Sign in to follow this  
codetalker

Somaliland on Sanaag conflict

While Puntland pres Cadde Muuse poses for pictures with Range Resources in Boosaaso, the conflict in Sanaag region has the potential of getting much bigger.

Somaliland sports minister Mohamud Said Mohamed(from Sanaag region) interview with Radio Horyaal in which he makes threats from his peaceful office in Hargeisa (Radio Horyaal's tribalist comments don't go unnoticed redface.gif ).

SNM factions UCID and Kulmiye press release on Sanaag conflict.

In kasta oo waajibka kowaad ee sugida Xuduudaha iyo difaaca Dalku uu saaran yahay Dawlada, hadana Asxaabta Mucaaridku, waxay mar kasta taageero diyaar ula yihiin talaabo kasta oo lagu badbaadinaayo jiritaanka Dalka iyo Dadka Somaliland.

But the important thing for the Puntland leaders is to pose for pictures instead of realistically dealing with this looming conflict.

BoiBoi   

The sports minister? you make me laugh...What are they going to do? send their Football team? Sounds like he is jealous that Range haven't spoken with him. :D

Stop propagating nonesense, there is small border skirmishes. Sanaag is peaceful.

"Xuduuda ingriisna ma xidhin talyaanina ma xidhine dadka ayaa xidhay... " Horyaal interview time:26:00

:D

I've heard similar stories along those lines before. The locals were asked which of the two sides they wanted to join and they opted for the SL side. Waa waagii qabyaaladdu dadka aanay madaxmarin ee maskaxda dadku ku shaqaynjiray. Looks like people are beginning to using their brains once again. :D

Taleexi   

I've heard similar stories along those lines before. The locals were asked which of the two sides they wanted to join and they opted for the SL side. Waa waagii qabyaaladdu dadka aanay madaxmarin ee maskaxda dadku ku shaqaynjiray. Looks like people are beginning to using their brains once again.

Hope this logic is also apply to the people from your area. ;)

Gabbal   

Suldaanka

Do you think that the people of eastern Sanaag's opinions toward Somaliland have changed? I certainly don't think so, what say you?

I'm starting to think the majority of "Somalilanders" are daft when it comes to the Sool/Sanaag issue and why those folks are not with them. Do they realize how much ideology weighs in the issue? Do they realize how much secessionism, or the wanting of it, weighs in the issue? Me thinks not!

Originally posted by Suldaan Nacasdiid:

quote:

"Xuduuda ingriisna ma xidhin talyaanina ma xidhine dadka ayaa xidhay... " Horyaal interview time:26:00

:D

I've heard similar stories along those lines before. The locals were asked which of the two sides they wanted to join and they opted for the SL side. Waa waagii qabyaaladdu dadka aanay madaxmarin ee maskaxda dadku ku shaqaynjiray. Looks like people are beginning to using their brains once again.
SULDAANKA -

I honestly can't say I'm disappointed that you, of all people, found Mr. Maxamed Siciid's tribalist comments amusing (esp the comment you highlighted). His deep hatred for Reer Bari/Nugaal/Mudug is redundant throughout the interview with his direct clan references. I believe that Mr. Maxamed, as representative of the SL gov't, should've chosen his words more carefully but because he delved into a mediocre tribal argument (instead of focusing on SL border policy), his entire argument transformed into another meaningless fadhi-ku-dirir segment. (Maxamed Siciid's tribalist argument actually strengthens Puntland's clan-based argument for ownership of Sool and Sanaag region.)

Secondly, on the SL side, this is strictly a border policy issue, is it not? Strange that the "sports minister" is tapped on the back to speak on behalf of SL gov't. The reason: his sub-clan lives in Sanaag! Some "democracy," huh.

Also, SULDAANKA, I remember asking you before in a diff debate if Mr. Qaybe could go to his constituent district of Buuhoodle and you gave me a series of unsatisfactory, mumbo-jumbo answers. Same question applies here: Can Mr. Maxamed Siciid go to Dhahar or Majiyahan? SL's Sool & Sanaag puppet-politicians amplify the meaning of "Habar fadhida lagdin la fududaa." Markii la arkaba Hargaysa bay ka soo ciyaan.

Horn,

The issue of Lascaanod iyo eastern Sanaag are one that Somaliland needs to take its time to solve.

You have to know that the process takes time. So give it time.

Cheap.Talker

My old pal, you never sieze to vomit nonsense, or do you?

Mohamed Saciid, whether you like or not, is a man who hails from that region. And just like others who are in Biadoa, he has his own opinions about what is going on in that part of the region. Now, ma waxaad leeday, just because he is a minister in Somaliland, he has no say in it?

Also, SULDAANKA, I remember asking you before in a diff debate if Mr. Qaybe could go to his constituent district of Buuhoodle and you gave me a series of unsatisfactory, mumbo-jumbo answers. Same question applies here: Can Mr. Maxamed Siciid go to Dhahar or Majiyahan? SL's Sool & Sanaag puppet-politicians amplify the meaning of "Habar fadhida lagdin la fududaa." Markii la arkaba Hargaysa bay ka soo ciyaan.

Well... adiga in indhahaaga oo shan ah lagu tuso mooye wax kale lagugu aamusiin kari maayo, so I chose to not reply here.

ps

weren't you the one that used to preach here that, if Qaybe retires from Parliamentary Chairman, he will oppose Somaliland or something along those lines? :??:

N.O.R.F   

Suldaan asks:

Mohamed Saciid, whether you like or not, is a man who hails from that region. And just like others who are in Biadoa, he has his own opinions about what is going on in that part of the region. Now, ma waxaad leeday, just because he is a minister in Somaliland, he has no say in it?

Dont forget he is the sports minister saxib, so lets deviate away from the conflict and have a pop at the minister and SL :rolleyes: . A sports minister who is part of an elected govnt i might add.

Talker says

Secondly, on the SL side, this is strictly a border policy issue, is it not? Strange that the "sports minister" is tapped on the back to speak on behalf of SL gov't. The reason: his sub-clan lives in Sanaag! Some "democracy,"

If you are against him speaking on the issue, does that not contradict your "the lands of Sool of Sanaag belong to tribe X and therefore SL has no right to it" argument. Or is it in the name of 'nationalism' again? :confused: Try to be more consistent in future, you are being watched ;)

carry on,,,,