Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Where are my Somalilanders?

Gabbal   

I don't know about the other nomads, but I have become more then tired of the one-sidedness of the politics sections these past months.

Back to the topic: HELLO Landers? How have you guys been? What is Somaliland upto? Who is expected to succeed NSS Commander Riyaale and so on.

War maxaad u carateen baan naiwaydiiyay? :D Soo laabta! A change of scenery is dearly wished upon this section! Ayoub, Sami, Lander, Gediid, and the rest of the crew, war imaada dee.

Qudhac   

i guess we just got bored of the endless bore of war lords chear leaders in here.

but to be honest i think we kinda like the fact that every topic is not about us as it used to be.

so fading into the back ground sometimes is not bad thing. :D

Sky   

hornafrique, orod discuss the election thing they talk about day n night. i couldnt care less

N.O.R.F   

i guess we just got bored of the endless bore of war lords chear leaders in here.

i second that, a realisation that warlordism doesnt produce a peaceful state is also becoming a little more obviouse to the cheerleaders - BANG welcome back to earth!!!!!

Rahima   

Alla, thank-you so much HA smile.gif , i too was getting agitated by the nonesense been posted on this forum lately.

It's quiet sad to see grown men in cheerleader uniforms.

Even worse are the xabash lackeys (no need to attack boys, don't reveal yourselves, hush, it's our secret i promise ;) ).

NGONGE   

They have the same nonsense in Somaliland, Horn. Of course, it’s on a smaller scale and for some unexplainable reason they always manage to get round all the teething problems that they have. This fact never ceases to amaze me. How do the bunch of corrupt and power hungry individuals in the Somaliland government (and the opposition) manage to keep that ticking bomb from exploding is a real mystery to me. One never knows; they might even contrive a way of defusing it altogether!

Still, Somaliland news these days is very dull. Nothing to really talk about there! There was a bit of a ding-dong with the issue of elections but they managed to find a way round all the problems. The election is on again (though, for the foreseeable future at least, it can not be viewed as nothing but window-dressing).

The real news is coming from Somalia itself. Now that part is immensely enjoyable to follow. Many people have put their eggs in one basket or another. Many stand to be disappointed (maybe all). These changes and “political†squabbles have done wonders to the creativity of Somali news writer. All are trying to outdo each other with the latest piece of propaganda, rewriting of history and emotional appeals.

It’s a real shame that you and many of the regulars of this forum have deprived us of your own take on these issues!

The cut and paste brigade are working overtime, the “art thou not brainy†crew dive in with a few partial and barren words every now and then, and only few of those that really follow the events (daily) have been brave enough to give a full and objective analysis of the situation.

Same old, same old. :D

Rahima   

^ I still prefer the Somaliland news though, less hatred really. At least it can be discussed over a cup of shaah without the fear of having a cup or even worse bullets flying at you smile.gif .

NGONGE   

^^^ Not much reason for the hatred right now. They're more or less in agreement! Though, and at the risk of annoying “my†fellow Somalilanders, the nauseating and constant rhetoric about it being “Africa’s best kept secret†tends to grate a little. In that area at least, Somaliland is not really that much different to Somalia. All allow their optimism to overtake the reality. Somaliland has the potential of being that (as does Malawi or Burkina Faso), yet every old lady I speak to repeats the same old tired bit of spin.

Enough *****ing anyway, as long as there are no people dying, I’m content.

Sky   

personally my only interest in somaliland lies in their admin trying to take over areas that belong to puntland. and even that is not interesting. the action is going on in the south. i dunno why exactly the southerners hornafrique and rahima want somaliland news so badly, kinda odd.

Rahima   

Simple, it's more civilized than the crap posted on this forum. Just have a good hard look at this forum, many support certain individuals because warlord X hails from Clan Y (which suprisingly :rolleyes: they so happen to be born of). At least with Somaliland, they have one common ground, they want nothing to do with the ********* of the "south". I'm a southerner and i've had enough of them myself, namely the puppets who openly want to sell my country to the enemy (from both sides of the decedant spectrum).

At least, they (SL) are working for the good of their people, I can't say the same for the southerners (which mind you includes PL, basically all but SL).

Sky   

rahima youre really pissing me off right now, i dunno if you noticed but somalilands hypocritical idiocy is causing hate n war between somaliland n puntland, two ppls who got along fine in the past. somaliland is the most dabadilif, becuz they hand out somali freedomfighters to addis ababa for execution, while c/yussef gives these same onlf freedomfighter military and financial support.

and please girl, dont tell me you said puntland is not working for the good of the ppl? puntland has always been commited to peace n unity of somalia. what gives somaliland the right to think of their clan interests and be praised more than other somalis. and dont ever put puntland in the same corner as the south. its an insult to these peaceful ppl.

ngonge, i dont understand your plea for objective views. this is a forum and ppl give their opinions. even baashi's analysis was at the end of the day proven to be subjective. and the copy n paste by some members here are to strengthen their views. not that they havent got a brain of their own.

Rahima   

^Point proven.

Anyway i don't have want to be quarreling over nothing-it's my opinion and i have a right to it so long as it isn't hurting anyone. We can all cry if we want, but SL is light years ahead (ok i might be exaggerating a tad but they are more civilised, don't get angry, do something about it).

