Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Subject: AMISOM Brutality in Somalia

Fabregas   

Monday, 29 September 2008

Secretary General of the United Nations (UN)

The Presidents of the African Union (AU), Uganda and Burundi

The Secretary General of the League of Arab States

The Secretary General of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC)

Heads of Concerned region and international human rights organizations

Your Excellencies:

As you have been following the latest crisis in Somalia, I regret to inform you that for the last week, AMISOM has been using tanks and heavy artillery indiscriminately against the

population of Mogadishu. As a result, according to the latest estimates, over 100 people, including children, women, and elderly have been killed; more than 300 others have been wounded, and about 3000 have fled their homes, where the Ethiopian troops and the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) militias have been looting their homes.

Before this time, committing this type of massacre has been limited to the Ethiopian occupation troops and the TFG militias. However, it is now apparent that AMISOM is also

adopting this evil practice. The latest carnage is a clear indication that AMISOM is assisting Ethiopia to achieve its objective of occupying Somalia and denying the Somali people

their fundamental rights of life, liberty and property.

AMISOM spokesman has claimed that the troops were defending themselves from the attack of some insurgent group(s)!! But the available evidence regarding the directions and the

distance of the shelling does not support this argument. It is obvious that AMISOM had used unnecessary force and targeted heavily populated quarters and markets far away from the fighting area(s) which can only be taken as a deliberate mass killing.

Since AMISOM had not come with the consent of the Somali people, lately, we have been spending a significant amount of time and efforts to convince our people to accept AMISOM

as a peace keeping force, but the latest terror has seriously damaged the image and the mission of AMISON in Somalia. Moreover, it will most likely have a profound negative effect on the on-going UN brokered talks in Djibouti.

We consider this AMISOM action as a war crime; therefore, we urgently request the UN as well as AU to send an impartial fact find mission at the earliest possible time to

investigate these atrocities and swiftly bring the culprits to justice.

Shaikh Sharif Shaikh Ahmed

Chairman, ARS

http://www.somaliaonline.info/old/index.php?option =com_content&task=view&id=338&Itemid=1

ANTARA   

^True, that was 5 months ago and alot has changed since then. The headlines about the ex sheikh yesterday tell a different story

Sh. Shariif oo Yimid Muqisho una Tacsiyeeyay AMISOM kuna tilmaamay inay u yimaadeen in“Caawiyaan Umadda Soomaaliyeed”

link

AMISOM was known for atrocities and is still known for atrocities from the viewpoint of the Somalis on the ground whether they were caught being fired on indiscriminately by AMISOM troops or being bombed on in Bakaro or a different neighborhood.

The only thing that has changed is that Sharif now needs them and even is requesting more troops. Forget about all the killing and mayham they do, the important thing is for sharif to be in power!

We need more "peacekeepers" who will bring "peace" to every part of Somalia like they brought to the markets and neighborhoods of Somalia today as crashes, booms, and screams were heard!

amnisom, amnison amnisom lalala, lalala, lalala.

Come on Gurey who are you kidding, that song is expired, you need to stop the uncodditional support you give to these warlords who are killing people in the name of ISLAM.

Amnisom will leave sooner or later, then I wonder what other song will you post.

Is it worth to kill more than 30 people cold blooded, and maim many more.

Its clear the issue is bigger than AMNISOM, but I wonder when will you realise that.

Goodir   

^You're damn right. President Sharif should request more peacekeeping forces until these savages start learning to stop firing and rampaging the city.

Fabregas   

somali-president-sharif-sheikh-ahmed2.jp

The President thanked the Ugandan and Burundian governments whose troops supported the TFG. The President added that he expects additional AMISOM troops to be brought to Somalia, particularly Mogadishu to assist the TFG to bring back peace and security to Somalia.

^^I asked him that question before. Fabregas al soomaali believes sh sharif is murtad, his government is dawlah riddah, and killing them is taqarub ila laah

Hunguri   

Sheekh Shariif is in Ethiopia, he is already consulting with his tailor to tailor him an Cabaayad and Indha Shareer. He lost every thing, and is not a man enough to lift his gun and face ina Godane. The guy should resign! Waxba ma hayo kani waa Hacoo!

NGONGE   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^I asked him that question before. Fabregas al soomaali believes sh sharif is murtad, his government is dawlah riddah, and killing them is taqarub ila laah

Did he say that? I don't think I ever read Fabregas saying Sharif is a murtad or calling for his death. I think you are mistaking him for Kashafa there.

Fab has a soft sport for Al Shabab but is too diplomatic to ever repeat some of their rubbish.

Of course, he is right about Sh. Sharif (in the thread above). Instead of avoiding the point, you may want to tackle the topic of the thread. icon_razz.gif

This thread contains nothing of substance for me to tackle.

Actually North and I are elevating the discussion here awoowe. The fickle ones waste their time debating and analyzing political speeches and rhetorical flourishes of Sharif while avoiding addressing the real issues at hand. If one supports alshabaab because he is angry at Sharif’s rise to the top post and the means he chose to achieve it that would be a different story. If one however supports the political platform of alshabaab, agrees with their theological positions, approves their tactics, if one does that after it’s clear what alshabaab stand for, it would be very hard for that same person to hide under having a soft spot for alshabaab.

I have pierced through such bogus veil before awoowe, and believe me there is no difference between Kashafa and Fabregas in terms of celebrating the destruction of Somalia in the name of liberation. Now Fabregas has supported the killing of 82 people in Beledweyne, we had discussion on that and he more or less agreed with the theological basis of alshabaab’s madness.

Who is urging me to discuss about Sharif’s speech while muffling waxa laysku hayyo? Look at your intellectual hypocrisy awoowe.

NGONGE   

^^ Pull the other one, saaxib. Norf brought this thread back from FEB this year. You joined him in condemning the man. If there is any hypocracy here it is the one clearly displayed by Sh. Sharif!

You ask for something altogether different. You want Fab you explain to you the position of those he supports on a thread where he displays the shortcomings of those you support!

I repeat, don't run saaxib. Adiga xagan is keenay. Bal horta tiisa ka hadal (without elevating anything).

I am going home now. Make sure you leave me something nice to look at later tonight. Salaam.

^^^^I am not sure you and I agree with what constitutes 'something nice' in this context. Take a moment and ponder what you are suggesting here awoowe. Do you seriously think posting five months old speech (I didn’t even listen speech Wallaahi) warrants a discussion?

For what purpose awoowe?

Lets stay with the murtad, and dawladah riddah point. there yaa NGONGE is where a beneficial debate can be found.

Fabregas soo bax awoowe, kolba meelahaad ku gabanaysaaye.