Sign in to follow this  
Ms MoOns

Wedding Planners

Blessed   

MsMoon,

It's so personal sis, does dressing up twice appeal to you? It never did for me, so I didn't go that route but I've seen sisters rock two dresses nicely. It tends to work better with tradional dress weddings. I never wore guntiino myself too but have seen a lot of beutiful brides in them. I'd go for a tailored 'guntiino dress' so you're secure.. :D Are you planning to have a cake as well? Or going proper tradional with garaw and caano?

Ms MoOns   

Aaliyyah sweety, how would Mr Adam know when I'm getting married? I don't think I mentioned a date somewhere here, did I? :D

& I don't mind you trolling here, do whatever pleases you. I'm actually enjoying you're comments with Chimera & Malika, quite interesting. :D

Anyways, I am actually interested in the dressing up, Blessed ^^ Should be alright though. I'm definitely going for the tailored Guntiino, thanks.

Maybe a bit naive asking this, but heck, what is garaw & caano? Obviously caano is milk. But what is garaw?

Now, about the white dress. I don't think it’s bad to wear a white dress, without looking at the Christian/Jewish traditions. It's just not my thing really. I'ma have to skip that. It never appealed to me nor did I have a certain urge to wear the 'white dress' on my wedding.

My main concern is definitely the colours. Aaliyyah, red sounds nice. Not sure what colour looks good on me though ^^ I've got a not too dark skin tone, chocolate brown-ish I suppose. Should I go for warm colours then?

Aaliyyah   

Aaliyyah sweety, how would Mr Adam know when I'm getting married? I don't think I mentioned a date somewhere here, did I? [big Grin]

& I don't mind you trolling here, do whatever pleases you. I'm actually enjoying you're comments with Chimera & Malika, quite interesting. [big Grin]

loool I am not really sure why I believed him. You are right how the hell would he know..

Thanks for the sweet comment too ...

Maybe a bit naive asking this, but heck, what is garaw & caano? Obviously caano is milk. But what is garaw?

I was trying to help you so I googled garaw loool and to no avail I couldnt find what it means. Sorry...so we will just wait for blessed or maybe I will ask my mom later..stay tuned lol

Now, about the white dress. I don't think it’s bad to wear a white dress, without looking at the Christian/Jewish traditions. It's just not my thing really. I'ma have to skip that. It never appealed to me nor did I have a certain urge to wear the 'white dress' on my wedding.

Mashallah that is nice. Blessed is kind of right deentu way tidhi dhaqanka dadka kale iska duwa inkasto if one's intention is just to look good and pure maybe ilaahay will understand lol

My main concern is definitely the colours. Aaliyyah, red sounds nice. Not sure what colour looks good on me though ^^ I've got a not too dark skin tone, chocolate brown-ish I suppose. Should I go for warm colours then?

Yes you should sis. Warm colors will definitely stand out and suit your skin tone.

Blessed   

Excuse the typo, garow can be many things, like sareen / qamaadi, hadhuudh. Wheat / grains cooked simply in water. Traditionally the bride and groom would be given hadhuudh (small round grains- sorry don't know the english name) mixed and cooked with hail milk, subag and a bit of sugar (yumm) or just xawaash (yukk).

As for colours, there are so many possibilities.. I think red is nice for a bride with gold but it really depends on the actual fabric, shop arround with a few good friends...

Juxa   

ninbaa wuxuu yiri aabe timirtii horeba dab loo waa!!

we must show patience to our young sisters balse what malika said about the importance of qiimaha qofka dhageysta gabdhow.

10k or even 20k is something you can make yourself when you finish your studies insha allah. i cont put monetary value on myself, i just cont, how can a lady put valuation on her diamonte self bal? waa yaab......ask something personal and valuable to you and your relationship

blessed i hope you kept that hido iyo dhaqan for when your daughter marries my son insha allah

moon-ligh macan badan, try burgendy with gold as alternative to red, you will be suprised

Ismalura   

Qimaha iyo wax heysashada ma aha mutually exclusive. We can marry nin qiima leh who can also take good care of our family. Of course hadii ha la kala doorta la dhaho waa sheeka kale but some lucky girls have it all and it is not too ambitious to expect that smile.gif ....

Ms MoOns   

Blessed, I'll have to taste the garow and caano first, 'cause I don't think I'm familiar with it :D I'll let you know if I did end up using it or not. Not sure about the cake though. Probably not. Maybe something else as dessert?

Juxa dear, you have enlightened me :D Burgundy & Gold looks brilliant together. A nice shade of burgundy does really look good with gold.

Am definitely gonna keep that in mind. Thanks.

Juxa   

you welcome hon, just concentrate on whats important to you and dhag ha u dhigin caraweelo crew.

fidno yeysan kaa galin guurkaada

Aaliyyah   

Hope this answers ur earlier question abt the meher price...

U can also watch all the other parts. It is so beneficial. Mashallah

salaam

Ms MoOns   

I could swear there was much more said after this lool

Anyways, I've learned one valuable thing here from dear Juxa

With all the planning and prioritising.....one must know tii alle qore uunbaa socon.

I could try n plan as much as I can .. lakinse it's better to just get to know each other really well, ^

n make compromises, that'll keep both parts happy ^^