As for SL having the right (not including the disputed areas), the answer is simple, because the majority want it (is that not a good enough reason, not that i believe it to be correct but it is the case). And anyway, honestly speaking, what do SL have to gain by unifying with the rest of the country? I mean even the ones who have agreed to be united cannot agree on anything. It just goes to show, they have nothing to gain but everything to loose at least for the time being anyway. The only reason PL and the rest choose to be united is simply because they have too many ties which ultimately means they have no real choice but to stay together, it ain't exactly like they are more patriotic than SLs.

I mean just analyse what you have written above, sure you speak of the success of PLs which is fine, but then with the same stroke attack every decent southerner. You don't even bother to reason that unlike PL, the south has the difficult task of reconciling countless clans (which is the problem of Somalia anyway). You don't bother stating that unlike PL, the south has a greater number of people(in the literal sense of it) to reconcile. And even more distrubing you bellittle those who you claim to want unity with by reffering being compared to them as an insult. If that doesn't say it all, walaahi i do not know what does.

My point was simple, for southerners (all but SL really), clan is more important than country, for SL i personally believe it is the other way round.

Sky   

i can conclude that your measuring with double standards. puntland doesnt have the same rights as somaliland in your eyes, i really do think that. u can understand that somaliland doesnt want anything to do with the south, but puntland has to put up n shut up. you approve somaliland to breakaway cuz the majority wants it, good argument but apply that to the ppl of sool n sanaag also.

puntland is forced to stay with the rest of somalia, what a joke. tho its puntland (and actually also somalilands) interest n sure as hell the souths interest to have a central somali government to represent the somali ppl in the international stage. puntland could have boycotted every peace process, cuz with the absence of somaliland and the luggooyonimada reer muqdisho warlords we would be in this mess till the end of times. you should be thanking puntland n c/yussef in particular for your chance to see somalias glory back.

you know damn well that the south is not in turmoil becuz there are so many clans, but becuz of a handful of clans. so dont belittle the hard road puntland has fought for the sake of peace n development.

and dont put words in my mouth, its not an insult to be associated with the south otherwise c/yussef would not be president. we have a problem being put in the same corner as the lawless south, cuz that doesnt do justice to the hard work of the puntland ppl. you call the somaliland ppl more civilised than the rest, thinking your sharaf will be lifted up cuz you supposedly praise others (tho your maternal family) rather than yourself. next time dont victimse civilised ppl like bay n bakool etcetera to your truly uncivilised clan. walee truth has to be told. if there is one uncivilsed clan, its yours. so dont victimise ppl like bay, bakool, hiiraan etc with your silly outbursts.

to wrap it up with you, somaliland itself is one big pile of clannic chauvinism dung. puntland should also proclaim itself to be a republic, maybe in rahimas book we will be less clannic. what a joke. gimme a break will ya.

ps= in case you didnt know somalia is in relity divided in somaliland, puntland n the south.

Rahima   

while c/yussef gives these same onlf freedomfighter military and financial support.

loooooool :D:D .

Even if this was true (let's just assume it is), the guy is screwing them in more ways than can be imagined. I'm sure if we asked the ONLF fighters what they thought of our president, the result would not exactly be favourable to the old man. I'm not going to lie, i have no clue about this other than what my fiancee has passed on (considering that well let's just say his clansmen make up the bulk of the ONLF), but one thing i am sure of is that they would not be making him general in a war. This kinda reminds me of the famous saying of Malcolm X when he described Martin Luther King as being the commander in the war yet somehow he seems to be recieving rewards from the enemy, dare i say it, it smells kinda fishy wouldn't you say? Would Ethiopia be supporting a man who supposedly backs an anti-Ethiopian government organisation such as the ONLF? This is a contradiction at the very least. Either Ethiopia does not back CY or it does and hence cannot possible support the ONLF.

Sorry i forgot about this one, just had to let it out.

I realise you are angry brother oh so wonderful sky, but remember this is the net, i have an opinion just like you and it really is a wonderful day, hence no need to get angry smile.gif .

Mind you, i could not care any less if every little region, every little bloody street screemed out independence, if it means peace then me is happy, even if means contructing walls so that they don't mingle.

SL have stated that they don't want us,loool, which is fine and soon enough the rest will also break away, this land, that land and one big glup, Ethiopia has achieved it all.

Anyway good night smile.gif

by rahim

At least with Somaliland, they have one common ground
, they want nothing to do with the ********* of the "south". I'm a southerner and i've had enough of them myself, namely the puppets who openly want to sell my country to the enemy (from both sides of the decedant spectrum).

walaalo if you know or not these ppl that you are talking about are the same ppl who me and you destroyed our future Riyaal is and old rajim of siyaad bare alaha unaxariistee and I don't beilve that he and his capnet are warking for the sake of their ppl.

I still prefer the Somaliland news though, less hatred really. At least it can be discussed over a cup of shaah without the fear of having a cup or even worse bullets flying at you .

walaalo stop leiying to yourself show me a person who can freely state his view of the government in hargeysa without going to jail. like I said early soomalidiidland are fallowing the same road.

let me just leave here by saying waxeeynu nahay isma dhasho iyo dhaanteed ama ahoow xamaraawi ama reerwaqooye dadka naxukuma waxeey isticmaalaan isku caqli oo aabahood alaha unaxariistee baray Siyaad.