Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

BBC Interview with Sh. Atam

Sheekh Maxamed Said Atam oo Hogaamiya Ciidamada deegaanka ee Galbeedka bari ayaa Maanta la hadlay BBC-da Laanteeda Af-Somaliga, isaga oo sheegay in uu Xeelad Dagaal uga Baxay GalGala ee aan La wiiqin Wadoodiisa, Sida aan Horay u Baahinay GalGala News Atam waxa uu ku celiyay inuu Xeelad Dagaal Dibu Gurasho Sameeyay.

Waxa uu Cara baabay inaanu wali Dagaalkii Dhamaan isla markaana ay Adeegsanayaa Waxa uu ku sheegay “Ku Dhufoo Ka Dhaqaaq, isla markaana ay Haatan GalGala ku Hareeraysanyihiin.

“Anaga Islaam Baanu Nahay Mana Daan Daansan Anaga PL iyagaa weerar Soo qaaday GalGala PL ma Hoos Timaad waxana Dhaqaale Raadis Dagaalka ku Doonaya PIsta Ama Kooxda loo Yaqaan Sha’haado la Dirar waana naluku soo duulay waana is difaacaynaa” Ayuu Yiri Atam.

Atam waxa uu Qeexay in dadka deegaanka Ku Noolay aanay ahayn Hal Qabiil ee deegaanka Lawada deganyahay isla markaana Sha’haada la dirirka ayaan la Diriraynaa waxana ay la Dagaalamaan Laa Ilaahu Ilaahu waxa la Sawiray Masaajidadii Magaalada oo dhana waa la Bur Buriyay”Ayuu Yiri Atam.

Sheekh Atam Waxa uu Ku cel celiyay in ay Ajaanib Yihiin kuwa Dagaalka ku soo qaaday GalGala oo ay ka mid Yihiin Ethiopia iyo USA.

Sidoo kale waxa uu Mar labaad iska Fogeeyay inaanu wax Log ah ku Lahayn Al-Shabaab iyo Al-Qaacida e,ay Islaam Kaliya wadaagaan Al-Shabaabka ayuu Sheegay Maxamed Sicid Atam.

Waxa Ku eedeeyay PL inay Odayaashii deegaanka Radiyeen ama diideen In Hashiis la Galo, isaga oo xusay in hadii ay Hashiis Galayaan in PIStu ay Farah Galinta ka Daayaan GalGala iyo Galbeedka Bari.

Faroole ayuu ku eedeeyay inuu Balan qaaday inuu Tir Tiro AShaahada la Dirirka Balse taasi ayuu ka Been sheegay oo Balantii ka Baxay,wixii dhibta wada ilaa la soo Qabto.

Sheekh Maxamed Siciid Atam ayaa sheegay inay Xal tahay in oo uu isagu u Arko Natiijo in Shacabku Tashaan oo ay ka Guuraan Kuwa Diinta Gadanaya Qorigana ay Sidanayaan ilaa PIStu ka Baxdo Gudaha Galbeedka Bari.

So Attam clearly said that he is not part of Al Shabaab nor does he have any connection with Al Shabaab.

Why cant the Puntland leadership just have talks with him then.

NASSIR   

Time to bring the warring parties to the same table and deal with what has in the first place led to this war.

Issues PL must deal with in an order of priority.

1. The Galgala conflict and its root cause.

2. Dealing with PIS and how to peacefully transfer its resources and control to the state. The power of the purse belongs to the State for it to get a full control of its institutions. PIS, according to ICG, is the most powerful institution.

3. Attacking all pirate bases within Puntland or cutting off the logistics that abet this criminal activity in the hope of freeing up the hostages and ringing down the curtain on its financiers.

4. Reaching out to the people of SOOL and devising a new strategy on how to bring the city of Las Anod into the fold of Puntland. If that is not possible, the state must rather aid than obstruct the freedom fighters and their ideal solution.

mielmi   

NASSIR!!

STILL TALKING ABOUT LAASCANOOD EH?.........WELL A CERTAIN GROUP FROM NORTHEAST JUST MASSACRED YOUR PEOPLE AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO TALK ABOUT THE AFFAIRS OF SOMALILAND?.......YOU ARE A COWARD!!!!! THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO YOU.

^^^No need for any negotiations, he is weak and wounded and should have negotiated from a position of strength.

That was last week.

Even his interview highlights he is a confused fellow,

Anaga Islaam Baanu Nahay Mana Daan Daansan Anaga PL iyagaa weerar Soo qaaday GalGala PL ma Hoos Timaad waxana Dhaqaale Raadis Dagaalka ku Doonaya PIsta Ama Kooxda loo Yaqaan Sha’haado la Dirar waana naluku soo duulay waana is difaacaynaa” Ayuu Yiri Atam.

