sheherazade

Fashionistas

-Lily-   

Too many women in stone coloured trench coats...and its not even March yet.

Buuxo, that dress looks problematic at the top.

Malika   

^Hello Lily,

I am looking for long skirts and maxi dressess,looking around the shops there seem to be out of fashion,so out of shops too.

help!

-Lily-   

Malika, it's a little early for Maxi Dresses still, although some are out there. Short tea dresses with grandad cardies seem to be in vogue. As for Maxi Dresses:

From freemans.com (they have a few more really nice dresses on there)

83G542FRSP?$FMSPD$

78H467FRSP?$FMSPD$

From Monsoon

45025050_F_m1.jpg

45005824_F_m1.jpg

45001503_F_m1.jpg

49709703_F_m1.jpg

49716830_F_m1.jpg

-Lily-   

From New Look

162713819.tif&width=275&height=380&clipc

162235449.tif&width=275&height=380&clipc (you would need a cardi to cover the ugly arms)

164113109.tif&width=275&height=380&clipc

p.s. There are a few (albeit mostly ugly ones) on the Dorothy Perkins & Miss Selfridges websites. I also saw some nice printed ones in H&M the other day, but they are probably suited for shorter girls, they didn’t seem that long.

Malika   

^Thanks dear,your right mostly are ugly,and I am assuming they are not cheap too,especially the one's in Moonsoon. There was a time,I didnt flinch to spending £200 on a dress laakin beeriyahan,old age has come with sense,even £50 seems too much. :D

I have found a seamstress, will give her a try.

-Lily-   

^^If she's good you can get unqiue dresses just for you. Most of these maxi dresses are between £40-65, apart form the New Look ones.

I bought most of my summer stuff while on holiday but never wore it because it rained so much last year, wait till it actually gets hot before you invest in a summer wadrobe, it may never do :(

Malika   

^ smile.gif , I exausted my maxi dresses last summer,wore them with cardigans, and abu cumar plus the underskirt.I was determined to wear them..Lol

Perhaps to invest in short dresses,small cardigans and wear them over trousers..Hmmm,it will depend with the cut of the dress and trousers too.

Blessed   

^That's a nice look short dress / or long tunics and tailored trousers. Very neat!

Get your maxis made, it's fun and you won't be dressed like every other xalimo in London.

p.s victorias secres has some pretty ones..

Blessed   

^I think there are some shops in the UK but not sure if they sell everything like in the US, haven't been myself. VS online has the best selection of dresses, I've seen anywhere.

Long sleeved Maxis in the catwalks.. can't wait for the copies..

additionsgucci.jpg

dresscombine,0.jpg

finally, thanks, B, didn't know! I got one in Zara in Istanbul of all places. Not quite to my wrists but nothing a black long-sleeved t-shirt and chunky ethnic bangles won't take care of. Now all I have to do is wait for the Spring & Summer. :rolleyes:

I didn't see any nice Maxis in the shops yesterday.

Want these, what do you think?

26_fabroab_22_2.jpg

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

26_fabroab_22_2.jpg

Sure, I'll take them in a 9 pls...Thnx Sheh... :D

I've been waiting for these shoes to go on sale for some time now, and when they finaly were on sale they didn't have my size!!! They had it a size too small or a size too big... :mad: redface.gif :mad:

ZLAM066_IN.jpg

:( Hadaan calaf isku leenahan weynu is heli, I'A...

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

quote:Originally posted by sheherazade:

26_fabroab_22_2.jpg

Sure, I'll take them in a 9 pls...Thnx Sheh...
:D

I've been waiting for these shoes to go on sale for some time now, and when they finaly were on sale they didn't have my size!!! They had it a size too small or a size too big... :mad:
redface.gif
:mad:

ZLAM066_IN.jpg

:(
Hadaan calaf isku leenahan weynu is heli, I'A...
Balo, Kool ,Sis did you wear such Shoes? if you do plz i would like to see it how you walk .

Malika   

^I havent seen her walk in high heeled shoes,but I have seen some of her shoe collection on FB,inspirational waaye!..

KK,you inspire me to think 'colour', loved your yellow shoes.

I can't wear high heel,I already tower over most people,hadaa isku daroo heels I should be looking like the 'green giant'..Lol :D