Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Obama: The brother is talking tough

obama is gonna win nothing first of all! and this was a big time sucide move. america is tired of war.

homie is really becoming a sad case lately... talk about a nigga with a batch syndrome. I guess, what they say is true about him... hes aint got no substance. he basically shot himself in the foot.

Ayan oops sorry! i mean mad peace! american will never invade paki! even though they know osama is there for sure.

once u got the nuke...aint no mofo gonna mess with yah. peace now!

Xargaga   

Its all politics. The brother blundered in his statement during the U-Tube debate that he would sit down with all anti American leaders and talk. This realy did hurt him now he has to come back in one way or the other and this he found the best. Note even Hillary at some instance eckoed this Same statement. He scored some Points there, but we are yet to know by how far and how long?

Fabregas   

Obama is talking out his behind, so ppl like Peacenow get excited. This is a ploy so that people dont seem as the wussy little liberal democratic. Btw the man is mixed race, his father was a succesufl black Muslim in Kenya. I think he is trying to get the attention of the Ziocons.

As for attacking Pakistan or the Northwestern frontier,they have absolutely no chance. The Pashtun tribesmen are very indepent ppl who have defeated and fought many a invader in their land. Bear in mind the Americans have already been found to target suspects in this area. But it will hane no success as they cant even beat a couple of Taliban in Afghanistan. I wouldne surprised if Hilary starts to call for attacks on Iran or something...........

Fabregas   

Originally posted by peacenow:

ThePoint. no one is talking about a full on invasion.

If you have strong intelligence, you can send missles and drones now to just take care of it. You can also put in special troops.

What he is saying is that if he has that information, he will will take that action without telling the Pakistanis or asking for their permission. Technically it is a invasion, but what can they do? You get the idea.

It wont achieve nothing other than creating more enemies. Anway this aint not serious threat, he is trying to play the tough guy....

Fabregas   

this remind me of a video I was watching the other day,where Ayandaro Ali Hersi was saying the U.S.A should have attacked Saudi Arabia after 911........i guess there would be long cues for petrol eh?

Peacenow   

Khalaf, I think I have answered this questions before, but I will lay out my thinking as these things need and can be updated as time goes by. Above I would say, I'm pragmatic and certainly a realist in most cases.

I would support for example the Asmara group over the TFG. Simply because, I'm dead against Ethiopia in Somalia. Even though, I would differ with the ICU in their vision, these things can shift, and I'm prepared to go with it in the bigger aims of things.

Why would you also ask, I advocate closer links with Black Africa. Because in these time, being associated with the Arabs is not the best idea, when the only superpower has set his eye on them. It is doubly dangerous for Somalis.

I'm not advocating Somalis to leave their religion but my vision of what I want to see in Somalia, strong rubs against with the tenor of islamism that Somalis now advocate. I see it as great challenge. But I also argue that a lot of is simply because of the woeful level of education and the quality of leaders. It is all factors.

To give you a example, the strong conservative undertones of Somalis have now. I have recognized as being recent Gulf Arab influences. Education reduced to just Quran study. How helpful is that.

How would that work alongside my cherished globalized model, with it's sushi bars, lifestyle centers, loft apartments and the consumer society. It would be a obstacle. But I also recognize it doesn't have to hinder it.

But since I'm also pragmatic, I'm prepared to come half away with you. I would accept your mosque next to my sushi bar. As in Dubai.

Now how can we achieve that. Let me tell you how. It would take a sustained growth rate of at least 7% for the next 20 years at the very least. With all the basics done right.

What must be done to get that level.

al

For me the greater goal triumphs, the over riding aim is the nation state. The end game. Kemal Attaturk, believed in that too. We must not be swayed by simple emotional arguements, as

I'm trying to think in a different way, as new ways of thinking and strategy is something we should carefully develop to steer this new path.

A lot of the old ideals have failed. Somethings have remained constant and countries have found that way, rule of the law, secularism, etc. Can Somalia, do so too?

