Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Your solution to Somalia's problems

Ms DD   

Salaam

We have seen how Somalis are compelled to take sides whether it is by their conscience or clan allegience. I prefer that their support is determined by their consciences.

So in your humble opinion, where does Somalia go from here? In bringing peace enjoyed by all to Somalia, how do you think the situation should pan out. Remember..this has to be bloodless solution.

Please for once, lets forget about clans and think of it as though you are living in that place yourselves.

PS. Lets pur our ego and pride aside and think of the 1000s of children dying of mulnutrition. They could have easily been yours or mine. Those people dying on a daily basis could have easily been you or me. Allah doesnt love us more than them. Sometimes it is worth swallowing bitter pill in order to acheive better results for all.

NASSIR   

Instead of opening a new thread, why don't you expand on the questions raised by Baashi. Your question boils down to the need for negotiated settlement, which the Good Baashi has alraidy raised.

For some reason, Alla U baahne might have wrongly influenced your thoughts and others as well that that thread was not good enough.

Ms DD   

Caamir

That thread was for discussing the conference. I am not particularly talking about the conference per se. Some people dont even recognise this little get together. It is thought to be one-sided with foregone conclusion.

So What is your take on this?

NASSIR   

Cambaro, well what is the objective of the conference if not for a solution to our problem?

Asalamu Alaykum. I have to go.

Ms DD   

Yep..It would be a solution if all parties (including the Courts) were invited. But they are not..are they? In fact..they are classed as terrorists and are hounded as we speak, arent they? Someone correct me if i am wrong.

Wa aleykum salaam.

^^Cambarro, you are absolutely right that the Courts are excluded; reportedly on the basis that the conference’s format is tribal gathering. That’s exactly what you want to hold a sham conference.

I would rather have the following before I embrace any conference as a genuine.

1-All foreign troops on Somali soil must withdraw.

2-TFG must agree to be subjected to an extensive reform.

3- All Somali parties with significant political weight (including Courts) must agree and participate and be signatory to it.

^^then any talk about reconciliation will have a sincerity in it yaa Camabarro!

Ms DD   

Xiin thanks for the reply.

But You are talking about the conference. Are you saying holding the conference with above conditions is the only to move forward to peaceful Somalia?

How about supporting the TFG for now. Wait for the remaining 2 years and change within. This way, the ethiopians would have no reason to stay and people will have a say by way of election. But these 2 years, lets use it to stabalise the country.

Is this vaible?

ANWAR   

SOMALIA HAS NO PROBLEM NOW

AFTER 15 APRIL ALL THINGS WILL BE GOOOD

ThankS TO GEEDI AND THE BIG BOSS YEEY

:cool: :cool:

Cambarro, no it's not vaible! That doesn’t mean it will collapse immediately though!

Tfg as stands today is a foreign puppet and I doubt if it can reach any political settlement with its adversaries.

Kashafa   

How about supporting the TFG for now. Wait for the remaining 2 years and change within. This way, the ethiopians would have no reason to stay and people will have a say by way of election. But these 2 years, lets use it to stabalise the country.

Is this vaible

No, it's not.

In the name of saving innocent civilians, you would legitimize this Tikrey occupation, you'd be ok with the fact that Xabashis were welcomed into Somalia by the lowest of the low: Macsharal Dhabo-Dhilifs, you would roll back years of Islamic growth in our society thanks to a secular pro-western dawlad-isku sheeg composed of men who have sold their honour, their dignity a loooooooooong time ago for a shot at power* (Yey, Buuba, Hiraale, Aideed Jr, and a heck lot more), you would continue the practice of handing over our scholars to the CIA, selling them 100,000 bucks per head like cattle, you would entrench the Qabil in our society with the istubidhly pathetic fowr-boint-fife formula that will only add to division n' hatred along tribal lines, you would watch Ethiopia become our best friend and ally due it's heroic intervention at the hour of need, see it gain all the concessions Yey and his cohorts can sign away: drilling rights, port usage, revoke all claims on Kilinka Shanaad, you would do all that with a straight face and a clean conscience in the name of peace and stability ?

