving it is not crashing it..as Meiji calls it disband,,,it's rather discussing and compromising until the interests align again...and only in a weak central system with powerful states such things occur..

Horta, I am tired of your lame line of clan states...Except the old Mogadisho, and few big cities, everywhere else in somalia is clan based mate, hence any democratic government will reflect that like it or not..

An example of how this will change rapidly:

Bosaso was a small town in the early 90's, and now it has a population close to a million mate. 2/3 of the population are not the historical locals..There is huge neighbourhoods made of just Oromos, ppl from Bay& Bakool, ppl from Ogandenia, ppl from the Capital area, and ppl from the NW, offcourse not to mention the nearby kinsmen.......

So since somalis can leave anywhere in Somalia in any framework of government, it is very possible that in less than 60 years that ***** clan may not be the majority in Puntland anylonger..just like Bosaso mate...

people will be driven by the desire to live a good life and make a good living...anyhwhere that allows them to fulfill that...they will go....not everywhere is Xamaar kid..So what is there to fear, Ohh yea,,Xamar will not have monopoly anylonger,,or perhaps the brothers in Galgaduud will be marginalized in a Federal System.

AYOUB   

Brian: Excuse me. Are you the Judean People's Front?

Reg: F**k off! We're the People's Front of Judea

- Life of Brian

puntland, somaliland, goatland same ole crap! I dont understand why cheerleaders jump and down everytime a clan warlord releases gas from his butt.

It stinks like it always does...just crap. I guess cheerleaders are addicted to that gas now currently.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Axmed Dhancadde:

Waryaa GD, your friend (if he is one) waa crazy. Did you listen to his arguments. Waa af-mishaar laakin he is unfit for political debate. Meelaha lagu qaylio kuwa qabsada weeye noocisu. Bismilaah!

lol...Sounds like you know him, the way you describe him baa iga yaabisay! Do you have the link?