sheherazade

Fashionistas

Ibtisam   

I need to find a big/fat gold belt and gold hijab by sat! Anyone seen anything?

P.s. I don't like those shiny PVC belts, but anything else is fine.

-Lily-   

For belt, try Miss Selfridges, Topshop & Dorothy Perkins, Accessorize...oh and shoe shops. Are you going to wear it with dirac?

As for gold scraf, garbasar worn as scarf is your best bet.

Ibtisam   

^^^But £50 for a belt I will never wear again.

Yeah I am going to wear it with Dirac, I don't want a garbasar, I want a hijab :(

I will find it inshallah.

-Lily-   

I always find wearing belt with dirac strange, guntiino yes but dirac? Anyway, I'm sure it will look fab on you.

You are most likely to find a gold scarf in Tie Rack, I have seen both gold & silver scarfs there. Does it matter how big teh scarf is? Otherwise try the pashmina stalls, they have long eleborate gold ones, I'm sure you will find one in your area.

The belt is too paticular, how about something with gold in it? Or yellow or tan belt?

Naden   

A dirac with a belt makes a young Somali woman look like an old Afghani man.

Lily, that dress is lovely, very Angelina Jolie in France.

Anybody know what the haircut trend is nowadays? I'm sick of channeling summer 1997.

-Lily-   

Naden, the Arcadia group (high street gaints) now deliver to the US & Australia, that includes Wallis (where the dress is from), Topshop, Miss Selfridges & Dorothy Perkins...and you can shop online from all of them.

Nephissa   

Hey Naden, not everyone is able to pull off every trend imaginable, go for a cut that suits your face better. I too am thinking about getting my hair cut. I kind of like Rihanna's short style... my husband thinks it's going to make my ears look big!

2008+MTV+Video+Music+Awards+Arrivals+CJ_

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Naden:

Anybody know what the haircut trend is nowadays? I'm sick of channeling summer 1997.

Got tired of my long hair a few months ago, chopped it off...Then got tired of the new style, wanted something different, something fresh, or as some would say something crazy...Went in the salon, came out with a mohawk somewhat similar to the one below, even the color...

evaw.jpg

I am loving it...It is easier to stlye and more manageable...

My advice, don't think about it, just do it! You'll love it or will learn to live with it... ;)

Buuxo   

^damn,that is too hot to handle KK.Share the courage ,sistah.I still haven't worked the courage to get a Bob, let alone a mawhowk.

Lily,Like that long-sleeved MD.And the price is reasonable.I got to keep up with the time.How does one do online shopping?

-Lily-   

Buuxo, click on the item, add it to your basket and when you're done 'go to basket/checkout' and follow the payment instructions smile.gif

Blessed   

LOL^ Lily.

KK,

Your post needs a disclaimer, so here it goes. You've got to have great hair and the right face to carry off a short hair cut. For some of us, the qurux really is in our hair. :D

-Lily-   

^^LOL, I was trying to be helpful :confused:

I couldnt agree more with the hair, unless your blessed with a well sculptured face, high cheekbones and long neck, short hair like that will just look wrong, see how it makes Rihana look aged and the other girl who is older much softer & feminine.