Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Meet your Ambassador to Tanzania.....Gen Looyaan

Som@li   

^true, people should be given these posts according to their credentials! Somalia has a long way to go before we see equal opportunities for all locals!

What has the man done to receive this position?

Can someone please tell me the criterias to be nominated for such an appointment? Is this really beneficial to the Somali people?

And is it really time to appoint ambassadors with other countries when our country isnt even at peace? Am I the only one that thinks this is some F*** *p S**t!! pardon my "french" but really isnt there some kind of priority in these sad times?

The man was the head of police, he did a great job for the nation. He is an educated and a respected fellow.

What is a diplomat any way? A an individual who can represent the nation abroad. Mr Looyaan is such an individual.

A great move. What is important here is that the diplomatic missions are opening up again.

Ambassadors and diplomatic missions are part of the vital organs of any national government, pardon my Welsh but what would people say if we had no diplomatic missions. :D

Duke,

As you said if the man was such a great figure as head of the police, what is the purpose of sending him abroad? Wouldnt you say that a man with such qualities is much needed in our country? After all diplomacy at this level entails useless ceremonial acts which is usually performed by not only a person able to properly represent the country but one that is dispensable. Somalia needs people who can help built this peace everyone says they want. So then why send someone like him to Tanzania? Is there really some kind of urgency in establishing diplomatic ties when we have no peace? Or is it that thousands of displaced somalis can wait while an educated, respectful individual can make the rounds of important diplomatic missions. Pardon my sarcasm but really, is that what you are saying?

Nephissa   

Isn't tribal nepotism the fall back governing model in all Africa?

Originally posted by General Duke:

Ambassadors and diplomatic missions
are part of the vital organs of any national government, pardon my Welsh but what would people say if we had no diplomatic missions.
:D

We say this government is 'skin and bones' for it's already one without original vital organ.

Lois, you do have a point, Mr Looyaan should have staid in the uniform and continued his job. However the issue was political and it might have been his choice to take an esier option and take the uniform of.

As for diplomatic missions, yes they are essential we need support from the international community and this is a vital function to restoring the peace. The more support the esier to tackling the security issue.

This government is skin and bones, but its getting stronger, the heart, lungs and other organs are working, soon it will be in the gym working out.

Gabbal   

Cali Madoobe is an intelligent man for making sure the blood of Somalis is not on his hands. He neither participated in the civil war nor was the Police Commissioner during the Mogadishu offensive having asked someone be named in his place long before it transpired.

Even now he should not accept a position with this proxy entity even if he thinks he is doing his nation a service.

Duke,

I understand that a position as such isnt simply given out to extend diplomatic ties. However demonstrating credibility in other nations and motivating them to support this government by showing abroad that its indeed strong actually strips the same government from the much needed acceptance and respect it wants from the somali citizens.

I could be wrong but rather then searching approval abroad I would clean my backyard first. Or is displacement from the same citizens that this government want so called peace for isnt as important as allies approval abroad? Just a question

Lois, the security situation is being tackled, difficult as it may be steps have been taken to secure the whole country. The TFG held a landmark peace conference, held in the capital and attended by every clan, that took 45 days to complete.

Rome was not built in a day, all these initiatives are important. Securing the capital, building the security forces, institutional building, the new passport and the diplomatic missions.

Thus your question are valid, and my answer is simple, all these projects will lead to the restoration of peace and national governance, insha Allah.

As for the Ambassador, I welcome his appointment and wishing him luck.

Emperor   

^Nice one, thanks Duke for sharing... General Madoobe was a great asset for the TFG as the head of the Police, I am sure will do similar work if not better as a diplomat and Ambassidor to Tanzania, my home country.