Sign in to follow this  
cabdi-casse

New Republic...

If Somalia wants to be united again, they have to first convince SL to rejoin, and convince PL they can be stable again. The only way they can convince us Landers is to change the capital from Mogadishu to Hargeysa (some free qat might make a difference icon_razz.gif ) - this is due to many reasons, for e.g when a president is ill his deputy takes charge, well Hargeysa is still the second capital, so I would say let Mogadishu get better, and let Hargeysa be the capital indefinitely. Next so that everyone is happy Mogadishu can be the second capital, and Bosasso can be the main port city. Other cities such as berbera can be the second port city.

Next with both SL and PL on board they have to disarm all types of militias, religious rebel groups (al-shabab), and make sure the habashis and AU withdraw their troops. Only after this is done can Somalia start to rebuild, whilst xamar is recovering, Hargeysa and Bosasso can bring up the economy.

Finally we need to change somethings so that we cannot associate ourselves with previous governments:

Name: PEOPLES SOMALI REPUBLIC

Flag: Theres no way we can change this; if it aint broke why fix it

250px-Flag_of_Somalia.svg.png

Coat of Arms: Its nice but why the leopards? change them with camels and the spears with bakoorads then its nice. :D

somali_coa_n3982.gif

Anthem: Yet again nice but very old, but we can change it easily as we have many talented poets who could easily write it for us and this time choose a song which doesn't sound like opera but sounds like Somali music.

After this, I say when choosing the president we allow three parties from North, East and South to run for presidency then its up to the people to decide. Also the mayor for each region I say mix up the clans to where they represent i.e. a mayor from north will be mayor in south, the one from south to be mayor in east and the one from east to be mayor in north.

Finally the big problem with NFD and Somali Galbeed: me personally I would say lets stick with what we got, but knowing Somalis then I would say lets get our act together first then lets kick those habash and kenyan butts. ;)

money   

The Somali flag is amazingly beautiful. I have it on my living room, on top of the TV beside the Holly Book (Quran)

A friend of mine likes to say that each one of us is a thread of the flag ( dunta calanka) and each one should keep his thread clean from the dirt (Clan BS) and don't take your thread out - (ha go'in, ha goboleeysan )

The Zack   

^^ That sounds great but the problem is Somalis don't like each other. They just don't! That is when we are being very honest about the current situation in Somalia. Somalis from South don't like those from East, those from East don't like those from North, those from North don't like those from West, and those from West don't like those from North. Sheekadaan afka caaraddiisa ah ee Somali waa Somali haku lu gu'in, runtii haddii daacad loo hadlayo Somalidu waa dad si zaa'id ah isu neceb, xaasidna isku ah. Taas waxaa caddeyn kara marka wax xun uu ka dhaco gobol kale sidey isugu farxaan ama ugu yaraan isugu qoslaan.Waxaa kaloo caddeyn u ah marka dagaal beeleed oo gobol ka qarxo, just watch how everybody reacts to it, it is very RARE in qof Somali ah uu qabiilkiisa kasoo horjeedsado oo uu yiraahdo walee qabiilkeygu arintaas iyada ah wuu ku khaldan yahay. Kaaga darane every clan believes that its people are superior to other clans.

P.s. There is small number of somalis who are still patriotic.

A friend of mine likes to say that each one of us is a thread of the flag ( dunta calanka) and each one should keep his thread clean from the dirt (Clan BS) and don't take your thread out - (ha go'in, ha goboleeysan )

Calanka is beautiful. There was even a site of a non-Soomaali's man's opinion about the most beautiful flags around. Soomaali one was, I think, one of the top three.

And yea, I myself do have some calamo around. My keychain calanka iyo the map of Soomaaliya ka sameysanyahay. My room's wall qaarad Soomaaliweyn calanka ka sameysan ku dhagan. I have t-shirts calanka ku wada sameysan. And the computer desk has one as well. It is too beautiful not to have it around. Alas, dad waxmagarato ayaa calankaas sheegto oo dalkeena hoosta u dhigay.

Balayga-cas, what are you on sxb ?? ,,,

That flag is a history in Somaliland .... it should be kept in the meausiums just for the sake of the history.

I agree with the poster, but it will take a little more time, another five years and its done. Insha Alllah.

Puntland & Somaliland are ok, the rest will follow suit.

jacaylbaro, I know you must be well aware that that was the flag which was first raised in Hargeisa, so therefore I still aknowledge it as my own even though I may display the SL flag - this is due to the situation we are in atm.

Btw the coat of arms of Somalia could do with a change - even though that is the least of our problems - with one that represents our culture and tradition. Possibly with one which represents our pastoral and nomadic tradition.

dude u are dreaming Somaliland will never unite with the south ever again. no matter what.

even if Djbouti and kilinka shanaad and nfd unites with you

Somali 5 bay ahayd

SOmaliland

Somaliya

jabuuti

nfd

Kilinka shanaad

where is puntland

Don,t ever say never. Only Allah can say never. personally I stay away from the word never because if I say I know I will eat my words because, we humans have little control of our actions let alone other peoples actions.

The Flag , the most beautiful flag, blue as the sky with a star in sync with the return to nature.

The emblem, is also good and beautiful and signifies the shebeelaha, when Somalia had them. Before they were killed or exported.

I say leave everything as before and concentrate on reviving the Somali state.

Originally posted by Balayga-Cas87:

jacaylbaro, I know you must be well aware that that was the flag which was first raised in Hargeisa, so therefore I still aknowledge it as my own even though I may display the SL flag - this is due to the situation we are in atm.

I said history sxb ,,,,, HISTORY