Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

TFG militia standby watch as Somali woman is stripped naked by their Tikray cousins

Kashafa   

Waxaa dhacday inay gabadh xijaabani soo martay bar kantarool oo ay wada jir u joogaan koox ka tirsan ciidama Gumaysiga iyo kuwa Soomaali ah isla markaana ay gabadhii qabteen oo dharkii ka dhigeen. Hadaba gabadhii oo sidii hooyadeed ku dhashay ah ayay laba dible gaadhi ugu xidheen kadibna mid ka mid ah askartii Gumaysiga ayaa intuu qalin qaatay gabadha caloosheedii ku feegaaray oo ku qoray far jaantoodii sawirka geedaha u ekeed.

Waxaa wax laga murugooda, laga ciishooda lagana ficillooda ah falka anshax xumada ah ee ciidamada Tigreegu kula keceen gabadha Soomaaliyeed ee Muuminadda ah,
waxaase wax lala yaabo ah ragga Soomaaliyeed ee sidii ayagoo filim daawanaya gabadh walaashood ah hortooda lagu faro-xumeeyay

Source

And simpeltons wonder why the resistance rages on unabated.

Kun shilin for the first dhabo-dhilif to say this was a 'manufactured incident'.

Kashafa   

lol@Cara.The link works now. Your thoughts ?

Che, The resistance is an umbrella term for anybody, regardless of political affiliation, that's fighting against the Tikray/TFG occupation.

This would include, for example, the tribal militias that took over Kismayo.

Nitpicking about who's a real wadani and who's not, who's tribally motivated and who's not, doesn't serve the interests of the Somali people at this dark hour of our history, kickin' Xabashi/TFG @ss does.

It is not nitpicking or labeling each other. It is about understanding that we are truely divided nation,and realising our interests would be better served in unity. Other than Kismayo and Mogadisho, I can't think of other Somalis are picking arms against Ethios. That says alot about the mind state of the Somali people.

The Ethios are simple here cuz of Somali disunity and indiffirence. No amount of car bombs will make them leave Mogadisho as long as rest of Somalia watches everything from the sidelines. We need a concerted movement that acknowledges our past ugly history, transcends Qabiil and ideologies,and assures the interests of all Somalis.

Pinning your hopes on tribal militias or suicide bombers is simply futile.

Kashafa   

We need a concerted movement that acknowledges our past ugly history, transcends Qabiil and ideologies,and assures the interests of all Somalis

I fully agree with you here. The closet we ever came to having such a movement was between Jun '06 and Jan'07, to international,national acclaim and recognition. The powers-that-be decided that since the movement was Islamist in nature, it had to go. And go it did. Temporarily that is. It now has regrouped and is the vangaurd of all the groups fighting the TFG/Tikray alliance.

Other than Kismayo and Mogadisho, I can't think of other Somalis are picking arms against Ethios

True say. Now what to do ? Do we sit on our behind and wait for that perfect utopian Unity movement that would have the support of ALL Somalis(and impossible task) ? Or do we do what we can in combating the Xabashi/TFG enemy ?

Yes, it's crucial to gain the support of as many Somalis as possible, but principles and objectives should never be held hostage to popular opinion. Things would go much more easier for the Resistance if they had uanimous pan-Somali support, but you can best believe that they're not gonna ask permission to defend their deenta, dalka, and dadka.

Donald Rumsfeld(in his few moments of wisdom):" You don't go to war with the army you wish for, You go to war with the army you have"

We're going to war with the army we have, with all of it's weaknesses, mistakes, and errors. Is you in or is you in ?

Pinning your hopes on tribal militias or suicide bombers is simply futile

Heh. The resitance ya Che is much more than tribal militias and suicide bombers, although they may include elements from both.

I remember people who were projecting a similar pessmistic forecast back in June of last year when the Courts were fighting the battle-hardened, seemingly-invincible M.ooriyaan. In the space of a few weeks, the warlord era waa ku daysay thanks to no other than 'tribal militia and suicide bombers'.

Something tells me that the Somali nation will once more be thankful for liberating them a 2nd time.

Resistance in Kismayo, eh? By their own admission, Kismayo’s militia does not represent a resistance---that’s what Geedi and co unsuccessfully depicted them to be. It was far from the truth, and it failed to stick. Disgruntled? Yes. But that they are resistance is just not true. Who are they resisting against yaa Kashafa? A particular clan who, they admit they want to reconcile with? The tfg whose authority and tacit permission they control the city? The Ethiopians, who are no longer there?

The resistance is there. No denying it. There's tribal elements in them. NO denying that either. But there is some communication and understanding between the tribal elements and the leaders of the Islamic fighters. There are some common goals to achieve. But it’s utterly wrong to associate every dissatisfied group with resistance adeer, it supposed to be nobler than that.

Kashafa   

^^ It's called the Least Common Denominater(LCD) and we took it in the 3rd grade, yaa Xiin :D

I know that there's tribal beef going down in K-town, but that tribal beef is to our(our, being all anti-occupation Somalis) advantage when it culminates in weaking the TFG and shredding it's authority. Think about it. A decentralized, weakened thru in-fighting TFG = our oppurtunity and gain.

Fighting the TFG and the Axbaash is our LCD, when we speak in practical terms. And we simply can't afford to be too discriminating at this point and time. At the risk of sounding simplistic, the equation goes like this: Fight Tikray/TFG = Good. Accept Tikray/TFG = Bad.

The tribal militias and other unsavoury groups can and will be put in their places once Somalia is liberated. But for now, they're fighting our war for us.

Gotta be pragmatic, brah.

Cara.   

Che, The resistance is an umbrella term for anybody, regardless of political affiliation, that's fighting against the Tikray/TFG occupation.

