Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

TFG militia standby watch as Somali woman is stripped naked by their Tikray cousins

Chimera   

Waxa igu daran Xabashi siday ugu cabsanayaan, oo Soomaalida kale iskugu taagayaan

Like Fouad Siniora of Lebanon and his pathetic crying when his people were being bombed into the next century by Israel, he did nothing but when he had to face Palestinian groups suddenly he became a lion

cowards...

Baashi   

Right on.

Kashafa now ya know awoowe. Negative tribalism is a much bigger force than Islam. Your herous are far outnumbered by the disciples of the other side. Ya got eight million Muslim strong Somalis humbled by about forty thousand Habasha. Ya got the home advantage, ya got numbers on ur side, ya got the cause, ya got burning fire in the stomach yet the resistence are hiding and engaiging hit and run kinda battle!

Do ya see the light now Kashafa. Believe you me I'm ashamed and embarrassed about Habasha forces on Somali soil killing and maiming Muslim Somalis but the thing is I'm not shocked and I know for a fact that once Somali core issues are dealt with, Habasha's stay in Somalia is numbered.

The question is how the hell ya approach resolving this effing issue. Civil war and ninkii roon reerka ha u haro? Negative. Resistence? Admirable but negative. Reconciliation? That's it. How? Where? Under what terms all these are legit questions that needs to be addressed but for once use ur mind and don't consult ur heart plz.

Gabbal   

Kismaayo iyo reer Gedo haday xitaa Maskiin-Macruuf dhanka Maxaakiimta u jihaysay waa Alle mahadiis. :D:D

Kashafa   

Great discussion overall although it veered from the inital topic. Jimcaale and Horn seem to be disputing this story, I'd like to hear their reasoning. Calling Kismayonews a liar just because it doesn't help your cause(Horn) doesn't cut it.

I'd like to continue some of the strong points made by Geel-Jire while also replying to the myths(for the lack of a better word) that are continuously peddled here on SOL.

Myth I: "We need to form a united pan-Somali movement that can be an alternative to the TFG once it's gone. That should be the priority right now rather than useless fighting against the all-powerful occupation forces. We should focus all our efforts and plan for the post-TFG stage while keeping a low-profile(ie ‘surrender’ militarily)"

On it's face, it's not a bad proposition. In fact, it's something that should be given serious thought. Two major flaws tho:

a) It assumes the TFG will be gone or go on it's own. It also assumes the occupation isn't here to stay(or so it plans). Naiveness maxaa lagaa dahaa! Do you think inay TFG-ga iska tagayso by itself ? As the maah-maah goes, Nin tag lama daho, waxuu ku tago aala tosaa. In this effort of ours to liberate Somalia, both a political(reconciliation and whatnot) and military solution are needed, but make no mistake about it, there is no alternative to guerilla warfare while Somalia remains under occupation. Cold hard thinking would have that. Simple matter of leverage. If somebody can't hurt you physically, you have no incentive to listen to them. Another maah-maah: Ninkii waran-keesa ku galin, warkiisa kuma galo. If 10 million Somalis today join their voices, open a political office in London, and bombard the UN with phone calls and demonstrations, it would not change one single damn fact on the ground. I get the feeling that some nomads are too caught up in this Martin Luther King "We-Shall-OverCome" non-violence theory. Admirable no doubt, but this ain't Atlanta, Georgia. This is Gun-Rulez, Somalia. Y'all need to get with the program.....as it’s happenin’ on the ground.

b) It’s a textbook example of ‘paralysis by analysis’. You guys are sweating the details of whats to come in 5 years time(post-TFG era) while marginalising what needs to be done now. Like a girl who meets a guy she likes(or vice versa) and is already worrying over their house furniture. A wedding that may or may not take place. How do you know the TFG and the Ethiopians will be gone ? Who and what can keep the TFG from extending their term to another 20 years ? What force can prevent the Xabash from staying for another century like they have in Kilinka Shanaad ? The political process you say, and I laugh !!! Let’s get real here, ppl. “Qoriga Caaridheesa”(the barrel of the rifle) is the only thing that can will cause the enemy to think twice about staying. Baashi, this isn't the heart talking, this is Real-Politik. For those of you who still don’t believe in the effectiveness of the resistance, you might wanna take a look at Hezbollah and how they forced Israel to end their occupation of Southern Lebanon by waging a low-level protracted insurgency for 20 years. I'm sure they got their fair share of naysayers and cynics, talkin' bout "Isreal is greatest military might in the M.E., ain't no chance of winning, we should pursue this through diplomatic channels and the UN". But Hezb, being the smart students of guriella warfare, didn't pay them no mind. Today, they are the most popular political party across the M.E. and in Lebanon, cutting across enthic and religous lines.