Atam waxa uu Qeexay in dadka deegaanka Ku Noolay aanay ahayn Hal Qabiil ee deegaanka Lawada deganyahay isla markaana Sha’haada la dirirka ayaan la Diriraynaa waxana ay
la Dagaalamaan Laa Ilaahu Ilaahu waxa la Sawiray Masaajidadii Magaalada oo dhana waa la Bur Buriyay”

Ayuu Yiri Atam.

NASSIR   

^Mielmi, you are wrong there. Sheikh Atam's forces were made up of several clans as the man is Sheikh. He got direct support from various sub-clans of PL in order to fight, not the state of Puntland, but the PIS's injustice, and in the process resolve the disputes over farming land and halt the grand ambition by some PL leaders to sell mineral rights exploration to foreign companies.

From the other side, the PL forces were led by Gen. Ilka-jir, the VP, and the deputy Minister of Security who is from Galgala himself.

^these are facts!

Hadalada fadhi ku dirirka iska ilaali. HD

Xudeedi   

Atam needs to sit with his kinsmen in Dhahar not men from Garoowe. If he gets full clan concensus then boy's in Garowe won't be a problem.

NASSIR   

Duke, I have said it all along that the conflict was triggered by mutiple outstanding issues. Among them are territorial rows, natural resources management, the injustices perpetuated by the PIS, and foreign intervention.

If I had said anything different from these points, you are free to show me. I have been consistent.

Xudeedi, Atam does not have a full support from the capital of Haylan region, Dhahar. This issue is about Galbeedka Bari. He had already sat down with the elders from the latter region.

Gen. Ilka-jir has NOT actually ruled out any possibilities for further talks on BBC, yesterday.

NASSIR   

Oodweyne, you are deluding yourself by reducing the Galgala conflict into a long clan feud in whose theaters were exclusively faught by two clans. That's the laymen's argument saxib. You live in the shaddows of the past and the fruits of unreflective passion. Neither forces were exclusively made up of a single clan as you wrongly perceive. It's of multiple actors and of causation---one of which is PL leaders' calculated efforts to realize ambitious designs.

This is the basic truth I have it for you unless you are woefully uninformed of the issue or have an ax to grind, saxib.

Nassir, Brother.

Try to not give any reply the one you mentioned its name your last writings but we should all try to answer the person who made Attom responsable for the institutional reforms that Puntland adm. may undertake within its different managerial components for the good of its people

Originally posted by Nassir:

Time
to bring the warring parties to the same table and deal with what has in the first place led to this war.

Issues PL must deal with in an order of priority.

1. The Galgala conflict and its root cause.

2. Dealing with PIS and how to peacefully transfer its resources and control to the state. The power of the purse belongs to the State for it to get a full control of its institutions. PIS, according to ICG, is the most powerful institution.

3. Attacking all pirate bases within Puntland or cutting off the logistics that abet this criminal activity in the hope of freeing up the hostages and ringing down the curtain on its financiers.

4. Reaching out to the people of SOOL and devising a new strategy on how to bring the city of Las Anod into the fold of Puntland. If that is not possible, the state must rather aid than obstruct the freedom fighters and their ideal solution.

Good ideas and win win for the people of Puntland. Even though I defended PIS, I agree that it needs to be under the complete control

of elected officials and it must obey the law like any other security agency.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

At every setback, there is an opportunity. Reform must be the next step. The PIS monster must be tackled.

LST, great point, I want Puntland State to prosper and be a model for good governance to the rest of Somalia. And as you have done it consistently, we should not be afraid of its good critics in order to arrest all manner of social ills such as clannism, nepotism and corruption as well as the current institutional pathology. It will take time to correct many problems, but I plead with the brothers in here to keep a good guard of what we are already blessed with and work together towards the cohesion of communities.

According to the UNDP and the UN General Assembly,

The three current legal frameworks under which Somalia is being ruled are the Transitional Federal Charter (2003), the Puntland Charter (1998) and the Somaliland Constitution (2001). The Joint Needs Assessment which was carried out in 2006 identified institution building as one of the major challenges in re-establishing trust in the state and enhancing its capacity for development.

Oodweyne, your knowledge of the community is laughable and dismal in outlook. If you only knew some of their various roles in the creation and advancement of Puntland, you would have been ashamed of your silly assertions.

I suggest you avoid the divide and destroy rhetoric you play @ SOL and many of the deragatory phrases you have been employing since yesterdays like "hapless community" "much-aggreived" etc.

:D:D OODwwene

Meesha afarta hal ee xaar dhurwaaga ah ee aad kusoo celcelinaysid kala tag cidna kuma wiirsan kartide.

Unlike you the makhir community were not uninimously agreed to support Attom and all the intellectuals were already agaist him.

But I remember when your late Ciise Xirsi-Qani Begun to creep the outer gate of hargeisa Presidential palace till he put his head infront of Late Cigal's feet, repeating " I was the one who begun the war and I am the one who is ready to admit the peace at any cost"

So that don't go too far to something that meant to make a sarcasm on one.

Adeer hurdada ka kac, Haddii kale casharo illaa what your grand fathers used to entertain back up to colonial days ayaan ku baraynaa..