Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland is the only solution for Somalia

^^

Duke, with all due respect, Although our state is doing much better than the secessionist enclave up north and the anarchist south, I still think there is scarcely any serious amount of political progress and public security which is sufficient enough for our civilians, to justify this kind of boasting; not that I have anything against boasting per se --or the gloating over our rival's political misfortunes :D -- but still, I am of the belief that it's a little premature for us to pat ourselves on the back just yet, since we both know, even though Puntland has come far, we still have a long way to go.

NASSIR   

Devolution of power to the vast 18 regions of Somalia is indeed the solution. PL just like SL is a bottom-up model of governance. I believe if a cluster of these regions form a state under a federal admin, we shouldn't oppose as the days of Mogadishu being the center and arbiter of every social need/service are gone.

Yes allthough there are some setbacks that jeopardisng the current status of puntland politically, socialy and economically, if the present administration takes some measures aimed to overcome these challenges it could become an epitome of somalia, since it such geniune factors which other entities of somalia are lacking at least at the moment

puntland can't be a solution because its too clan based, proof of my statement is the splintering of 'makhiir land'.

the consequences of having tribal mini states will be tremendous, as citizen who don't hail from the clans that inhibits the state will be marginalized causing them to exodus to their mini states, which will result to segregation that will deepen the rift between fellow citizens that will only result in instability.

puntland -to some extent- functions because of the homogeneity - same clan- of its inhabitants, the same model cannot function in the rest of Somalia.

Saalax   

Originally posted by Beer-Gaal:

Neither secessionist enclave is the Solution for Somalia !!!cajiib.naah??

I never claimed that somaliland was the solution for somalia? Somaliland is the solution for somaliland people uun, somalia need to find their own solutions. ;)