Sign in to follow this  
Armchair Politician

Nur Adde not compliant enough, says Ethiopian Army

http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Somalia_27/Ethiopian_generals_complain_about_Somalia_s_n ew_PM.shtml

MOGADISHU, Somalia Jan 29 (Garowe Online) - Ethiopia’s top military commanders serving in Somalia have dispatched a letter to the country’s interim president, Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed, expressing their dissatisfaction with the policies of new Prime Minister Nur “Adde” Hassan Hussein, confidential sources tell Garowe Online.

The exact contents of the letter have not been independently verified yet, but government sources in Mogadishu and Baidoa privately confirmed the existence of the letter.

The Ethiopian generals expressed their displeasure with the way Prime Minister Nur Adde is running his new government, said reliable sources with first-hand knowledge of the letter.

The letter was also sent to Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi, President Yusuf’s main backer.

The generals’ central argument in the letter is that the Prime Minister makes decisions without consulting Ethiopian army commanders based in the capital Mogadishu, the sources said.

Prime Minister Nur Adde is “not as expected” and that the army commanders "cannot work with him," the Ethiopian commanders complained.

Sources close to the Prime Minister confirmed to Garowe Online that he is aware of the letter, but declined further comment concerning its exact contents.

Since his arrival in Mogadishu last week, Prime Minister Nur Adde has refused to meet with top Ethiopian commander Gen. Gabre, according to a Cabinet source who did not wish to be named in print.

Ethiopian Prime Minister Zenawi is largely believed to have personally hand-picked former Prime Minister Ali Mohamed Gedi, who resigned last October under Ethiopian pressure following a serious rift with President Yusuf.

Juje   

I very much doubt whether the Ethiopian Generals will actually write a letter of complaint against Nuur Caade to C/llahi Yusuf. But the fact that such stories is fabricated and published in GaroweOnline speaks volumes of who is actually irritated by Nuur Caade. Expect more from this corner to discredit the PM in the coming weeks.

If nur adde want peace he know what to do and that is Clear Ethiopian have to leave our soil.

Nur adde have to safe him people also coz they are the once who are dying every day in Mogadishu.

whatever safes our people iam with him all the way.

Poster, don't you look up to see if the news you are posting has been posted?

Why double of everything folks. Too much trashy news, ethios are wali socda.

Now that I think about it, what if all this is just a strategy on Cade's part, a way to draw all folks to him and somehow lessen the bloodshell.

I can't put anything passed odayaasha, they will do just about anything to convince us that they are their own entity and don' cater to the ethios.

Garoweonline, is opposed to Yusuf/Nur Cade and the whole TFG, thus this type of story is no more than tabloid trash. I am disapointed with them, the site is becoming a real bad news portal.

How would they know, are they getting their info from Sharif Ahmed al Asmari? :D

Duke.. are you disappointed with nuur cadde for upsetting ethiopians?

Or, just generally dissatisfied with the lack of blind clan loyalty of garoweonline.

lets not beat around the bush here shall we.

smile.gif

Adeer, my clan is huge and has enough loyal soldiers that it does not depend on one outlet for anything.

Nur Cade is the PM of Somalia and as such can do what ever he thinks is good for the country, if he pissed of an Ethiopian, Somali, Ugandan officer it matters not. The PM is above them all.

Originally posted by General Duke:

Adeer, my clan is huge and has enough loyal soldiers that it does not depend on one outlet for anything.

Why do you have to bring your clan into this,and who gives the dam if it is huge or not. One thing is true your adeer wouldn't be there without Ethio muscle.

^^^Why do you care if I bring my clan into it, in answering a question posed to me about my clans loyalties by someone else?

As for your Adeer, no one cares about him.