Sign in to follow this  
Jumatatu

Egypt one again rejects President Yusuf...!

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Ethiopia support for the Somalia’s embryonic peace process is
indispensable
. It was Ethiopia’s long arm that reached out to tab Musse Yalaxow, Hassan Qalaad (Allah yarxama), and Mohammed Dheere and managed to challenge TNG I of Arta in Mogadishu...imagine that in Mogadishu! These obscure personalities, with Ethiopia support, have become a force to reckon with. Ethiopia support helped Abdullahi Yussuf regain control in Puntland. Ethiopia gave RRA the upper hand in the Bay area conflict. The political grouping of SRRC was created by Ethiopia’s friends. Ethiopia gave them an effective regional representation and provided them all the logistics of military hardware to make their militia competitive in their respective area of influence. Why? That’s something to ponder with...remember SNM, USC, and SSDF would not have done well without the Ethiopian base to wage war and without Ethiopian and Libyan military support.

Xaasha...! Are they doing all this or have they done it for the betterment of Somalia.?

And since you say that their support is indispensable could you please expand on the reason why it is benifitial for the EThiopians for Somalia to achieve statehood once again, bearing in mind it wants so in light of your supporting statement?

Also on the same issue do you think Ethiopia wants or will support S/land to once again rejoin the rest of Somalia now that we have a Federal Government?

Baashi   

Juma,

You misread my post mister, read it again and make sure you understand the sentences you are quoting.

Ethiopia is not doing any favors for Somalia period. And we should not expect any favors from her. Ethiopia is Somalia’s enemy numero uno...that much is agreed. We have a lot of unfinished business and until a resolution on these issues is reached, the suspicions will continue. She wouldn’t mind Somalia attaining statehood. What she wants is a say of the type of government we should be having. She wants federated Somalia where our differences are highlighted (Maay vs. Maxaa tiri, South vs. North), clan entitlement embedded in the political system and so on. Ethiopia didn’t create these internal divisions but she wants to exploit them as long as she can and that’s why she wants these differences to become permanent. She has also a compelling interest of the type of leadership we should be having: pro-Arab or pro-Ethiopia (pro-Ethiopia will facilitate a resolution on O g a d e n - the region). Now what makes Ethiopia cooperation indispensable is she knows Somalis inside out and she demonstrated (at least to me) how she could play these contestants against each other at will by exploiting our clan culture.

If the peace is to prevail this time around, and it has a chance since Ethiopia now is happy with the Nairobi outcome and all the contestants of the conflict are represented, we must swallow our pride temporarily and let this pass for the sake of stability. Once the peace is attained and we get our statehood (no matter how imperfect it is) then we will have a chance to take all the corrective actions that’s needed to make the country once again a viable state in the region.

Will Ethiopia support secession effort of the Northwest? No! Ethiopia supported in public the TNG II and she is campaigning on its behave right? Now, the first or the second article of the federal charter spells out unequivocally the borders of the Somalia. In my view, it has a lot to gain to see weak federal Somalia that is very vulnerable than inspiring O g a d e n (the region) and Oromo freedom fighters by supporting the secession.

Originally posted by Baashi:

It was Ethiopia’s long arm that reached out to tab Musse Yalaxow, Hassan Qalaad (Allah yarxama), and Mohammed Dheere and managed to challenge TNG I of Arta in Mogadishu...These obscure personalities, with Ethiopia support, have become a force to reckon with. Ethiopia support helped Abdullahi Yussuf regain control in Puntland. Ethiopia gave RRA the upper hand in the Bay area conflict. The political grouping of SRRC was created by Ethiopia’s friends. Ethiopia gave them an effective regional representation and provided them all the logistics of military hardware to make their militia competitive in their respective area of influence...remember SNM, USC, and SSDF would not have done well without the Ethiopian base to wage war and without Ethiopian and Libyan military support.

Couldn't have said it any better. Ethiopia is the regional powerbroker in the Horn of Africa region. Col. Ina Yeey is smart enough to recognize that.

All this fake panic about Col. Ina Yeey and his plans to let Ethiopia rule Somalia - its simple drag-queen disguise the opposition has decided to wear. I don't even like the guy - but I have solid facts for my dislike. To say Col. Ina Yeey will serve as Ethiopia's puppet in Mogadishu is to forget the man's military past: he led Somali military forces into Ethiopia in the 1977-78; and his 30-plus years rebellion to LEAD, not to follow! Are we to believe that he now considers Ethiopians our brothers? That's the stupidiest premise I've ever come across. It's politics: in politics, you give and you get.