I think that's where we differ, Kashafa. The resistance ought to be united by a political vision, not opposition to the TFG as such. The TFG will soon be history, one way or another. Then what? If we arm and support clan militias, opportunistic warlords and a ragtag army of Islamist rebels, merely because they will fight against the TFG for myriad contradictory reasons, where will it get us? What will we do with them after?

The tribal militias and other unsavoury groups can and will be put in their places once Somalia is liberated. But for now, they're fighting our war for us.

By who? How? Why can't this group who will defeat the clan militias later defeat the TFG now? Ever heard of magical thinking?

RedSea   

TFG bay wax nooga dhigayaan. Awood ay isku difaacana maleh, tayo ay wax ku qabtaana maleh. Waa magac kaliyah oo qalalan.

It now has regrouped and is the vangaurd of all the groups fighting the TFG/Tikray alliance.

Who are these groups and what are their objectives other being opposed to the Tigray presence. Do they share the same political and military gaols as it relates to the occupation and the revival of the Somali state which is the only to ensure that Somali interests are protected in the Horn. Mind you people with diverse political and militaristic goals will lead us back to choas that made it possible for the Ethios to come into Somalia in the first place.

True say. Now what to do ? Do we sit on our behind and wait for that perfect utopian Unity movement that would have the support of ALL Somalis(and impossible task) ? Or do we do what we can in combating the Xabashi/TFG enemy ?

You don't have to halt everything to gain support. What the courts has to do is to build consensus (while carrying on with their fight)by formulating their stated goals and sharing their message with the Somali masses and also directly engaging with all aspects of the Somali society. Only through direct engagements could we eliminate the mistrust and confusion among Somalis.

It is my sincere majority of Somalis object the invasion and would fight to expel the occupiers. But majority also want the return of the Somali state, a state that would ensure the safety and the interests of all Somalis regardles of their Qabiil, political and ideological affliations.

I remember people who were projecting a similar pessmistic forecast back in June of last year when the Courts were fighting the battle-hardened, seemingly-invincible M.ooriyaan. In the space of a few weeks, the warlord era waa ku daysay thanks to no other than 'tribal militia and suicide bombers'.

The miracle of 06 was result of reer Mogadisho abandoning the thieves that made their lives a living hell during the past 16 yrs. The courts won only cuz the masses in Mogadisho wanted a better future for themselves and the courts. For its credit, the courts presented an honest leadership though be politically inexperienced leadership that transcended Qabyaalad and was truely interested in the well being of the people. They can provide the same honest leadership to the Somali.

Aligning themselves with tribal militias is short sighted thing to do as tribal militias are more interested in settling old scores among Somalis rather fighting to preserve their nation.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

There is no such resistance and no one is fighting anyone else's cause. Kismaayo's true resistance was against those who wore a red cimaamad on their heads and tribal shirt on their backs!

The people of Kismaayo support law and order and bringing back the state with all its institutions intact. I think they have explained that perfectly. No need to put words on their mouth. No such thing as a muqaawama exists young man. Everyone is fighting for their own interests and the majority of the people in Mogadishu, I believe, are fighting for theirs. Not any more noble then anyone else, but understandable yes it can be labeled. Hadalka kala saar.

p.s. "Kismaayonews" is the number on leader of false news currently, they have overtaken Godeynews and Qaadiisiya.

Fabregas   

Quote:There is no such resistance and no one is fighting anyone else's cause.

Yes there is and was a Somali resistance who came from all Somali clans and regions and soaked their blood all over Somalia in order to defend their Deen and land. These men will be remembered in Somali history for their dedication and heroism.

Quote:Kismaayo's true resistance was against those who wore a red cimaamad on their heads and tribal shirt on their backs!

What happened to that resistance now? Why is that resistance not bravely removing the moryaan romaing around the town causing havoc. Were the "fake wadaads" any worser than the current crop roaming Kismaayo?

Quote:The people of Kismaayo support law and order and bringing back the state with all its institutions intact.

Does that mean they support the T.F.G? Or will "Kismaayo" whatever that means sit by for years whilst their town and livelihood is destroyed by lowlife thugs? What exactly is your solution or proposal for Kismaayo? Clan ruled militias such as Bare Hiraale? On the one hand you appear extremely hostile to the I.C.U. But we can forget about them because they won't be making a return any time soon.Whilst on the other you appear equally critical of Geedi and co.

^I believe that you are on to someting here yaa camel boy :D .

Kismayo’s best days in the last sixteen days were realized when the wadaads were ruling it. Save from few politically disgruntled folks and noisy qaad merchants, the city was slowly but surely recovering from its dark days it spent under the southern warlord rule. Xasan turk did what many failed to do; he started to evict looters from the premises they took by force. I said here then on these boards that his original justice will be forever remembered. There were few minor slips here and there, but when measured as a whole the man and his admin were mercy on the people of Kismayo. Those who oppose then opposed him because they didn’t like the justice he brought to the city, and I am NOT talking about politics here. They were primarily the remnants of the coalition that held the city before the Courts took over. No admin will sit well with those who have the mentality of ruling…just for the name of it as long they don’t see themselves in the picture.

To associate current militia with any cause is really missing the point in the whole saga. As I corrected brother Kashafa on this I really don’t see any value in building alliances with known thugs. Today the issue of Kismayo is totally on a different level. I don’t even believe is clannish anymore. I think it’s just armed militia that happens to be in a big city with no authority to restrain them. They kill and rob indiscriminately. They are just fending for themselves, as they are not regularly paid soldiers. Of course if attacked they will defend themselves and the members of their kin, but that’s just being Somali and not necessarily an indication of politically organized group that have an agenda for the city. Besides they always say, or their spokespersons say, that they don’t oppose this tfg.