Sign in to follow this  
Haatu

Nooloow Shariifoow - 1 year on. What has been achieved?

Haatu   

Just the thing to spice up this section

Shariif-sanadguuro.jpg

Jaalle Shariif

Guulwade Shariif

Aabaha garashada :D:D

How do you view his first term in Villa Soomaaliya?

Now we'll have a lively debate.

With all the euphoria and excitement his election brought to some of us at the beginning of last year, what has really been achieved? Time and again I've said let us judge the man after his first year in term. Now that it has come what has he to show for all his promises? I know that he had it difficult from the beginning with the threat of a coup and no loyal forces, but what has happenned since? Are we to slumber and wait or are we to look for alternatives? I am not advising for anyone to rebel against the ruler as that is srictly XARAM, but to ponder on this issue and to reflect. Somalia has been in a state of turmoil for about 20 years now and still there seems to be no hope. Everyday we wake up to news of battles and deaths. Every now and then, our country seems to be disentegrating into small clan/religious fiedoms. What are we to do. How are we to better ourselves. Are we to make ourselves forget and live, grow old and die in foreign capitals? Are we to rid ourselves of our Somaliness and teach our children a dhaqan that is alien to us? What are the alternatives and what can we do? Once again I only call you to return to your Lord and ponder and reflect and make sincere Taubah as we are all transgressors.

Well he managed to turn all somali factions against him including those who are pro Somalia - puntland and Ahlu sunnah- he lost territories to the opposition specifically to al-shabaab and Xizbul Islam , corruption is still a real problem in his government and forces, failed to get foreign forces to help against the terrorists as well as failing to train his own.

if I make a checklist on the three most important things then :

Security: failed.

National harmony: failed.

Economic: failed.

I hope he manages to learn whats hot and whats cold in politics for the sake of his people - who like choose terrorists over him-

Peacenow   

If he were to stand down today. Who would be in the horizon in Somalia or outside to takeover. Somalia more than ever needs a Ataturk. It's looking very bad. See the story in today UK Observer.

Thankful   

Originally posted by Peacenow:

If he were to stand down today. Who would be in the horizon in Somalia or outside to takeover. Somalia more than ever needs a Ataturk. It's looking very bad. See the story in today UK Observer.

Turkey is moving away from Ataturks vision, it's current President Abdullah Gül is closer to Islam!

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Adigana "mee" bay kaaga dhegtay ........ madfaca shabaab buu ka dhuumanayaa deee
:D

:D

Madfacu dadka miyuu amusiiyaa? Waar hadal baa laga rabaa ee aragtid (is that the correct word/term?) looma jeedo.

Sikaawe   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

Shiekh 'Aamusane' mee?

Ma aamusna ee wax uu ku hadlo ayaanu aqoon, Illah (swt) ma barin sida loo hadlo, waa ka bes.