Zenawi himself - while he was opposing Mariam and the Derg regime - lived in Mogadishu and travelled on a Somali passport. Did the Ethiopians consider him to be a Somali puppet? Undoubtedly, some did. But some wisely knew he needed a base of operations - what better place than Somalia to launch his rebellion? He scratched their (Somali gov't) back, and they scratched his. Ina Yeey hasn't lost his objective - and it doesn't include anyone but himself as Master.

Bring facts or save the drama for Oprah!

SOO MAAL   

All so-called Somali politicians of today, all of had senior positions in Siyaad Barre Regime, the newly elected president of Somalia was a senior colonel in Siyaad Regime, Daahir Rayaale Kaahin the current president of Somaliland was a senior spy in Somali intelligence services (NSS) of Siyaad regime until 1991 and took part 1988 genocide, Ahmed Mohamed ‘Siilanyo’ the current leader of Kulmiye party was a longtime minister who hold various portfolios in Siyaad Barre Regime, Axmed Maxamad Aden (Qaybe)the current parliament speaker of Somaliland was Somalia's last foreign minister in Siyaad Barre Regime till 1991, Former Somalia president of Arta was also a longtime minister in Siyaad Barre regime. Even Former Somaliland president Ibrahim Egal was one time Somalia’s ambassador in Indian of Siyaad Barre Regime, and also Shaatiguduud was a senior general in Siyaad Barre Regime.

Therefore, the Somali political arena is dominated by individuals who were part of Siyaad Barre Regime

SOO MAAL   

Can Ethiopia trust former Siyaad Barre spy (Riyaale) as a friend? Impossible

Riyaale "It's good. We have no better friend than Ethiopia... They always treat us as brothers, as young brothers. They help us better than any other country in the area"

BOTH RIYAALE AND YUSUF KNOW EACH OTHER PERSONALLY AS SIYAAD REGIME MATES

OG_Girl   

Bashi, so do you want Ethiopia now to capture Mogadisho for him like they captured Puntland for him since Egypt wont do it! It looks like we would sell our soul to the devil just to be in power.

Would our Ethiopian friends keep supporting us the minute they perceive us as a threat? I believe they would not and this support is limited to as long as we are under their control and the minute we grow some feather they will slaughter us. So where is the long-term benefit for this support of today? What Somalia needs is a long-term solution and not a temporary one for today to satisfy the hunger of some warlord!!

Salam

Bashi, so do you want Ethiopia now to capture Mogadisho for him like they captured Puntland for him since Egypt wont do it! It looks like we would sell our soul to the devil just to be in power

OG.. :D Never knew you was one of those true believers.

Bashi and Wind's analysis is spot on. No Somali national leader would be a puppet to Ethiopia least of all those who fought against them in ****** war.

As for the premise that Ethiopia and Egypt have both played Somalia like a yoyo, while we expect nothing from Tigray regime, we Somali have sure been disapointed with Egypts stance..

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

[QB Bashi and Wind's analysis is spot on. No Somali national leader would be a puppet to Ethiopia least of all those who fought against them in ****** war. [/QB]

Dont you think sxb realities in the ground heavily contradict your assumption. I think the stage is of pepet is well gone, the current parliament, President, and the prime minister is led,owned and ordered by the Ethiopian Government. And anyone who denies that is at face value rejecting the true facts.

To talk about whether it is indispensable( as some learned ones say) or benefitial is acceptable but to deny it outright then we are not being realistic.

Jumatatu   

Yes sxb, like some have the opinion that the World is round, others flat and some odd ones believe it is traingle. I would put your opinion on parallel with the latter one in regard to your opinion of the Ethiopian influence.... :D

I think the stage is of pepet is well gone, the current parliament, President, and the prime minister is led,owned and ordered by the Ethiopian Government.

That's why they demand full control of who will be in Gedi's government.

Originally posted by Jumatatu:

^^To be precise sxb and the right ord should be
dictate

Do you thing over 40 years of investment in Somali politics, Ethiopia will leave Somalia alone especially when harvesting supposed to start?

Emperor   

Egyt this, ethio that, aren't we getting tired of this loony politics.

This is the fruit we planted, years of civil war, hate and corrupt regimes. Lets not blame ethio or egypt, we downplayed ourselves, every1 should blame no one but himself.

Will any somali person take the blame? or every1 will critise the other, well thats why we aint going no where.

Test:

Now I want to see every1 saying "Im wrong in all my believes and actions, I regret that I was the cause of Somali demise and destruction, its me that i should held responsible for everything. Thank you, Forgive me"

Will you do it ? im here to wait and see