Sign in to follow this  
Juje

'Breaking News'U.N. authorizes regional force to protect Somalia

^^^Saxib, no need for the rebuke, the world recognises and supports the TFG. No one recognises and supports Somaliland outside the Clan.. Thats politics right..

me   

My 2 cents? To hell with A/Y, IGADSOM will be a failure. The federalism that A/Y is supporting is going to weaken Somalia. This war is gonna get ugly. Only those that stick to principles will win, those who fight for qabiil will loose.

Guess what these forces gonna ask for once they come in Somalia. It has a UN mandate which means 100% UN support No weapons for USC/ICU whom manopolized weapon trade/usage. USC/ICU undersiege most populous state in Somalia (Lower Shabe). Somalia will celebrate that day.

are you in illusion these courties are the most powerfull countries in the planet, I thought you mean Dictatorial states Such Cuba is weak. If Dahir Aweys leades Somalia will be the same. Somalia cannot be United/Centralized again. it doesn't matter what you say. Mogadishu is home for USC/ICU only and cannot be represent most of Somalia.

me   

The Point

Federalism will weaken Somalia, Somalia is not Canada or USA. Keep that in mind. So you can't compare Somalia with the USA. Federalism might work if the states would have a common goal, but if the states are rivaling then there is no point having a federal state, so either little independent states or a unitary state in Somalia.

If some people argue for federalism because it would allow more freedom for the people and for the regions and it would serve their interest then it would be OK, but we all know that the federal states are covers for rival clan families that mistrust each other, We are not moving forward with federalism we are just legalizing qabyaalad.

Do you think that these 'states' would give the central government allot of power? and who would rule Somalia? there will eventually be some states that have more influence then others, then what? Will the states that don't have much say in the Federal government rebel?

Federalism doesn't solve anything for Somalia it will only prolong the conflict.

Originally posted by me:

My 2 cents? To hell with A/Y, IGADSOM will be a failure. The federalism that A/Y is supporting is going to weaken Somalia. This war is gonna get ugly. Only those that stick to principles will win, those who fight for qabiil will loose.

me,

Little information if it helps. Your exact words were used in ethiopia by those against federalism and autonomy of states/killils.

Ethiopia has never had this much peace in its history with 80 different languages and peoples and for the first time it has started building infrastructure. It had 27% education coverage now is close to 80 and in some states in the 90s already.

Ethiopia had only one university now has 8 and soon will be 13(next year). regions like Afar and to an extent somali never had a high school now they are close to 20 and more highschools and a university in jijiga construction and college in Afar(already opened).

every regional state takes care of its problems.

Through all this ethiopia only has 120,000 strong army instead of the half million up to million that she had in the past.

Ethiopia spends 3% of GDP on defence Eritrea spends 18%.

Federalism can go a long way to make peace. a Citizen in Baydhoa doen't need to complain about someone from Mugadishu or Kismayo. They each have their own local government.

The example in the rest of the world is of course very obvious. Even UK is now fast moving to decentralized governments like the one in Scotland.

Imagine India without the states/provinces. It would have been mayhem already long ago.

Imagine Canada with the French and English without federalism.

me   

^^ Who gives a shidd about Ethiopia? and secondly why are you comparing Somalia with Ethiopia? Somalis are one Nation, one people, as you said before in Ethiopia there are many different nations held prisoner.

Somalia is nor Ethiopia so don't compare apples with pears. What works for Ethiopia might not work for Somalia and what works for Somalia might not work for Ethiopia. Federalism is wrong for Somalia. It will weaken our country and it will help governments that want to destabilize the new Somali Republic. federalism and 4.5 must go or there will never be peace. 4.5 institutionalizes qabyaalad.

Dear xabash you are going too far, what do you mean someone who comes from Baydhabo wont complain about someone from Kismayo or Mogadishu? Don't let this war fool you, for an outsider like you it might seem totally out of control. But its not that bad. Somalis will live together in one state no need for federalism or any other hocus pocus. We are one nation, these xabash sponsored thugs are known and Ethiopia will not be forgiven for what it has done. Ethiopia will pay dearly.

Me siba sibeey dhaantaa waxa aan u adkeysan karin waxaa waaye USC/ICU choosing who will lead me as they did Shabeele hoose/jubaland. it is sad seeing people runing from self representation. I for one, I would like to elect my representative.

Originally posted by me:

Dear xabash you are going too far, what do you mean someone who comes from Baydhabo wont complain about someone from Kismayo or Mogadishu? Don't let this war fool you, for an outsider like you it might seem totally out of control. But its not that bad. Somalis will live together in one state no need for federalism or any other hocus pocus. We are one nation, these xabash sponsored thugs are known and Ethiopia will not be forgiven for what it has done. Ethiopia will pay dearly.

Again me,

What you said above was said almost to the word about the prime minister in ethiopia today. Even in the debate they had recently about the resolution, one opposition leader got up and accused the prime minister and his front, being somali friend and haveing been on somali side against his own country.

These kind of accusations don't help much.

Somali being of one language has not made any difference to that of ethiopia having 80 languages. When one talks about government, its what the people think how they should be governed that matters.

If a somali feels he should be governed each based on qabil or sub-clan, it will not matter what one calls it, thats what it will be.

What do you think about federal system in Germany or in Canada, in case the name ethiopia doesn't make you at ease?

Originally posted by me:

Sorry Federalism was not brought by A/Y you are mistaken... ...........Federalism was around since our dipendent days. Mindless people can trust Mogadishu Warmongers.

Lemme share a little story:

Habar baa waxay aragtay baa la yiri laba wiil oo diriraysa. Markey kusoo dhawaatay bay labadii wiil midkood garatay. Say inta istaagtay bay tiri; war xoogga alla ku qabayey'e ninka inta qonof lugaha ka gelisid oo sinsaaryo ugu dartid dhulka iyo isaga isa sii! Kii kale eey jeclayd in dhulka la dhigo baa yiri: eeddo hadda ogow waad noo wada sheegtaye'e :D !

Analogous is UN’s(habartii wiilasha aragtay) recently passed resolution(tabtii midkood wax u lagdi lahaa) :D .