Whaddaya got to say about that ?

Myth II:"It is utterly wrong to associate the noble resistance(muqaawama) with tribal militias and other shady groups, who have a common goal: Kicking out the Xabashis and ending this farce known as the TFG"

In principle, I agree. Matter of fact, a few weeks ago, I was 100% in favour. Cold reality, however, has a way of forcing new perspectives.

Who woulda thought that the most respected man in Somali politics, Shaykh Shariif of the ICU would meet with, let alone become an ally of, Aideed Jr, a despicable traitor son of a even more despicable warlord ? Politics tho, and the greater good, has a way of making strange asxaab. I was all "Heeeeeell Naaah, How could you, Shaykh ?" when I first heard, but after analysing the whole thing, it really is the politically prudent move to make. Long explanation, maybe another thread.

Same situation in Kismayo, Qoryooley, and Qalaafo, where tribal militias have taken over. Regardless of their motives, they are helping in eroding the authority of the TFG as well as giving operating room to the ICU fighters. This is a strategic and tactical gain on our end, on Somalia’s end. Why reject the oppurtunity ? Sorry, "It's not noble" is not good reason enough. Another example(hey, I'll keep'em coming till u concede smile.gif )

Back in March and April when the resistance fighters were inflicting heavy damages on occupation forces, damages that were so lethal that the Tikrays had to call in reinforcements from Baidoba and Kismayo(paving the way for K-town to fall, see how the pieces of the puzzle fall into place once you start making moves ? it’s all about action) and start shelling the city indiscriminately…….Question…. back then, who was doing the fighting ? Most people would agree that the bulk of the fighting was being done by the Al-Shabaab and the Courts, but there was also a sizeable tribal contingent that was also fighting bravely and assisting the Courts. There was, at least, a basic level of co-ordination between the two. But if you were to leave it to the armchair analysts on SOL, they would condemn such a strategic alliance on weak grounds like “it’s not right to ally yourself with tribal militia” or “if you arm them now, how will you disarm them later”

Let me be clear: I’m not endorsing or supporting any tribal militia. I know that, for the most part, they are calooshooda uushaqeystalaal who would double-cross you in no time, as MMA pointed out. But you gotta make do with the cards you’re dealt. “Al-Xarbu Khidca” was the saying of the Prophet(PBUH). Let them play their games, we(the resistance proper) will play ours. Currently our interests are aligned: Fight the TFG, and by extension, the Ethiopians. I have yet to see an effective argument of why we shouldn’t take advantage of our common ground.

Akhyaarta, Tribal militia, are a reality on the ground and a force to be reckoned with. They will play a role one way or the other in this conflict all over Somalia. Since they are tribal, they cannot provide a nationalistic vision, but we can use them to our(anti-occupation) benefit. The same way(Cara, pay attention here) the Courts incorporated Indhocade’s drug-running militia into their ranks after victory was gained. The same way they were disbanded and sent to ‘rehabilitation’ camps outside the cities. It’s called de-fanging the snake, but for now, if played properly, these snakes are a strategic plus. Watch and see.

Where is Paragon when you need him? Yo, P, help me out here, sxb. Waala igu goobtay :D

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

Same situation in Kismayo, Qoryooley, and Qalaafo, where tribal militias have taken over. Regardless of their motives, they are helping in eroding the authority of the TFG as well as giving operating room to the ICU fighters. This is a strategic and tactical gain on our end, on Somalia’s end. Why reject the oppurtunity ? Sorry, "It's not noble" is not good reason enough.

]

Whatever your political position maybe, one cannot help but concede that you are a very genuine guy. May alle raise more of you from among us adeer! :D

One thing you need to learn, however, is how to read people and how to read people's opinions. People you might believe are with you, based on their speech, are not necessarily with you and people you believe are against you are not necessarily against you. I won't explain this any more then that, but I am sure you will come to learn in time. smile.gif