Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Dilemma

Ye of little faith Castro.

I meant I see no problems with the practice. After all, am a Muslim and I cant deny something that is allowed by Allah. However I despise the misuse of it. For myself, it’s a completely different issue. I’ve actually never pondered it…except when I come across topics on SOL. I’ve not seen a polygamous relationship in my family too…and extended family… so its not an option I even consider ;)

Castro   

^ I didn't mean to offend you, atheer. But that statement of yours gives me this mental image of a couple of fat ladies watching a wrestling match on tv and talking about how they'd do things differently. That's all. :D

Originally posted by Curling Waterfall:

I meant I see no problems with the practice.

Later in the same breath:

… so its not an option I even consider
;)

Need I say more atheer? :D

Ye of little faith
Castro

I meant I see no problems with the practice. After all, am a Muslim and I cant deny something that is allowed by Allah. However I despise the misuse of it. For myself, it’s a completely different issue. I’ve actually never pondered it…except when I come across topics on SOL. I’ve not seen a polygamous relationship in my family too…and extended family… so its not an option I even consider
;)

so after all, you admit that you want to marry a man with the ambition of marrying more than one wife?

I am afrait its too late now, somalis are running the dearth of men thesedays. :D

^^ U two. Shaqo kale doonta. I'm very clear. :cool:

Out of generosity, I'll try to offer a marriage proposal for you in the form of charity before the end of this decade. Do you feel happy, eedo?

:D

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Castro:

^
:D

ضرب الحبيب مثل اكل الزبيب

Amen !

Rahima   

That should ( religiously ) convince Rahima too, but guess again !!

You’re testing my nerves JB. It’s a bloody choice- now get over it :rolleyes: .

^^ U two. Shaqo kale doonta. I'm very clear.

That Athena is why they need a forum of their own ;) . Annoying pests they’ve become- twisting and changing everything.

Xoogsade   

Rahima, You have the leverage in premarital discussions normally and you should expect a "yes" answer to your demands now. The concessions you get, however, will fade away with time if your husband feels the contract is not binding and he needs another wife for whatever reason :D , remember, he will tell you that he can't forbid himself what is legal, or his mother/father encouraged him to take another one and they will bless him for that. Also, Your passionate opposition to sharing him with another woman might wither after you get couple of kids. If he doesn't bother you few nights, it might be a relief for you by then, contrary to your feelings now. There are no guarantees in these issues and it is wise to never set up yourself for disappointment. Anything can happen.

As for Ajanib muslim men who would never double up, I guess that itself is not full-proof. Wait till these Ajanib men become aware of the chances they have in doubling up that they wasted or wasting. Sweet deal :D lol. just kidding, but seriously sis, polygamy is not a big issue considering today's status where women are numerous and men have too many options. If one woman resists, there are others accepting the deal.

You mentioned women with kids don't need a man. No one can do without partner be they men or women, so women with kids have the biological need, the psychological need, and other needs too. They will always need some company. If they can get a choice to their taste, good luck to each and everyone of them, if not, what they get is the best life had to offer and they should and will happily take it.

PS: I will give guarantees to Seven of Nine if she is Pretty although I prefer if she leaves matters into my own hands without seeking a "yes" answer to no-polygamy request icon_razz.gif

PSS: I admire my parents who to this day love each other and behave as if they are newly married couple after so many years.