Sign in to follow this  
WILDCAT

Our initial assessment is that they will all die

WILDCAT   

...Just one of the outragious statements thrown out by the Iraqi Information Minister.

The guy has reached cult status apparantly, he now has a site dedicated to him.

I had to share this and this.

A taste of some of the things on the site: Of US troops: "The infidels are committing suicide by the hundreds on the gates of Baghdad."

This had me giggling all weekend. I love this man!

WILDCAT   

The written word does this man little justice. It's the delivery that gets me. It's like he's cracking jokes at a dinner party - totally unfazed by what's going on. He could teach Bush and Blair a thing or two about spin and charisma.

shyhem   

That brother is aparanoid one.I'm not sure what he was using but whatever it was,trust me it will gain instant value in the streets coz that stuff makes u high and distort the reality in such way an Abram tank on u'r face looks like its still on the Kuwaiti boarder.

But i must say the brother was funny with his unrealistic answers like " we have them sorrounded in their tanks" LLOOOOOOLL I'M STILL LAUGHING HARD AT THAT :D

By the way what happend to him after the fall of baghdad,i'm abit rusty on the war,haven't seen tv for almost a week.

Miriam1   

lool he has a site dedicated to him..interesting.

When i heard him say those things, i could not help but pitying him more than anything.

I wonder what happened to Tariq Aziz ? :confused:

WILDCAT   

Originally posted by Shyhem:

By the way what happend to him after the fall of baghdad,i'm abit rusty on the war,haven't seen tv for almost a week.

The Bush administration is headhunting him as their latest spin doctor. He put theirs to shame. :D

Ariadne   

I do feel sorry for him, but I must admit a lot of his qoutes made me laugh or crack a huge smile.

The guys is hysterical in his denial :D:(

He was trying too hard to win the propaganda war. Call him delusional, but he actually believed what he was saying at the time.

"committing suicide" can also be interpreted as having an "excess will to fight". He was probably not expecting a hard ground fight from the Americans, specially after the Iraqis killed some Americans at the Baghdad area.

Do you guys ever wonder why the American death number jumped from 47 to 105 after the war ended? That is why I am not questioning the veracity of some of his statements.

Many analyst say that he was betrayed by Saddam when he ordered the dispersing of the Iraqi troops that was supposed to defend Baghdad in return for an American-engineered escape deal out of Baghdad for Saddam and his closest allies.

Gabbal   

looooooool

""The authority of the civil defense ... issued a warning to the civilian population not to pick up any of those pencils because they are booby traps," he said, adding that the British and American forces were "immoral mercenaries" and "war criminals" for such behavior.

"I am not talking about the American people and the British people," he said. "I am talking about those mercenaries. ... They have started throwing those pencils, but they are not pencils, they are booby traps to kill the children."

"It has been rumored that we have fired scud missiles into Kuwait. I am here now to tell you, we do not have any scud missiles and I don't know why they were fired into Kuwait."

"I triple guarantee you, there are no American soldiers in Baghdad."

Britain "is not worth an old s***"

"I speak better English than this villain Bush"

"Bush is a very stupid man. The American people are not stupid, they are very clever. I can't understand how such clever people came to elect such a stupid president."

"Who is this dog Franks in Qatar?"

"Bush doesn't even know if Spain is a republic or a kingdom, how can they follow this man?"

"They think we are retarded - they are retarded."

"Listen, this explosion does not frighten us any langer. The cruise missiles do not frighten anyone. We are catching them like fish in a river. I mean here that over the past two days we managed to shoot down 196 missiles before they hit their target."

[On surrenders] "Those are not Iraqi soldiers at all. Where did they bring them from?"

This guy is hilarious.

.....and more at al-Sahaf