Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

High level UN officials the UN and EU to engage directly with Somaliland

Allow yaa talo ku siiya

alloow yaa talla ku siiya

.. hees saas ah baan maqli jiray. Marka meel cidla ah ayeydun toobinka ku haysaane hsidaa ku sii wada, bal halka ay idin gaarsiiso.

LANDER   

Originally posted by Muslim Somali:

If Taiwan failed to get a seat in the united nation with its geopolitical importance, international awareness and resources, how do you think Somaliland can make it through and all of us know how Somaliland state depends totally on international community support combined with Tax revenues.

^On the contrary my misinformed friend, the biggest contributers to the Somaliland Economy and even more critically the countries infrastructure are Somalilanders from abroad. Mind you, it is much the same in other Somali territories with the exception of those considered as parcel to Ethiopia.

Recognition doesn't come on a golden plates ,, ppl have to suffer and struggle before that ,,, we started our mission in 1982 and we're in the best position ever.

It is getting so close by the day ,,,,,

But none of you said why the international community will recognise Somaliland epically when a place called West Sahara located between morocco and Mauritania failed to get recognition although they had more what Somaliland have.

NGONGE   

^^ They possibly don't get as much publicity nor are they an urgent case. You should have used Kosovo as your example.

I am sick and tired of having those two cumbersome flags under my bed. Get recognised already so that I can ditch the blue one. :D

Castro   

^^^ You have no shame. :D

Originally posted by SheekhaJacaylka:

Recognition doesn't come on a golden plates ,, ppl have to suffer and struggle before that ,,, we started our mission in 1982 and we're in the best position ever.

What evidence do you have the call for secession movement started in 1982? Perhaps a speech by a high ranking rebel leader, an entry in the movement's manifesto, an editorial written somewhere or even rumors attributed to the leadership of the SNM? Basically anything recorded that would indicate the secession idea began in 1982.

I have a very hard time taking your word for it yaa Sheekha. :D

Originally posted by LANDER:

quote:Originally posted by Muslim Somali:

If Taiwan failed to get a seat in the united nation with its geopolitical importance, international awareness and resources, how do you think Somaliland can make it through and all of us know how Somaliland state depends totally on international community support combined with Tax revenues.

^On the contrary my misinformed friend, the biggest contributers to the Somaliland Economy and even more critically the countries infrastructure are Somalilanders from abroad. Mind you, it is much the same in other Somali territories with the exception of those considered as parcel to Ethiopia.
But you havent answered the question on the Taiwan analogy. smile.gif

High level diplomats from the United Nations based in Nairobi, Kenya, have this week called on the United Nations and the European Union to engage directly with the Republic of Somaliland..

High Level? Have you asked yourselves,what kind of diplomats get sent to Africa? They are the lowest of ranks and mostly inexperienced kids.

I am looking for Prof.Mahadallah's speech at Last weeks conference in mpls. It gave so much detail about the kind of diplomats that get sent to Africa. You will never quote these fakes as "high level" diplomats.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ They possibly don't get as much publicity nor are they an urgent case. You should have used Kosovo as your example.

I am sick and tired of having those two cumbersome flags under my bed. Get recognised already so that I can ditch the blue one.
:D

Boy is that fence under strenious pressure :D

N.O.R.F   

Well there is an easier way of doing that. Like moving there and sitting in hotels sipping tea for a few years. Who knows a post in Azarbaijaan might be just for you :cool:

Castro, yeah i know it is hard for you to believe what you already don't want to believe ,,, sorry lad.

Yeah it is true the movement started in 82 and now it is in 2007 ,,,,,, each time had its own policy and tactics.

Castro   

^^^^ If you provide me any record, however obscure, that indicates a secession movement prior to 1991, I promise I will thoroughly consider it and may be even change my position.

Until then, I'm afraid I'll have to stay put.

Fair?

and does it matter if you consider or not ?? ,,,, I think you value nothing to Somaliland and nobody cares if you change your oponion or not :D

Yes, i do have my own evidence but sorry not sharing it with you ,,, there are other infos i don't want you to see them until its time

Castro   

^^^ Evidence not shared is evidence non existent. And you don't need to hide the evidence, you're already a believer. Give the evidence to the heathens. :D