Peacenow   

Khalaf, I think I have answered this questions before, but I will lay out my thinking as these things need and can be updated as time goes by. Above I would say, I'm pragmatic and certainly a realist in most cases.

I would support for example the Asmara group over the TFG. Simply because, I'm dead against Ethiopia in Somalia. Even though, I would differ with the ICU in their vision, these things can shift, and I'm prepared to go with it in the bigger aims of things.

Why would you also ask, I advocate closer links with Black Africa. Because in these time, being associated with the Arabs is not the best idea, when the only superpower has set his eye on them. It is doubly dangerous for Somalis.

I'm not advocating Somalis to leave their religion but my vision of what I want to see in Somalia, strong rubs against with the tenor of islamism that Somalis now advocate. I see it as great challenge. But I also argue that a lot of is simply because of the woeful level of education and the quality of leaders. It is all factors.

To give you a example, the strong conservative undertones of Somalis have now. I have recognized as being recent Gulf Arab influences. Education reduced to just Quran study. How helpful is that.

How would that work alongside my cherished globalized model, with it's sushi bars, lifestyle centers, loft apartments and the consumer society. It would be a obstacle. But I also recognize it doesn't have to hinder it.

But since I'm also pragmatic, I'm prepared to come half away with you. I would accept your mosque next to my sushi bar. As in Dubai.

Now how can we achieve that. Let me tell you how. It would take a sustained growth rate of at least 7% for the next 20 years at the very least. With all the basics done right.

What must be done to get that level.

al

For me the greater goal triumphs, the over riding aim is the nation state. The end game. Kemal Attaturk, believed in that too. We must not be swayed by simple emotional arguements, as

I'm trying to think in a different way, as new ways of thinking and strategy is something we should carefully develop to steer this new path.

A lot of the old ideals have failed. Somethings have remained constant and countries have found that way, rule of the law, secularism, etc. Can Somalia, do so too?

Khalaf   

Peacenow u said: Why would you also ask, I advocate closer links with Black Africa. Because in these time, being associated with the Arabs is not the best idea, when the only superpower has set his eye on them. It is doubly dangerous for Somalis.

Your getting things mixed up sxb. Somalia is part of the Arabic league one, and as ive said before Somalia due to its position in Africa and Islamic traditions has always been linked with Arabiya through trade, education, ect ect. Somalia will always be linked to Arabiya, and to the Muslim Ummah (community). A great example of this is the yearly hajj to Makkah, the land of the Prophet Muhammad scw. The Muslims of Somalia are interlinked with the Muslims of Arabiya, as the prophet scw said the Muslims are like one body, it is part of our creed, do you understand that? Second is the politics issue, I would think someone who claims to be “enlightened” and educated would know more about how world politics works. Its like the cold war games, there was nothing personal against Russia, and communist ideology the problem however was their interests threatened America’s interests. And if you go back during the cold war era, you would see that America allied with and supplied the Mujhideen in Afghanistan (rag tags its against now) or anyone that threatened Russia and was against the communist ideology. The new ideology or “threat” to American interests in global politics be it in the Arab World and beyond is what has been deemed as “Islamic extremism”, those who want to overthrow the corrupt dictators in the Muslim world that were imposed by the US government and replace with it Islamic Rulers and this of course would mean nationalization of crude resources such as oil. The violence and methods by some of these groups is indeed unIslamic and violates the laws of Shariah, however going back to your logic and own arguments that you support the asmara group in the “bigger aims of the things” well the “Rag tags” in Arabiya or Pakistan greater aims are getting rid of foreign troops from the Soils of Arabiya, From Kashmir, from Chechnya, so on and deposing of corrupt dictators. That is why sxb your logic is flawed.

The rest of your post, only leads up to the your conclusion that Somalia needs an Attaturk and secularism to “prosper”. Attaturk was anti-religion and lead a fierce campaign to completely erase Islam and its history in Turkey, in favor of European Model. Well we Muslims are not Europeans, we have our own religion, our own beliefs, our own history, our own values, our own laws , we respect theirs and ours should be respected.

Watch This Video about Islam in Europe with Rageh Omaar