No thanks, sis. Innocent civilians have been killed, raped, expelled from their homes, humiliated in front of their families, persecuted as weak unarmed minorities, primarily in the name of Qabil, over the past 30 years. The men who make up the TFG were the architects of said tribal strife. And you ask, is it viable to support such men? Heck to the no. I see one force that's able to tame that beast responsible for all that disaster and that force is called Islam and the application of Islamic Sharia. I'm glad that you see through the TFGs transparent veil of fakery, even the hacks supporting it know and see it. But they won't admit to it. Small matter of reppin' the tolka, see. "Go on ahead Uncle(insert warlord name), the heel of the Amxaars boot is kinda heavy and too dirty, but we'll keep on lickin' it as long as you, and by extension us can maintain our grip on power"

I throw the question back to you, do you see any other alternative besides surrender? Because with surrender comes the status quo of tribal strife, as well as foreign hegemony, which would result in the deaths of the innocents you were avoiding. Death by a thousand mosquito bites till it all collapses and another Somali dictator is chased away from Villa Somalia by disgruntled tribal groups led by power-hungry generals and colonels.

Humpty Dumpty is broken and all the kings men and horses won't put him back together without real Islam, not that fake-me-out watered down version of wadaads-belong-in-mosques. It worked in the hell-hole called Moga, it will work for the rest of Somalia.

The fight for Somalia's future is happening right now. Shortcuts will only bring disasterous reruns.

*= Pop Quiz. Who said: "Ina adeeryaalow, hal marlee kursiga igu fadheesiya" 20,30 years ago, Guulwade Jalle Siad Barre also had a collection of fellow dhabo-dhilifs fawning all over him with shameless servitude. Ditto Aideed. Ditto Name-your-warlord. One Dhabo-dhilif follows another.

^^Actually there are reports of Courts men, after securing critical tribal alliances, patrolling in Mogadishu streets!

Even the proposed sham conference is going to be held in Lafoole, I was told, to avoid or minimize the wrath that’s about to fall on Mogadishu!

Perhaps one ought to put things in perspective:

---Courts defeated Mogadishu warlords, restored securities and brought hope for the Somali masses.

---TFG and Ethiopian troops defeated Courts, and brought insecurities with them and shut off the shoots of hope.

Now they are talking about peace ...that can hardly stick...

^ True.

Simple fact is ALL parties must be involved. If they are truly serious about the future of the country then every group must have a say. Even if it is one group that is disenfranchised it will not be worth it.

Will this be conference failure number 14 or was it 15....Will they ever learn?

Originally posted by Cambarro:

Salaam

We have seen how Somalis are compelled to take sides whether it is by their conscience or clan allegience. I prefer that their support is determined by their consciences.

So in your humble opinion, where does Somalia go from here? In bringing peace enjoyed by all to Somalia, how do you think the situation should pan out. Remember..this has to be bloodless solution.

Please for once, lets forget about clans and think of it as though you are living in that place yourselves.

PS. Lets pur our ego and pride aside and think of the 1000s of children dying of mulnutrition. They could have easily been yours or mine. Those people dying on a daily basis could have easily been you or me. Allah doesnt love us more than them. Sometimes it is worth swallowing bitter pill in order to acheive better results for all.

the bitter pill as you put it reflects a poison to us, and by swallowing it, it invites our death and destructions. That is the truth, abaayo.

Now, to come back to the idea of your thread, by participating the conferrence, without any pre-conditions, is by itself a condition to tackle any well-meaning political settle to happen.

Why hold the conferrence now, when we're all under invasion, and not postpone it by a later day when we are all free to discuss and bring a lasting settlement to our political and religious differences?

You said let's forget about clans, and I wonder who is obssessed about clans here other than the clanish warlord, ina Yeey, who spoiled the peace and calm that Reer Xamar had enjoyed for several months.

We can only obtain peace by means of violence, and I say this based on the history of all mankinds, there is no peace to enjoy without paying a price for it. We are in the midst of a just struggle to bring about peace and unity to our people. We only way we can achieve that is to fight the enemy and accept any consequences, be it the whole world fighting with us, like they did two months ago in Southern Somalia.

Sister Cambarro, the solution lies in practising our religion and having our people under the mercy of Allah by practising His good laws. Nothing less will mean anything to us, for we've tired of using their wicked laws for fifty years now.

You keep supporting what you think is good for yourself, and I will do the same, and let's see who comes up the paradise we all seek for Somalia!