Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

An East African Federation

Paragon   

Well, we've been waiting for the EAC to kick off from many years now. And boy, if it kicks off successfully, will this idea be very interesting to see how it ravels.

It would a genuine test for East/ern Africans. If they do it without hesitation, then perhaps we Somalis would also drop the guns in amazement, or rather admiration, and apply to join the federation?

It sure is a very sound idea BUT there its going to be a tricky to manour it. There are many issues that would need to be discussed.

A hurried unity is not advised.

A hurried unity is not advised.

Agreed!

N we are not in position to shape any aspect of this dream not mention we have lot unresolved issue with neighboring states.

Taleexi   

Agreed too!, we've got lots of preliminary exercises to do before even entertaining ourselves the idea of the east African confederation.

Paragon   

Yup. But my question is will we Somalis ever break out of bacda nagu xiran? We will grow economic sense as opposed to the bravado of empty nationality sense?

This could mean big money for Somalis you know? Big bucks, you hear? :D

Chimera   

^We have bad leadership at the moment but Somalis must never lose the sense of a national identity they currently have. It's largely responsible for Somali success in other countries including those in EAF like Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda

Somali Enterprise in Uganda

Daa'uud, that link mentions a Soomaali businesswoman by the name of Aamina Xirsi Mooge. Waaba qof power ku leh Ugaanda:

Yoweri.jpg

Uganda President, Yoweri Kaguta Museveni (left), flanked by Oasis Mall Developer, Amina Hersi, and Nakumatt Holdings MD Atul Shah (right), inspects the new Nakumatt Oasis hypermarket during its official launch in Kampala City [August 07, 2009]

I am sure gabar yar oo da'daada jirto ayee leedahay ee yaa lagaaga hormarin, Mr Dutch. :D And in the meantime, act like a combination of Ruud Gullit (Guuleed) and Rijkaard coolnesses.

Speaking of them, I was watching this the other day. What a classic, tension-filled game it was. My man Voller, my kinda of guy, being red-carded, so was Rijkaard. Ar kooxda Jarmalka maxaa ka dambeeye. Voller iyo Matiyoos (as Soomaalis used to spell his name that).

Adi ma xasuusan kartid ciyaartaas, that World Cup game being played in 1990, probably dhaybar kuu xirnaa. :D