Sign in to follow this  
Nazra

Tips: On How To Save For Your Wedding

Nazra   

When we think about our wedding day, we want to make our future hubby broke and count every penny towards the dress, venue, bridesmaids, food, cake, pictures and the video.

Is this necessary???

Assume you have just finished your degree, or in the middle of your studies and you can’t wait to get married to the man you love.

Here are some handy tips on how to make every penny worthy to you smile.gif .

Your wedding is YOUR DAY, how you do it is up to YOU.

Okay, the man comes...asks for you hand.

PayCheck 1 can go to the food and make it a small gathering for MEN.

PayCheck1: The small gathering should consist of at least 15 men. Strong budgeting is needed here. And ca$h the savings into your account Gurl.

PayCheck 2: Your Dhahab. Be honest how much dhahab have you already got? You don’t need it, you are married...Unless you plan to be a fat mother with three kids and wear "all the dhahab in ur jellewery box" just to attend and outdo other fat mothers at every weddings. :rolleyes:

I say: Cheque the money... And pay off your uni fees and buy a simple diamond ring not five pair of gold.

PayCheck 3: The wedding, this might be mix or not. End of the day we know that they cost hell of a lot.

I say: give clear attention to ur baby, that you want a wedding.

Transfer money to your account. And call off the whole wedding. Tell your family (who knew you always wanted a big wedding) that you have changed and wish for a better marriage and starting that with a party is UNHEALTHY.

I say: Pay off any other debts. And Get yourself a car gurl.

Ops! I don’t mean to make this sound so simple and easy. Hey don’t forget your wedding is your wedding. It’s about you. You make the call. If he wants a mix wedding, you decline and say a girls wedding (knowing that you will back up from that too).

And how you spend the money is UP TO YOU.

I suggest this to VIRGINS ONLY. So when your wedding night comes....

Oh... Will he be mad or what?

I say: Say "honey, I was concerned for our future. What matters is that I have my uni fees paid off and have a decent vehicle. If it means not having a wedding, then I’m fine by it. Anyways, weddings are done for one reason, so: the bride can be envied by all the single girls, and so both families try to outdo each other, and also having fat women jumping up and down... And blowing thousands on them is not worth it honey. Now lets go to bed and see if you still want to talk over this" ;)

I guarantee you at the next morning when you make a wonderful breakfast, he will look at you and think: "I have married the most smartest, prettiest women who is debt free"

I was once told that Somali weddings cost anywhere from 5k to 40k. I could not believe this that people would spend so much money on weddings, and the divorce rate within our community is very high. Some couples even break up in months -- let alone making it through the year.

I say just go to the mosque and get married, use the money for something else, you’ve got your whole lifetime to entertain your family and friends – clearly you can’t spend so much money when you haven’t got that much.

Nazra   

The last two weddings i was a braid maids both families were running out of money. Last wedding believe this or not... i ended up paying for the bride's professional make-up and hairdresser which was $200. And she has not paid it back to me, its been 8 months :mad:

Pujah   

Friend of mine who recently got married was saving for his wedding for almost 2 years. He was saving every penny and cutting cost wherever possible he even stopped going to starbucks. when he was ready to set a date and get everything going his bride (who was pushing him to get second job) decided she did not want wedding after all and had small meher including just the two families. And had him payoff his debt including student loans.

I thought that was smart move on her part even though I would probably have gotten a 7 carat ring instead redface.gif

J.Lee   

I suggest this to VIRGINS ONLY. So when your wedding night comes....

Correct me if I'm wrong but if she is such a "smart woman" shouldn't she have been saying the beautifully and brilliantly written piece of B.S (for a lack of better term) prior to her wedding night since the wedding -apparently-has already taken place by then?

BTW, why are you obsessed with virgins, and virginity?

As for Tip on How To Save For Your Wedding; don't have one

I say just go to the mosque and get married, use the money for something else, you’ve got your whole lifetime to entertain your family and friends – clearly you can’t spend so much money when you haven’t got that much.
[/QB]

This is why I asked for your bakoorad in marriage ....Yaa Animal Farmow! :Dicon_razz.gif Wow....

Nazra,sweety whats with this obsession with Virgins?lol.Oh never mind(!)You know what they say.Modest girls NEVER brag or try and defend their modesty.It's a PERSONAL thing.Regardless of what folk say......Sida kale whatever makes you feel secure sweets.. ;)

For my wedding I want to donate zakkah first and foremost and in return for beautiful du'cas from the fellow brothers and sisters at the mosque.After the religious ceremony,a seperate small gathering for close family and friends.Hido iyo dhaqaan ofcourse!Gender seperate methinks.Simple and so beautiful dont you think ya fellow SOL'ers? :D

Nazra   

They are a waste of time and money especially if you have debt on ur back.

I'm not obsessed with virginity. This must be the 2nd time i said it. Other...than my other topic :D

I'm just trying to give handy tips. This post couldn't be for single mothers who would want to use the money for... whatever! I had to be specific. Some ppl happen to jump to conclusions :rolleyes:

So i don't want them to use this idea when they are single mother :D

I really do feel sorry for somali brotha's. Some have given the hope of ever getting married. Saving for 20k to 40k is alot. No wonder why some of them are not married and depressed. But then again, thats why we have spinisters demanding 30k weddings when they have nothing.

People need to stop thinking about hollywood weddings and have some iman.

Jabhad   

really do feel sorry for somali brotha's. Some have given the hope of ever getting married. Saving for 20k to 40k is alot. No wonder why some of them are not married and depressed

No need to get depressed when there are other alternatives we can take.

Nephissa   

War heedhe, it's just once in a lifetime experience.

When that day comes, I'm considering arriving in a horse-drawn carriage, instead of a limo. And make my very grand entrance. (IA)

Gediid   

^^^^Abti

Thats so yesterday.....Today its the Faraxs for lunch and a few Xalimos for dinner followed by whole night of shagging.... ;)

*drifts into la la land but wakes up realizing that package is encased in a xalimo who will not stop nagging once she assumes the title of wifey, oh well no harm done in a lil wishing*

Nazra

Debt, you sound like the debt consolidation emails I receieve...Anyways what makes you sure a Farax will run up to you and be like Thank God I'm so debt free I can now have my dream wedding at the Sheraton where cali and Casho had theirs.....

If you ask me though I think the best thing to save for ones wedding is ones virginity but again some might disagree in private but I doubt if that will ever be in public..... ;)

Quruxley

Ana waxan ku leeyahay Amiin Ilaahey run ha kaga dhigo....Such a noble way to start a family.

Gediid   

^^^^Abti

Ala dadkana wat made you think waan soo socdaa puhleezzz....

I just pointed out what has universally been accepted as an activity after a big wedding,you know the horse drawn carriage,grand entrance,lots of xalimos,expansive food in a 5 star hotel etc etc... :D

Pucca   

For my wedding I want to donate zakkah first and foremost and in return for beautiful du'cas from the fellow brothers and sisters at the mosque.After the religious ceremony,a seperate small gathering for close family and friends.Hido iyo dhaqaan ofcourse!Gender seperate methinks.
Simple and so beautiful
dont you think ya fellow SOL'ers?

peachy, just perfect.

Splash out on the honeymoon instead :D

Why would I spend thousands of pounds on people who only come to my wedding to hook up with boys and girls, and show off their extensions to each others. Puleease, I'd rather save thousands and spend it on me and my hubby. Hell, we worked for it.

Besides, nothing says 'I love you' like a first class ticket and a 5-star honeymoon suite overlooking Dubai.