Sign in to follow this  
Jumatatu

Peacekeeping in Somalia: 'This is not Iraq'

Jumatatu   

The question of peacekeeping troops still lingers on...

Troops for Somalia now or never..!

"There is no question about going in there to impose something," Bendana told journalists at the start of a two-day Somalia planning meeting at the African Union headquarters in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia...."This is not Iraq. No one has a right to go and impose on another government -- on a people that has not solicited it."...."There is relative urgency. But mistakes in deployment can cost us very dearly and not just in terms of lives, but in terms of being able to generate broad-based support," he noted.......

Muhammad Ali Foum, the AU’s special envoy for Somalia, said they hope an AU military observer mission can go in at the "earliest opportunity" and lay the groundwork for an eventual peacekeeping force.

The question in here is and will always stand who needs to discuss the dilema, the Member of Parliament of the New Federal Transitional Government of Somalia or the AU..?

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

Somalis wa dhaqomo
icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

I think u mean , 'doqomo'..! Mind you that will include all, even those who are half, quarter and full Somalis...eh..eh :D

Rahima   

Ofcourse Somalia Not Iraq cause Somalis wa dhaqomo

LOOOL :D . Alla so true!

But deary, considering that it is your father who is Somali, it matters not- no such thing as half Somali. You are Somali sweety, hence like the rest of us :D .

Let's all be happy in the land of the doqomo :D

OG_Girl   

LooL you two are hasedeen dee. I was trying to fool my self and act nothing to do with me with "Land of Doqomo" Damn seems the gene is strong. Though thanks for bringing me to Earth hasedeen wahed :D:D

Salam